Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

PowerShow Event: Opening Ceremony for Lingor Island

Lmao, typo :) Aerobatic ;)

p.s. how did u guess, there will be a stunt show too ;)

I'm in talks with couple of companies if they could supply any gifts for players joining this event to celebrate release of v1.60 and new Lingor. I will probably contribute couple of $ prizes via paypal to share the donations I've recieved for my island work. And it will depend on the mission objectives.

Quick update. With help of Bohemia Interactive we'll be giving out 3 ToH games and 2 Arma: 10th Anniversary packs, along with $ prizes by me. We still need to figure out how to do this via scripting, probably place gifts over the map in small suitcases near objectives ;)

Keep tuned to this topic. Release is getting close and so is v1.60.

Phase 1: Airshow (you will be audience) & Racing (you can join races on various courses)

Phase 2: Red vs Blue sides compete against PMC Group in objective missions. Prizes will based on random locations and publically announced during the event.

- big thanks to HitmanFF for all the scripting.

Edited by IceBreakr

Any ideas what to do? It seems v1.60 is still buggy as hell as BIS released quite a few betas this week that fix server and client CTDs(!) - and we don't use beta for any events (mainly because rookies fail to join or use proper stuff)... what do you recommend? Wait another few months for another "official non-beta"? :/ crap, I don't know what to do.

I think they released a bunch of buggy 1.60 RC's but I would have thought the actual release was fixed up. Was it not?

no it wasn't. Have a look at the post 1.60 betas already available and the amounts of fixes they include,,,

Merry new year, Icebreaker. Love your work and looking forward to more from you in 2012.

Will try to organize it from 12th / 19th. Will let you know of the exact date.

Event date is still TBA. Lingor recieved final touches yesterday and I'm sure you'll like new territory.

Meanwhile SBP Aerobatic team is training for the opening ceremony of this event:

air150212-01.jpg

this sounds amazing !!!!

i have used lingor a lot with friends and for making my own little missions and im really looking forward to this event and the map update i really admire ure work especially as i have tried many times to make islands and just cant get my head around the editing tools im not particularly gifted in that area :(

i hope im not somewhere in africa taking photos at the time of the event that would be truly miserable :(

This opening ceremony is not to be missed..:)

I would hope there will be camera operators filming the event in the case that some of us miss it!!

There will be a lot of cameras, don't worry ;)

In part II we will give out couple of awards. We're still thinking of how to do that, but probably I'll leave couple of suitcases on scripted random locations for you guys to find them :)

Confirmed prizes: Take On Helicopters, Arma 10th Anniversary, "NameYourTown" on my new map, etc.

Edited by IceBreakr

Will you be running ACE? I've been looking at Lingor to setup an orienteering mission so might be something you can include perhaps!!

Will you be running ACE? I've been looking at Lingor to setup an orienteering mission so might be something you can include perhaps!!

As far as im aware ACE wont be used. Only Lingor Island and its Units.

As far as im aware ACE wont be used. Only Lingor Island and its Units.

This is understandable. Unfortunately orienteering missions are pretty much useless without the map tools that are provided in ACE.

This is understandable. Unfortunately orienteering missions are pretty much useless without the map tools that are provided in ACE.

Huh? How so?

Huh? How so?

Depends on how you run them I guess. The way I was doing them they are no fun with the very crappy built-in compass (which I can't even read on my screen) and no decent measuring tools and drawing tools etc.

There will be a lot of stuff to do, so don't worry ;) ACE-only event is a no-go for most of us.

Depends on how you run them I guess. The way I was doing them they are no fun with the very crappy built-in compass (which I can't even read on my screen) and no decent measuring tools and drawing tools etc.

Using landmarks, the coordinate gadget you have and the compass, I can navigate my way quite fine through everything.

Using landmarks, the coordinate gadget you have and the compass, I can navigate my way quite fine through everything.

Give my mission a try. See my sig for forum post. It is only in beta stage but will give you an idea. You'll need to run it in EXPERT/VETERAN mode or whatever mode that does not mark your location on the map. You will not get a GPS. You won't know EXACTLY where on the map you start.

I believe it will run without ACE so you can use the piss poor compass.

Record your times and enter them into the spreadsheet to see how well you do. Spreadsheet link is in the first forum post.

Let me know how you do.