Sign in to follow this  
ziiip

[SP/Coop] City Refinery

cityrefinerypromo.jpg

I created this mission to have some fun cleaning enemy towns, outposts. There is a background story though, just to make things whole.

Not tested with any AI mod.

Requirements: ArmA2

features:

-many small-scale firefights

-a side mission (search the first town to start it)

-weapons selection in the debriefing

-good FPS, as most of the enemies are spawned in at the appropriate time

Download from Armaholic or Strategy Informer.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11975

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/armaii/map/37171.html

Second release changelog

-new intro

-added outro

-first aid

-color changes reapply after death

-critical fixes to sidequest

-autosave points

-tasks now actually finish

Enjoy and leave a comment if you try it!

Edited by ziiip
corrected grammar error

I don't know whether it's meant to be, but after the teamleader is killed and you switch to another member of your group, all the tasks (on the map) vanish and you have no more goals to accomplish.

Nice mission though, I liked the small-scale firefights throughout the mission.

Thanks man! :D So you played through it, right? Any suggestions?

About the tasks, it's not a bug, rather my laziness. The tasks are only created for the leader, but I will update it in the next version. I will also try to solve the loss of color filter and add an outro cutscene.

Edited by ziiip

Thanks man! :D So you played through it, right?

Almost - my leader was killed near the end and I'd forgot to save :rolleyes:

Any suggestions?

I've noticed you didn't implement the advanced first aid system (I don't know how it's exactly called) - but especially in your scenario, where the player doesn't have much support to rely on, it would be quite useful. Also I would suggest some autosave points for people like me, who always forget to press the save button :o

EDIT1: Furthermore I was a little bit confused by the intro - don't get me wrong it was well staged, but I didn't catch the context.

Edited by Velocity

Thanks, second version is being worked on right now. :) But I've changed my mind on creating tasks for eveyone, its just a bad effort/use ratio. :D I have tweaked the sidequest too, as

the peasant could move away from the trigger sometimes and the ending of sidequest could be trigger only if leader was alive.

Edited by ziiip

But I've changed my mind on creating tasks for eveyone, its just a bad effort/use ratio.

If so you should at least implement the first aid module - else it would be too hard (in my opinion).:computer:

Second release out.

Changes:

-new intro

-added outro

-first aid

-color changes reapply after death

-critical fixes to sidequest

-autosave points

-tasks now actually finish :D

Edited by ziiip

I haven't finished your mission yet (no time), but I've noticed some nice changes:

• better intro
  • gear selection
  • first aid system
  • autosave

A few suggestions:

• possibility to skip the intro
  • try to use the "preload" feature within the intro cutscene - especially before you show the open terrain - this would provide a smoother experience
  • autosave directly after the 5th soldier joined your group
  • side quest:
    give the player some more hints what they are supposed to do after they arrive at the bombed settlement

The preload manager isnt there to make quick scene changes go smoother. I can do the rest, but regarding the sidequest, you are clearly told what to do in Shakhovka.

Thanks for the feedback. ^^

Edited by ziiip

(...) but regarding the sidequest, you are clearly told what to do in Shakhovka.

Hmm I'd searched the bombed village but there wasn't any clue how to continue the side quest, so I aborted it.

Hmm there's still a problem with the side quest - the first 2 times I approached the two corpses nothing happend although the village man stood right behind me. The third time the cutscene was shown and I could finish the side quest (but it was a little bit disappointing, maybe you could think of something more creative than "I'm going crazy and kill all of you waaaaahh!" :crazy:)

By the way, it's your fault that I ordered pizza today! :D

Lol, should have bought one for me too. :D

Hey, I'm not George Lucas. :D And if the yanks didnt come there would be no war. :P;) Btw the cutscene works every time, but you and the peasant have to be close enough.

Nice work ziiip matey enjoyed it my aar, took a little longer version, met up with the resistence, evaded all contact got within 1k of destination, came under contact, popped of few rounds, and legged it to the end. Must say good mission, and also the intro was great as well top work there.

Regards Jeza

Thank you Jezaa for the suspiciously generous opinion. :D

Hi ziiip

Downloaded this interesting-looking mission but get two 'content deleted' errors for camisc_e & castructures_e_misc_market

Happened with ArmA 2 v1.07 & again with v1.08.

Would I be correct in thinking the "_e" nomenclature means these are OA files?

Not a problem for me especially as I have OA on order but it would nice to know that my A2 installation isn't corrupted :eek:

BR

Carl

No idea Carl, I created the map in CO so its possible that I used OA stuff...altohugh I guess you already have OA too.

hey i just finished your mission. well it was kinda...boring..i run 5000meters and killed 1 jeep lol?!

Maybe you should attack the russian towns. :icon_rolleyes: