Sign in to follow this  
ADuke

Binarize.exe broke my model

I have been making a model of a vehicle for the last month, recently I got it in game and was making small changes and finalizing it.

Then, I made one small change to it, binarized it, and now my model doesn't appear in-game.

I have had this happen before with another model and ended up fixing it by deleting the 1st, 2nd, and third UV sets, but this time that fix doesn't seem to be working.

Can anyone suggest a fix or do I need to start over from scratch and waste another 2 months on this model?

The only errors relating to my model are these...

ad_matv_m2: ammo_belt_rotation - unknown animation source belt_rotation
In Vehicle: ad_vehicles\ad_matv_m2.p3d missing cargo get in direction point
In Vehicle: ad_vehicles\ad_matv_m2.p3d missing gunner get in direction point

Which kind of gives away what my next addon will be, but anyway...

Those errors were there before everything went to hell, so I don't think those are the cause of my model not showing up in-game.

does it work with the last modification you did, without having the p3d binarized though?

I would fix the issues rpt is warning you about, then try binarizing it again. The fact that on bin the .p3d file is optimized for game engine could break some stuff in your file due to missing or invalid selections, errors and so forth.

It is not easy to debug without additional info

it happened to me and still does

go to your temp folder look if there;s a folder called "ARMAaddons" and delete if it;s there and re binirize

if not then idk what the problem is unless it shows smth in game like an error message