Sign in to follow this  
n0pp3

RTE(Real Time Editor) or some alternative for OA MP

Double click on RTE Capture shortcut and then click on Run Update. That's it.

Ops... didn't read your question correctly. All you have to do is double click on RTE Capture. Then start OA/CO making sure you have RTEditor & jayArma2Lib activated. While in editor mode place some units and hit ESC, you should see RTEditor, just click that.

Edited by GD Mast
Didn't answer question correctly.

Double click on RTE Capture shortcut and then click on Run Update. That's it.

Ops... didn't read your question correctly. All you have to do is double click on RTE Capture. Then start OA/CO making sure you have RTEditor & jayArma2Lib activated. While in editor mode place some units and hit ESC, you should see RTEditor, just click that.

Funny thing is, when I go to where it was suppose to install the actual "@blablah" folder, it's never there. Even when changing the destination. Any thoughts?

Mmm... Are you using STEAM version of ARMA II, Operation Arrowhead, BAF? Or do you have it installed else where than normal install? C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA 2

You may want to uninstall RTEditor. Then install it again and manually select where you have your ArmA 2 folder.

Mmm... Are you using STEAM version of ARMA II, Operation Arrowhead, BAF? Or do you have it installed else where than normal install? C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA 2

You may want to uninstall RTEditor. Then install it again and manually select where you have your ArmA 2 folder.

Yes I do have steam, and it's already in the right directory when it's selected. I am really confused.

works fine for me.

I simply renamed my CO exe in the main directory to ARMA2.exe and downloaded the updated RTE. no issues already got a mission in progress everything is exporting fine with the exception of anything I write in the init lines of the units.

i cant figure out how to launch it as CO, since the only way it works for me is the script file dwarden make for standalone steam users... except i cant link it to that.

anyone know how to set it up so it does open as CO?

i cant figure out how to launch it as CO, since the only way it works for me is the script file dwarden make for standalone steam users... except i cant link it to that.

It works very nice for me in "CO"-after lots of effort.

I installed and uninstalled the .EXE multiple times..but i was

constantly having problem because the @RTE was not found

(no matter changing location middle-install)

The solution came when i also DL'ed the ".zip" version of the mod

and "manually" i placed @RTE folder (inside ArmA2 directory).

ATTENTION!:The @RTE folder was NOT having an "addons" folder inside

where the related .pbo's must be..so I created the "addons" folder

inside the @RTE folder-and moved the .pbo's there!

After that..i executed one more time the installer version(.exe) ..

tweaked some parameters in profiles..and all working as they must

(I running CO)

Hey Igneous,

Not 100% on what your situation is, are you having trouble with launching a merged install as arma2.exe? Or something different?

A little clarification and I'm sure we can get you sorted and working. ;)

I´m having problems after jayarma2lib updated itself last night while loading the game.

As soon as I enter the editor or preview (cant remember), I get a message: No Script Found or something like that. Then I Pause and execute RTE from the menu, but it cant connect to pipe.

It was working before jayarma2lib updated.

Either ARMA2 and Jayarma2lib are running as @mod_folders.

Please can you be more precise about that error message?

I got the same error. It was just this: "Script not found"

There were maybe three spaces between script and not, just empty like that.

Nothing I do can get the RTE Capture program to notice that CO is running, even when launched from the program. I have the editor running in CO right now, and RTEC just says "Status: Inactive" and has "Activate monitoring" grayed out.

Very frustrating since it took me over an hour just to figure out exactly how to install this and get things running. It worked fine in ArmA, with the odd bug...

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

Solved: I had renamed the Jay addon folder to @Jay, and apparently the .dll doesn't work without the original name being used. So, I switched the names back to default in RTEC and for the folder, and now it connects.

Edited by DNK

Can any of you guys(for who is working RTE in OA) make a simple tutorial or video ? because i tried all things and still not working(Script not found or no connection with RTE... :mad:)

So, this thing constantly loses the connection, even when it says it's connected. I don't know how much time I've wasted over lost data like that: it exports, then it fails to export. It exports, then it loses the data. It exports, then I go to merge the data and it loses the data. Hours of lost work because of this. Program needs fixing.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Oh, and the lovely: it only exports half of what's selected.

I can't get this thing running.

I got Steam-Version of Arma II and Arma II OA (2 Folders in Steamapps/Common/. Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead).

I'd like to start CO.

When i do it "the Steam way" the game starts fine, but when i start a preview and hit escape there is no 3D-Editor-button.

When i start it from RTE Capture i get this Error: Addon 'Extended_EventHandlers' requires addon 'CATracked2_AAV'. This shows up before screen switches from desktop to game. There are some other messages about missing stuff later on and no 3D-Editor-button either.

I used the offline installer, updated that install and even placed the .pbos from the zip-download in @RTE/Addons in both installationpaths (2 and 2 OA). Told RTE where the ARMA 2 OA @RTE folder is located. Tried both startvariants with and without activating the @RTE modfolder, where the first led to the result that arma said Sending Data or something when i started the preview!