Sign in to follow this  
zerg63

Lcwf mod (rok) - wip

suggestion,,,,

u better make NK unit as well or else i don't c y ppl would use it frankly its just another forgotten mod now, and yeah and unlock ur server if u got a chance???

You don't see why people would use it? I for one have long awaited a South Korean mod. I think ARMA2 really does seem too stuck with European/American armies. Asia has so many militaries that aren't touched upon by the addon community, which is understandable seeing as, until recently, we didn't have access to Asian faces.

Now we do, and we are seeing mods like this emerge.

I will admit though that two things would make me much more likely to use this mod in missions.

1. Vehicles and Aircraft.

2. Adding the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Just some thoughts. :)

Will be this army shown as Blufor or Opfor in editor? cause its like there are thousends of Blufor units and just a few opfor units avaiable. Would appreciate if this army could be Opfor ...

anyways thx 4 this

Will be this army shown as Blufor or Opfor in editor? cause its like there are thousends of Blufor units and just a few opfor units avaiable. Would appreciate if this army could be Opfor ...

anyways thx 4 this

But ROKA works closely with the US....

So i doubt they are going to be Opfor

well again i appreciate the work but they could atleast be independet so you have the choise where you gonna put them. As i said before there are way too much Blufor units available ... sad but ok

Edited by MrR0ket0

I'd say the ROK are as BLUFOR as you can get. They've been heavily involved in anti-communist operations throughout Asia, and are obviously strongly supported by the US. I think that's more than a proper argument for making them BLUFOR as standard, even if it is restrictive to the imaginations of some.

They were also known as some of the most tough, professional and effective soldiers to partake in Vietnam, achieving far greater results than any other coalition force.

I don't know where the ROK is militarily today compared to then, but I'd love to see a proper mod covering the conflict/region.

I will admit though that two things would make me much more likely to use this mod in missions.

1. Vehicles and Aircraft.

2. Adding the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Just some thoughts. :)

i still don't c y ppl would use this mod except for korean, u want asian face, Vehicles and Aircraft,,, have u forgotten PLAmod eh? it is high quality, it got Vehicles, Aircraft better yet guns too alot of them and to top it off ACE support too. new update with more Vehicles and Aircraft is on it way too

is that what u looking for???

i still don't c y ppl would use this mod except for korean, u want asian face, Vehicles and Aircraft,,, have u forgotten PLAmod eh? it is high quality, it got Vehicles, Aircraft better yet guns too alot of them and to top it off ACE support too. new update with more Vehicles and Aircraft is on it way too

Stop being a douchebag.

Abs

Since when was the PLA mod anything to DO with LCWF your basicly saying is that zergs mod is bad and its not...

Look i dont want to start this so if you want to rant further then message me as this is for the mod only and not silly comments... :mad:

Otherwise I just downloaded the pack and i have to say its looking very nice keep up the good work mate ;)

Edited by hetsar

Otherwise I just downloaded the pack and i have to say its looking very nice keep up the good work mate

Same here. ;)

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

Uh, yeah... :j:

Will be this army shown as Blufor or Opfor in editor? cause its like there are thousends of Blufor units and just a few opfor units avaiable. Would appreciate if this army could be Opfor.

Makes about as the U.K. or Australia being listed under OPFOR. :rolleyes:

Edited by Laqueesha

We speak proper english in here. c, y and u you can use at home, school or any other forum; here it is see, why and you.

Well....no, that's not what I'm looking for at all...

So according to you the PLA mod, a mod based on the People's Republic of China, a military with vastly different weapons, vehicles and aircraft to say 'The Japanese Defence Force', is representative of every single Asian country and military on the planet...?

That's like saying we don't need a Polish, German or Dutch mod because we already have a British mod. :rolleyes:

As for the issue on Asian faces, you're acting as if all Asians look alike, I can assure you they don't. The Japanese are vastly different in appearance to the Han Chinese, and the Han Chinese are vastly different in appearance to an Indonesian. Acting like they are all the same is pretty ignorant.

They should just do away with the Blufor, Opfor, Independent, Civilian groupings and let the user set these for each unit. It's a real pain in the ahz to make a mission when it has already been decided what side any given unit is on.

@zerg - It shouldn't be too hard to retexture things like the M113, the AAVP, the UH-60, the UH-1, the C-130, the BTR, BMP3 etc. to add a couple vehicles and a helo. (Not all of that of course, that's just a list of things in the vanilla games that the ROK uses. There might be more, but I don't know.) The unarmed landrover can be a stand in for the Kia Jeep style vehicles used as transport.

Some addons that go well with this mod.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=114740

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13457

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=5003&game=1

North Korea Mod should be easy.

Not too many uniform versions, Vilas right that it is a plain dark green/brown uniform.

The DPRK is fielding a new camouflage scheme similar to the ROK's camo and the USA's M81 Woodland. More information below.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hcC_mSgD7iGLPEEeDXUNFz9CocBg?docId=CNG.081ed8ef951580bf2ea69716935b211d.921

Edited by Laqueesha