Sign in to follow this  
cream-t

Quick way to command "stop" to all of squad?

Hi,

three weeks into Arma and learning most squard controls.

What I am missing is "stop all" (or disregard last command). I know how to select team members then use "stop". I keep accidently picking wrong command (normally move) which messes up my squad postions.

On pressing space the only option is "regroup". I want a quick "Stop" as well.

Also handy for when you want them to stop and wait while you scout ahead. Only way I know is to issue a "move".

For example. Heat of battle. You sent commands to members like target, move, stop, etc... basically have them all positioned nicely.

I go to instruct a member say "attack" using mouse and by accident issue "move" command. So easy to do. You know you cursor over tagret. Get "attack" press mouse but cursor has gone back to move. Sometimes I also do not select unit (via mouse) so my next command is issues to all.

So I am avoiding using attack, stopped using mouse to select units and learning key combos. I know I could script it for my missions.

(i have searched on title "regroup" "Stop")

ta

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

doh missed ATTN NOOBIES! stickly. Please move this.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

ignore found what I wanted.

key 1 then 6.

I run in windowed mode, so have a little space on the side that I can see my desktop, so for controlling AI I made this quick cheat sheet of the Complex Commands keys since I was always forgetting what they are! :) I guess you could print it out too or something.

complexcommands.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

key 1 then 6.

correction ~ key first to highlight all units in squad F2-F12,

then press number 1 and then 6 to stop them.

Imho, squad commands should be kept simple, and to the minimum. It is amazing that the enemy doesn`t need to be babysat, but we gotta micro manage the squad still. What a collosal pita.

BIS would take the game to the next level if they programmed an AI humanisation module. a module that would allow the AI to have more human/believable reactions to events. These reactions wouldn't always be the most efficient but would add more belivability.

BIS would take the game to the next level if they programmed an AI humanisation module. a module that would allow the AI to have more human/believable reactions to events. These reactions wouldn't always be the most efficient but would add more belivability.

More survivable too. I lost an AI team mate yesterday because while he was under fire and I told him to mount an LAV he decided to stop every 5 feet on the way.

Well Shat commanding "stop" to your team is pretty basic and simple!

New to this but has anyone made a voice recognition system? Is there a API like the tracker one? If so it wouldn't be that hard as voice recog software would be simple to configure.

As regards voice recognition I use it all the time ... say "All Stop" and no keypresses required :) Set your teams with colors and then say "Team red stop" .. the list goes on and on.

voice recognition is a god send IMHO in this game, I will never go back.

Check my sig for links, my profile is for Pilflus which isnt working with Windows 7 you have to use another voice recognition software. Search these forums for "voice recognition" to find more, although a decent enough thread covering alot is also linked in my sig.

Hope it helps.

PS if anyone knows what works with win7 and has any useful profile links then please post :)

Edited by mrcash2009

me to, learning now. Vac is good. my mic isn't. jojo's profile is great.

- edit MIC need cranking up.

Edited by cream-t