Sign in to follow this  
PuFu

BIS Resource Request

I am starting this Thread in this section of the forums, with the purpose of requesting additional information (which are either not available on biki or on those forums - editing part) and/or sample models and A1 mlods from BIS

Provide aditional information where is due when making a request.

* reason

* information required

* details about specific issues

Notes:

1. Sample models are NOT mlods.

Those are to be requested only when the required information is not available, or when the A1 sample models are not sufficient as a base for your own work.

2. Discussion outside the scope of this thread will not be tolerated (refrain from posting "we needz mlodz, LOL", "BIS is lazy" and/or similar messages

3. Please keep it clean - no under the belt hits

Edited by PuFu

Please release sample models and bones for a 4 legged animal in A2.

Reason: additional creature creation, such as horses, camels etc

Thank You

PS: cheers for posting smth Myke, now i can properly post my request, without having it merge with my prior post

just do what I did and pay BIS for the arma2 mlods.

would you care to expand?

we need samples of animals like chickens, dogs and cows so we can apply to other animal models some of us have and would be keen to get ingame.

we need samples of animals like chickens, dogs and cows so we can apply to other animal models some of us have and would be keen to get ingame.

I was pondering the possibility of substituting pheasant/grouse for chickens and wild haggis instead of wandering wild boars for my forthcoming project, so I'd be particularly interested in this as well..... :D

B

I'd like to request a single sample of an OA infantry model along with an up to date config including any new entries that have been added since OA (such as the ones relating to the capacity a soldier can carry). An example of a thermal map and its corresponding RVMAT would be good too. Basically something similar to the sample release for ARMA2.

Main reason is that this would allow infantry modders a single (and non-EULA breaking) source/reference for the new features found on infantry and in the config in OA. I know some of the new features have been worked out through reverse engineering but much of the information has been guessed at rather than being fact (if that makes sense).

Myke;1741917']I request a complete update of the following BIWIKI pages:

cfgVehicles config reference

cfgAmmo config reference

cfgMagazines config reference

cfgWeapons config reference

This update shouldn't only update all possible config entries to date but also explanations what they do exactly' date=' also containing examples.[/quote']

I agree. Really need this.

just do what I did and pay BIS for the arma2 mlods.
would you care to expand?

i'd like to know more about this although it doesn't sound good because why would pay for stuff that will help you to make free addons for arma 2 ?

i mean these addons help BIS becuase they add more varity to there games so they should release examples for free

and +2 for Myke's request

Regarding MLOD's, i could imagine something like a contest:

- BIS gives a (yet to be created) MLOD of a vehicle/unit/structure/animal which doesn't already exist to the community, untextured, without config (which would require updated config references).

- Mainly this MLOD will work as example MLOD to learn but in the same time, the community is allowed to create full addons out of this MLOD for A2 and/or OA

- In a special thread, people can participate in a contest with their version of addon created with the BIS MLOD and the best (voted by community) will be included into the next patch.

I guess this would be a win/win situation for everyone.

good one myke :)

Is there any official statement on this one? Could Suma/Maruk/Dwarden comment if any of the requests are actually gonna happen (in some foreseeable future?)