Sign in to follow this  
Protegimus

CSM2 Sounds for ArmA 2: British Armed Forces

1in1class: CSM2 Sounds for ArmA 2: British Armed Forces v0.1b works fine with ArmA 2 OA version: 1.55 and BAF version 1.01.

I'm using the above with CSM2OA.

Perhaps another mod causing a conflict?

Protegimus

Its not another mod causing it, i have all the same as i did befor. I just update to the new patch and now the sounds are jumping back and forth from CSM2 to vanilla. Did not have this issue befor. Just started when i updated to the new patches.

It's a very nice mod and makes a brilliant change from the default weapon sounds, however personally I find the sound variations are too drastically different to each other, especially when comparing full auto to single shot sonds. Some sounds are bassy, others are more echoey. Maybe it would be better to have the soundfiles sound alike to each other and also get rid of the full auto echoes (sometimes firing single shots in full auto mode and getting a burst echo feedback is really weird). Just a suggestion, brilliant sound mod otherwise definately staying activated!

the sounds are jumping back and forth from CSM2 to vanilla
same here, not sure what's going on, but v.irratating... hopes there's a fix soon....

Perhaps some useful information such as your config, otherwise I won't know how to replicate your issue - it works perfectly with CSM2 OA and CSM2 BAF...

same here, not sure what's going on, but v.irratating... hopes there's a fix soon....

Well iv deleted all of the CSM2 folders and there was one in the user config folder also, then i dl the CSM2OA mod again and when i tryed to run the game i got this: Include file userconfig\csm2\csm2_clientside_config.hpp not found. I could not run the game with just the CSM2OA so i tryed the CSM2BAF and same issue. Why cant i use the mod now? Befor had no issue till the new Patches came out. Do you even got the new patches? If all are having this issue then its the new patches that did this, and the CSM2OA and CSM2BAF needs to be update to the new Patches.

Edited by 1in1class

Hi, thanks for your reply . . will try to provide what info I have (if you need more please give me specfics re-files etc). Hope this helps replicate the problem.

No other mods installed (just had a re-format of hard drive 2 weeks ago & so CSM2 was my first choice in getting back up and running again....

Had the mod working just fine & then for no reason at all the modded sounds just don't seem to be getting through (haven't changed my hardware or driver setup since - and unlike 1and1class I've not even updated to OA 1.55 yet (seems buggy so I'll be giving that a miss till BIS fix it). Hope you can help.

No longer get any sounds for the SCARS & frequently get stock sounds for the other OA weapons.

Machine

Q9650 @ 3.5, 4 G's ram, XP SP3, latest DX9, 2G Radeon 5970 OC on 10.9 drivers, Soundmax audio

Arma & OA info

v1.07 stable & 1.54

CSM2 - 1.04h

CSM2OA - (not sure of version but the CSM2_s_wep_mg.pbo.CSM2.bisign it is dated - 17/10/2010) (the download link I used for this on your signature no longer seems to be vaild)

CSM2OABAF v.0.1 b

Launch strings -

for reg arma - "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CSM2

for Combined Ops & BAF - "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CSM2;@CSM2OA;@CSM2BAF;BAF

Error messages - "addon 'csm2_c_wep_mg' regules addon acex_sm_c_sound_wep_mg'" (or similar) - disappears when I edit the .hpp in the userconfig as per readme instructions.

NB - I have only one folder in the userconfig - CSM2 with one .hpp - should there be one for BAF & OA versions?

Config -

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=-4194304;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1080;

FSAA=1;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=4;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=1061355392;

nonlocalVRAM=123076608;

Windowed=0;

Profile info

version=1;

blood=1;

singleVoice=0;

anisoFilter=2;

TexQuality=1;

TexMemory=1;

useWBuffer=0;

tripleHead=0;

shadingQuality=10;

shadowQuality=3;

maxSamplesPlayed=32;

gamma=1;

brightness=1;

fovTop=0.75;

fovLeft=1.328125;

uiTopLeftX=0.17999998;

uiTopLeftY=0.074999988;

uiBottomRightX=0.82000005;

uiBottomRightY=0.92500001;

IGUIScale=0.85000002;

sceneComplexity=300000;

viewDistance=1600;

terrainGrid=10;

volumeCD=6.5;

volumeFX=6.5;

volumeSpeech=6.5;

volumeVoN=6.5;

vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

Edited by Guttersnipe

@Guttersnipe

Ahh see i was about to go back to the last patch but your saying that you did not even update to the new one yet. Did you have the new patch when you did your format? My issue started as soon as i updated to the new patches befor it was working fine, in all words its an issue that CSM2 needs to be updated to the new patches or so on... Hope to see one soon or an quick fix.

@1and1class - no, 'fraid not - I was only up to 1.54 on my previous install, which was also working intermittantly, so our problem also exsists in 1.54. I think it would help if we could also list which sounds are missing ;-

All SCARS, all Ak74's, 240, Enfield, FN - notably I always get the 249/minimi & .50, M4/M16 variants.. . very strange.

Edited by Guttersnipe

Guttersnipe: thanks for the info.

If you are running OA or CO, you *only* need to load CSM2OA.

With BAF, you use CSM2BAF.

For Combined Operations and BAF you load CSM2OA & CSM2BAF.

The original CSM2 is for ArmA2 only!!

Launch strings for Combined Ops & BAF

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -mod=BAF;@CSM2OA;@CSM2BAF

Note: BAF is loaded first in the -mod= line and that there is no -mod=@CSM2;

That should bring it into line with the instructions.

1in1class: if the above doesn't also answer your question, post your 'Launch strings' and config.

Also, the reason you can't run the mod and why you're getting the "Include file userconfig\csm2\csm2_clientside_config.hpp not found" is because...

"Well iv deleted all of the CSM2 folders and there was one in the user config folder also..."

so it is because you deleted the userconfig\csm2\csm2_clientside_config.hpp file!

To recreate it, just copy the following text into the file and save it to the above path:

// Uncomment to enable replacement of ACE2 @ACEX_SM sounds

//#define CSM2_ACEX_SM

// Uncomment to enable replacement of Operation Arrowhead sounds

#define CSM2_OA

Protegimus

Thanks for the reply Protegimus:

"Note: BAF is loaded first in the -mod= line " - this helped a little.

To recreate it, just copy the following text into the file and save it to the above path:

//#define CSM2_ACEX_SM

#define CSM2_OA

-- this part solved all my problems.

the .hpp file I had from the mod didn't include the last string with "// Uncomment to enable replacement of Operation Arrowhead sounds

#define CSM2_OA" -- for some reason it was missing, and I can't now remember where I downloaded it from.....

If could just take the opportunity of asking you if there is a single site that I can reliably get the mod/future updates from? Your signature links don't always work & I noticed that many of the usual mirrors had older versions of the mod when I unpacked them. In particular none of the version I encountered contained the two zeu-c ....pbo's mentioned in the readme ...

Many thanks again for solving this one for me & what a great mod!

//#define CSM2_ACEX_SM

#define CSM2_OA

Where do i put this at? It says into the file but what file, how do i do this? Thanks for the help if Guttersnipe got it going hope i can too. I just need to know where to put that info and how to recreate it.

Or if you could this would be very nice, give me that file with that in it so i could just put it in my userconfig file. So you do have to have the CSM2 userconfig from the ArmA 2 one to get the OA and BAF running right?

Ahhh i see, thank you for the info and i got it working also. Thanks for the help Protegimus.

Edited by 1in1class

Great! Haven't tried it yet, but the readme says:

Also, the following files mentioned in the readme don't appear to be present in the download:

zeu_c_BAF_wep_cfg.pbo

zeu_c_BAF_wep_cfg.pbo.CSM2.bisign

Configuration files are available for download from the TS3 server as zeu_BAF_wep_cfg.7z at:

teamspeak.zeus-community.net:9987

Channel: Support & File Repository

for graphical instructions, go here thanks Rabbit!

Protegimus

hi. CSM2OA link in first post not working. anywhere else it is avaialble>?

Try Protegimus' TS3 server (you'll find the URL in the Zeus AI thread, a few pages back from the last page)

Hey all. i just tried this mod and i like it alot, but i was kind of disapointed becuase i saw this video on youtube and it sounds way better.. how can i get the sounds in the video? is there an earlier version with these sounds??

Hey all. i just tried this mod and i like it alot, but i was kind of disapointed becuase i saw this video on youtube and it sounds way better.. how can i get the sounds in the video? is there an earlier version with these sounds??

It sounds too good to be true! :(

Where can I download the latest version of CSM2 for A2:CO+BAF+PMC or even CSM3 :rolleyes:

Some links on the first page do not work. Is there a repository of modification?

Just a quick question-

has anyone else noticed that the P:UKF-CSM L85's sound differently than the BAF-CSM ones?

Is this on purpose or have I done something wrong?

We keep both P:UKF weapons and the CSM sound mod files (as well as other addons) in a single folder. Would that be causing the issue?

I think UKF was a weapons pack released way before BIS did BAF.

An for the record I have just re downloaded all of the CSM stuff, chucked it all in the one mod folder and it still works a treat. In fact I have never had an issue with this mod ever, even since A2 vanilla its been great.

The only issue is that some rifles sounds way closer that they actually are, but I mean it still comes from the right direction so....not really a game wrecker. Maybe it gets fixed one day maybe it doesn't, either way this is a quality sound mod.

O/T I know but, the other night I made a HALO jump in a Domi game. The AO was a click to my east and I could hear the low rumbles of the explosions. seconds after I saw the initial fire ball. So ambient, a thing of beauty.

That said there are a lot of quality sound mods out there. I just like this one. :D

Small update to my CSM2 sound mod for the BAF addon, taking it to version: 0.1c.

New sounds are added for the NLAW, additional L85A2 firing sound and improved 40mm munition impact sounds and mounted L7A2 firing sounds.

Download link in first post, thanks for Foxhound @ Armaholic for hosting it.

Protegimus

It took me absolutely ages to find the CSM2OA download link. CSM2 1.04i doesn't contain the awesome explosion sounds, which was my primary motivation for downloading the mod. Surely CSM2 and CSM2OA could be packaged together and reuploaded to Armaholic to save confusion?

For anyone else looking for CSM2OA here is the link I used.

http://zeus-community.net/important/

Great work Protegimus, I look forward to CSM3.