Sign in to follow this  
D00mbuggy

Amnesia: The Dark Descent demo out

If that trailer is anything to go by, then jesus this could finally be a game to try and scare myself with :)

Does look very good, always loved this type of game. Even just the problem solving stuff like the original broken sword series. The storylines are just so engrosing. Oh and not to mention Myst :)

Its a small independant company too where id rather see my hard earned cash go to. May have to purchase this when im home. Nice find, loving the barricade of the doors :D

The demo is well worth a play, gets you right into the feel of the game.

I'm never going waiste deep in water again. :cry2::cry2:

Oh god yeah,

I was in such a blind panic with the wheel on the gate that I had real trouble achieving anything with it the first couple of times and I always cut it short to jump back onto the crates. Well, I soon learned that if you kept up like that, you run out of body parts to keep it busy with, whilst you work on opening the damn thing.

I ended up having to do a running jump off my crate, into the water, then kept on running to the other side of the room, scrambled onto the crates, just as the thing came right up behind me. Tossed two body parts in the water, took another with me for good measure - only the damn thing hadn't completely taken the bait on the first one so it broke off and chased me again. Yikes!

By the time I got the gate open and ran down that corridor, I almost messed up opening the door, panicked, and ran out of time to slam it shut. Luckily, there the demo ended :D

The only game, and general piece of visual art outside of Silent Hill 2 that has ever prompted me to scream like a little girl and panic to the point of losing motor skills.

Its a small independant company too where id rather see my hard earned cash go to.

Oh knoes-you mean there is another? :p:D

Heh, this is an awesome game. I love the pathetic clinging-to-a-lone-candle-surrounded-by-the-darkness feel you get. Plus, you can barricade doors. Nuff said.

This looks pretty awesome; the video alone was rather intense. Looks like a game that's right up my alley. :)

Why is it all these guys in horror games follow the woman obviously having issues? :p

So, has anyone gotten their grubby mitts on the full game yet? I just decided to ignore my studying for tonight, and instead turn off every light in the apartment and scare myself to death with this game...

Just finished downloading off steam, not had chance to start it yet. But i plan on a blacked out room, full volume session tommorow night.

This is a strange game indeed, strange in how it still manages to scare me even when repeating the path I have already gone through in the demo - Perhaps I am weak of spirit, but I also find myself unwilling to play the game for more than perhaps an hour. I hope that will not fade as I progress playing, because it really is rather perversely enjoyable to be moved by a game to the extent that you can't continue to play it.

I've finished only first part of Penumbra (same authors?) and there's something powerful when you creep around just waiting for a new shocker :) Will buy this off Steam when I finish my current A2 project ;)

Found some time tonight to start it, just finished a 2 hour session. Definatly very impressive so far.

GooB have you got to the "dark" storage area yet?? Just got back into the back hallway from there. I was fookin nearly shakin after it :eek:

Good shit though.

Edit:- Time to quit for tonight, im in the Cistern atm. Must admit, its not terribly hard as of yet. But even tho the game thus far has been easy, its very rewarding getting to the next areas. Not to mention out witting the "enemy" thingies.

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

wooo scary game can only play this game with light on^^ Penumbra the same too

best horror games

Edited by TeilX

Well, it was a relatively short run, but thinking about it, just right. I probably wouldn't have wanted much more! :D Great value for £12, and my hearts still racing :D

Can you still bludgeon them to death with stuff like you could in Overtue?

Yeah, I was gonna ask the same thing - whether or not you can throw barrels at them until they die or something.

...I imagine not. :(

I am not cut out for these games lol.

I tried playing the Penumbra games and got pretty far, but at some point i always come at a puzzle i cant solve after which i ragequit playing the game.

Other times i am annoyed by the screen effects when your character is getting scared in the game.

That said, the game is also very scary and that kind of takes away the will to play lol.

Havent finished the demo yet,

standing on a box in the middle of the water with that thing standing right next to me waiting for me to step off the box. I quit :o

Paint the man! Cut the lines! Paint the man! Cut the lines! Paint the man! Cut the lines!