Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Disabling new repair action?

Is there a way to disable the way engineers can repair a vehicle (version 1.54).

I would like to disable that action so I can use my own engineer script that I wrote (I prefer the engineer to repair to 100%, I know it's not realistic, but I prefer it that way).

If anybody could give me a hand, it'd be much appreciated.

Yes I am looking to do this too, as the repairing ATM is too quick.

Do they actually repair anything? I used getdammage before and after the repair and it reports it being the same.

I believe the engineer repair just gets it operational (60% health)

Please somebody help us out here, I don't really like these features being forced on me when they are really worse off than what I had previously.

At least the new artillery computer can be turned off, why can't this?

I believe the engineer repair just gets it operational (60% health)

Please somebody help us out here, I don't really like these features being forced on me when they are really worse off than what I had previously.

At least the new artillery computer can be turned off, why can't this?

Benny has managed to turn it off...ask him how he did it.

I'm sure my vehicle was %80 damaged and it made no difference.

%80 damage before repair and %80 after.

Edited by F2k Sel

The total damage won't change much, but the individual pieces will be repaired. Test by shooting out a tire and repairing it repeatedly.

The total damage won't change much, but the individual pieces will be repaired. Test by shooting out a tire and repairing it repeatedly.

Cheers I was trying to repair things that were too damaged I think.

I do see a problem as even repairing a Tyre doesn't reset the damage so getdamage is no longer accurate.

How come if you shoot out tires and use an engineer to repair them, he puts tires with flats on them? At least that's how it tests out on the SUV. Don't they keep air in the spares? :)

Benny has managed to turn it off...ask him how he did it.

it would be nice if the BIKI got updated when a new patch comes out. It's hard to develop stuff when it's not documented.

How come if you shoot out tires and use an engineer to repair them, he puts tires with flats on them? At least that's how it tests out on the SUV. Don't they keep air in the spares? :)
Well this type of repair is a emergency repair...he uses the tyre sealer and inflator that replaced full size spare wheels some time ago. The Engineer in 1.54 is not intended to repair fully, just make mobile again...you still need a repair truck for full repair. I like this system more over all other repair scripts that let you come out of your hole with a shiny new tank, helo, APC after you got heavy beaten up.

The engineer will repair something that is in the red to make it functional again (orange). I had a Warrior with a red tracks and gun and everything else orange and he repaired the two red things and then said repair done and wouldn't repair anything else even though the action menu still had the option for him to repair the vehicle.

Talking about repair trucks... Do those repair yard things in the Construction buildings work? It would be cool to have a script that has a repair truck come out and tow a vehicle back to the repair yard where it must stay for a certain amount of time before it's nice and new again.

Edited by Decerto
Bright idea

I'm with Beagle on this one. Individual part repair to make it mobile is a way better solution than brand new vehicle as an engineer repair function. If you want the brand new vehicle, then take the penalty of having to bring with you the repair truck. In Domination the engineer can also create a FARP (needs his engineer vehicle/salvage truck to do it). So he can repair it partly where he is, then you have to drive the vehicle to the FARP for the full deal.

Engineer with full repair skills, nah, that's just way too magic for me. But yeah, it would be nice to know how to disable builtin action, as I might want to restrict the engineer to be able to do it only if he have the required ruck (with the tools and spare parts etc).

Once again, I care very little about the realism of it, I'm saying I have a script that does it better in my opinion and it'd be wonderful if it could be used and I could turn off the BIS one. They added a switch for the artillery system to be turned off, why not the engineer repair?

I'm going to bump this thread because I'd still like to know how to do this. Please may a dev or somebody on BIS comment on it?

Would love to know how to get engineers to repair to 100% also! Been wanting this for a mission I'm working on...

Anybody figure this out yet? Or do I have to make a ticket at the CIT to have it added as a scripting feature?