Sign in to follow this  
cas

DLC-suggestion PJ- evacuation

I would love to see a proper evacuation feature where you can drag and carry all the injured and dead units.

All the soldiers in your team have to come home even if they are dead.

This would open up for some interesting tactical decisions: do you risk your men’s lives to retrieve a wounded or even dead soldier? Or do you have to leave the casualty behind and move on?

You would have to get the casualty into cover and secure a area for MEDEVAC.

This would make missions much more realistic and dynamic. Unfortunately most RL scenarios with enemy contact have this element.

Would make you care much more for your team. If you hear: "oh no 5 is down" you have to find him.

Of course this level of micromanagement and realism is not for everyone.

So this should come as DLC and modules.

Along with some nice PJ (Para jumpers), HH-60G Pave Hawk and the feature to load lying units into several helicopters trucks and ambulances.

The module should make it easy to assign transport units to the MEDEVAC function. It should be possible to call MEDEVAC over the radio menu several times. The causalities could be auto unloaded at a base and fx. disappear into a medical tend.

As a similar feature i would like to see the evacuation of prisoners implemented (dead alive or wounded) there should be animations to guide, drag and carry prisoners or their casualties. A module should make it possible to assign vehicles to prisoner extraction and assign a drop-off point (prison) for them.

If this was implemented you could have dynamic hostage rescue situations where fx. one of your pilots gets shot down and captured.

I want some thinking out of the box here!

The game always wanted to be realistic (a simulation) but this was never implemented in any game!

Some of the strength of the game engine are that you can have non linear missions. The big maps and high number of units make this possible!

Hope to see this implemented!

What are your thoughts on this?

(i know ACE and SLX mods have been working with the implementation of these features but i never found the loading of dead bodies into vehicles part working. The corpses just get stuck midair)

I think this is an absolutely fantastic Idea!!!

The ability to "Not leave a soldier behind" by being able to medivac your injured/dead would be a fantastic feature. This would truly add to the games already incredible immersion by a factor of 10 imho.

Great Idea with endless possibilities!!!

That's stupid, in real life if a soldier was wounded or died would they put in extra resources just to remove his body?

Well maybe the MEDEVAC UH-60 that's already in game should be made useful first. It's got a ton of empty (useless) space in it..

But, I would love some PJs :)

That's stupid, in real life if a soldier was wounded or died would they put in extra resources just to remove his body?

Yea you are right it´s just a stupid idea to take care of your fallen comrades. It is best as it is now when someone is shot just ignore him. It really does not matter what happens to them.

- it sure would boost moral

-who cares at the home front if fallen comrades would be found by the enemy and exhibited in the TV (like Somalia/ Afghanistan).

- who cares what happens to their equipment.

- who cares if those body bags get back to the home country...

Hope your question was as ironic as mine!

Even the Taliban are known to be experts in removing their fallen from the field. Often no bodies can be found after firefights.

It would also help a game like ARMA to stand a bit out from the mass when it comes to the discussion about violence in computer games. Here you would at least see some of the consequences.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

The idea is mostly to give BIS the financial backup to implement a important feature.

You would get all the new features and modules and low resolution models gratis.

The high res. models, a new campaign and missions with these modules at work are exclusive for those that pay the DLC.

And believe me the flow of missions would totally change.

It's been partly done at least. :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=93811

Nice mod but there is no real MEDEVAC it´s more like a heli to bring a medic in, do the magic heal thing and then fly away without EVAC.

Connected to the feature to load wounded, dead and prisoners it would be nice though.

The SetEvent handle might make it happen,I think.Tell Bis we NEED the event handlers they got rid of put in again!!

What are your thoughts on this?
Excellent idea...although more than likely too late in the series (A2) calender.

You can always hope for a more fleshed-out CASEVAC routine in III.

Excellent idea...although more than likely too late in the series (A2) calender.

Given this thread was started 2 years ago, I think the OP was in the right timescale.

Gotta love a good (pointless) thread necro!

The SetEvent handle might make it happen,I think.Tell Bis we NEED the event handlers they got rid of put in again!!

And I think that you should read and understand the forum rules you accepted. The post you replied to was made in 2010, we're now in 2012...

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.