Sign in to follow this  
VerySolidSnake

Super sharp graphics

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ May 01 2002,21:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Uhm, that was 1920x1440 @32bit and 75Hz with setviewdistance of 5000 : )

Of course I had to resize the picture, lol.<span id='postcolor'>

Damn, is it a slideshow or do you play like that?

COLINMAN

Haha. Yeah it's around 4fps or so. I only did it to make those unfortunate to run on such resolution drule.

I run the game on 1600x1200 with 32bit color at 85Hz. It looks great.

alright i've set digital vibrance up, LOD is -1.3, 1600x1200, but it still doesn't even look close to that. Is there some settings in game that i'm missing?

shut up!!!! and stop posting nice screenshots of OFP, mine looks like crap sad.gif

my card is a Geforce2 GTS and I'm felling trully jealous.....

Uhm... let me break my piggy bank and see if I can afort those new GF4 Ti200 cards..

They cost about $$165........

wink.gif

To VerySolidSnake:

Well you are missing that advocate resized his pic which means that it'll look much sharper. It wont look so sharp in game. Take a screenshot and resize it and you'll see wink.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VerySolidSnake @ May 03 2002,02:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">alright i've set digital vibrance up, LOD is -1.3, 1600x1200, but it still doesn't even look close to that. Is there some settings in game that i'm missing?<span id='postcolor'>

Make sure that you max out the visual quality and minimize the desired framerate in the OFP video options dialog. If your hardware can handle it, you should still get a good framerate, i.e. one which will exceed the desired framerate, while getting better visuals.

I have a GF3 Ti200, and I can play at 1600x1200x32 with a very usable framerate. If I enable FSAA, I need to drop the resolution down to 1024x768x32, but the visual quality is about the same as with 1600x1200x32 with no FSAA.

FSAA on Nvidia GPU´s sub Geforce4 tend to blurr the image additionally, if you use FSAA you probably need to adjust lod bias to a greater negative value to counter for this.

FSAA has to much of an impact on framerate for me with all the other tweaks enabled in action- or graphic intense scenes, the benifits of anisotropic filtering coupled with negative lod bias is in terms of picture clearness and sharpness more important to me than antialiased lines, especially in large outdoor terrains where it´s already hard enough to spot an enemy at some distance if he´s not moving.

Hi Satchel this is from another topic of yours...

"Open the directory "patch scripts/NVIDIA/LODBiasFix" in the dialogue, and select the script that suits your system (Win2K/WinXp or Win9x), press "open". Now press the continue button in the dialogue and point to the directory where you extracted the 28.32 detonators, when set press "open", the .dll is going to be patched so that Lod Bias will work."

My problem is i cannot find that directory(Patch scripts/NVIDIA/LODBiasFix)

Maybe it´s due to because i haven´t installed Rivatuner at all and i´m opening directly by clicking on the .exe from winzip...

If i do that a message appears which says:

Cannot load IO drivers.All low level Io operatiosn will not be perfomed.

Then i can run rivatuner...

ithought i didn´t have to patch detonators to adjust Lod bias sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

MAybe that´s the reason of why i didn´t notice any changes confused.gifconfused.gif

Yes, the instructions that Satchel provided are for a RivaTuner patch script that enables negative LOD biases, which have been broken in the Detonator XP drivers for a while. Even though various tools would let you select negative values, the drivers haven't honored those settings.

The patch script fixes this by modifying the driver, which then needs to be re-installed using the "Update Driver" procedure in the Device Manager.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mora2 @ May 03 2002,00:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi Satchel this is from another topic of yours...

"Open the directory "patch scripts/NVIDIA/LODBiasFix" in the dialogue, and select the script that suits your system (Win2K/WinXp or Win9x), press "open". Now press the continue button in the dialogue and point to the directory where you extracted the 28.32 detonators, when set press "open", the .dll is going to be patched so that Lod Bias will work."

My problem is i cannot find that directory(Patch scripts/NVIDIA/LODBiasFix)

Maybe it´s due to because i haven´t installed Rivatuner at all and i´m opening directly by clicking on the .exe from winzip...

If i do that a message appears which says:

Cannot load IO drivers.All low level Io operatiosn will not be perfomed.

Then i can run rivatuner...

ithought i didn´t have to patch detonators to adjust Lod bias sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif

MAybe that´s the reason of why i didn´t notice any changes confused.gif  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

dude you have to load riva tuner from the folder thats created when you extract it from winzip....

otherwise it cant find the necessary DLL's.

It´s me again....

OK I found the archive and patched it,but i´m not sure of this:

"Close Riva Tuner and install the 28.32 Detonators you have just patched."

This comes after:

-" Open the directory "patch scripts/NVIDIA/LODBiasFix" in the dialogue, and select the script that suits your system (Win2K/WinXp or Win9x), press "open". Now press the continue button in the dialogue and point to the directory where you extracted the 28.32 detonators, when set press "open", the .dll is going to be patched so that Lod Bias will work."

So when Satchel says install the patched drivers he means clicking on the setup which is supossed to have changed after patching the .dll right??

Thanks

I just want to make sure i´ve done it correctly...

AdvocateXXX can you post some more screenshots? I'm going to buy me a new vidcard (hopefully) in the coming month (Geforce4Ti4200) and I would like to dream a bit more of the image quality improvement I can expect...  (I'm currently using an old ATI rage128 because I had a watercooling accident with my radeon AIW which I RMA'd but in the end got a refund for smile.gif )

oh, something else: do you always take pictures wearing nothing but shorts? AdvocateXXX in shorts

JustinCase, did you have your 'watercooling accident' after watching AdvocateXXX in his shorts? wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mora2 @ May 03 2002,14:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It´s me again....

OK I found the archive and patched it,but i´m not sure of this:

"Close Riva Tuner and install the 28.32 Detonators you have just patched."

This comes after:

-" Open the directory "patch scripts/NVIDIA/LODBiasFix" in the dialogue, and select the script that suits your system (Win2K/WinXp or Win9x), press "open". Now press the continue button in the dialogue and point to the directory where you extracted the 28.32 detonators, when set press "open", the .dll is going to be patched so that Lod Bias will work."

So when Satchel says install the patched drivers he means clicking on the setup which is supossed to have changed after patching the .dll right??

Thanks

I just want to make sure i´ve done it correctly...<span id='postcolor'>

If you´ve patched the .dll using the script, you simply need to install the just patched 28.32´s, either via the hardware manager, or properties of display. Point to the directory your negative lod bias enabled driver is in, just like you install drivers that doesn´t come with an automated setup routine, that´s it.

"either via the hardware manager, or properties of display"

Soory for being so noob or whatever you call it but you mean in control panel? sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ May 02 2002,23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">JustinCase, did you have your 'watercooling accident' after watching AdvocateXXX in his shorts?  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You didn't look at that link did you? It was a guy (AdvocateXXX) sitting there in nothing but shorts taking pictures of himself... obviously not something I would ruin a graphics card for...

so in short: before.

JustinCase, it's obvious you didn't get my joke. Don't worry about it, it was kind of stooopid anyway. Cheers!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ May 03 2002,00:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">JustinCase, it's obvious you didn't get my joke. Don't worry about it, it was kind of stooopid anyway. Cheers!<span id='postcolor'>

I did get it... but tell me, what wat was I supposed to answer to that?

wink.gif

anyway, I'm glad that the picture isn't "super sharp graphics" :-)

how about super duper graphics??? biggrin.gif

anyways, i do have a xtasy geforce4 ti4600, with dual 1.4ghz, and the graphics still are not sharp after doing everything that is in this thread.... WHAT ELSE!?!?!?

Sigh, graphics in advocate's pics are good and sharp because the pic is resized. It won't look that sharp in game. Take a screenshot in highest resolution and resize it to something like 800x600 and you'll see.