Sign in to follow this  
n0pp3

RTE(Real Time Editor) or some alternative for OA MP

Hello,

I remembered that there was a RTE for Arma 2 and wanted to use in in OA.

I read that many people had problems with the capturing in OA but I don't need the capturing, I only need the RTE ingame.

In singleplayer etc. it works just fine but it doesn't in the MP.

I want to use it with a friend in MP.

Does anyone of you have any suggestion how to get this done, because it was natively implemented in the Arma 2 version to use the RTE in MP.

Thanks in advance

n0pp3

Yeah,

forgot to mention that i already saw VTS but it is not what i'm searching for, i'm searching for something that i can use in existing missions aswell like in domination etc...

Good luck with that search... such features are only present in VBS2, so I suggest you shell out around $1000 and buy it :p.

Edited by rexehuk

I sent a pm to i0n0s to see if he had any plans to update RTE capture to Combined Arms/Operation Arrowhead/BAF. No reply yet.

hmm... ok, damn, that's just what i thought... but why are all the good tools and mods that were started for arma 2 not supported by their developers anymore, same thing with the armatech ded. server tool etc. nah, just have to wait and knock on wood that something good will happen about RTE... :/

RTE works fine for OA... I've made over 10 missions with RTE since day one of OA, all that is needed is the renaming of exe to Arma2.exe. Make sure you're running RTE from the command line -mod=@CBA;@RTEditor and NOT the ingame management system.

One thing you need to remember with RTEditor is that it will place a double setPos command on units / objects which you need to remove otherwise you will get weird issues such as units running off, and FPS drops to near 0 when they fire weapons.

Edited by rexehuk

RTE works just fine for me, too... in the SINGLEPLAYER!

I've already started from arma2.exe with the -mod command, because combined operations is always starting with the arma2.exe.

The problem still is, that there is no option to choose the RTE after pressing escape if you play a multiplayer game.

I know that there may be no solution but I want you to know that this is not my fault and you haven't answered my actual question

Just at the right time!

Nice, thanks for your notice

ok so i managed to get rte to launch combined ops but it wont export? no errors coming up just will not export anything??? any tips?

ok so i managed to get rte to launch combined ops but it wont export? no errors coming up just will not export anything??? any tips?

Latest version uses JayArma2Lib to export the data... although I haven't worked it out yet either, couldn't seem to find where it was exporting to.

Same here, still having troubles with exporting. The editor works but capture doesn't. I used to be able to see the "active" indicator when it was working but not now (before Arrowhead/Combined Operations).

it only goes to active when your in the editor mode i found. I'm gonna try the profile editor there's an option to disable the lib extension.. I'll let ya know

-no dice

Edited by Ohally

Make sure to have jayArma2Lib installed and active, launch OA. It should automatically connect to RTE Capture. When using RTE Capture to launch make sure to not inject the dll.

No future action should be required but opening the RTE will take its time.

Do I have to launch ArmA via the RTE? I changed the executable under settings/profiles to arma2OA.exe.

When I try to launch from RTE I get an error saying "could not convert variant of type(null) into type (string)".

So to be clear, is RTE supposed to work with OA/Combined Ops now? And if so, how should I be starting up? Was I supposed to manually download a new version of RTE from the website? Because I just let RTE autoupdate itself....

No, you don't need to launch via RTE Capture.

No manual update should be required.

I'm still unable to capture? I can use the RTE on Arrowhead maps but exporting is a no go?

I can export... but I get no feedback ingame saying it's exported successfully etc (nor where I can locate it), and yes I'm running JayArma2Lib etc... a quick readme would be very good op.

Here is how I got it to work:

- I have jayArma2Lib installed

- In RTE Capture my profile points to arma2oa.exe and I have jayArma2Lib in the command line of course but I also have RTE Capture DLL active

- I start the game via RTE Capture

- In game start RTE which takes a couple of seconds to load. The status is not connected untill you are in RTE

- Then via projects I can save and load again

Export is currently broken. That part of the code wasn't rewritten and so I forgot to recreate the links.

And those links will take some time to re-establish.

@Knight Rider:

Don't have RTE Capture DLL active. It won't be need when using jayArmA2Lib since jayArmA2Lib is a replacement for it.

Here is how I got it to work:

- I have jayArma2Lib installed

- In RTE Capture my profile points to arma2oa.exe and I have jayArma2Lib in the command line of course but I also have RTE Capture DLL active

- I start the game via RTE Capture

- In game start RTE which takes a couple of seconds to load. The status is not connected untill you are in RTE

- Then via projects I can save and load again

Yeah, but how do you export stuff to .sqm? I finally got this all working, ingame it loads with no errors, RTE Capture is connected, got the working Projects button, but how do I export and merge it with my .sqm? There's a list of actions below, if I press "export all" nothing happens... The tree field in Capture remains blank, and obviously if I press "merge with mission .sqm" nothing would happen... So is there anyone in the world who managed to get RTE v1.55 working in OA patch 1.54?

edit:

Export is currently broken. That part of the code wasn't rewritten and so I forgot to recreate the links.

And those links will take some time to re-establish.

Oh, so that's what it was, waiting for a fix then :D

Edited by Marshall300

The fix is available for download. Just hit update and it will do the rest. :)

How do I get it to run. I downloaded V5 and installed (I was suppose to choose the arma 2 exe, right?) but I have no clue what to do from there.

The fix is great... but I have a burning question that has happened for MANY versions.

Why does this happen OP:

this setPos [934.121, 855.471, 0.0012588]; this setPos [934.121, 855.471, 0.0012588]; this setDir 359.958; doStop this;

Double setPos command breaks the game in very odd ways, so why is it doing it?