Sign in to follow this  
SyNcRoNiCzZ

DLC - Chernarus goes to the Snow

How do you like the Idea ?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the Idea ?

• Good
    • Bad

Chernarus/Utes go to Snow times back, would be my suggestion, incl. a new Snow Campaign/Mission´s. And corresponding course Snow camo Units.

Maybe at one time the 2-4 years earlier or later the ArmA2 Original Campaign, the play´s in to Winter Time. :D

Write your Ideas/Discussions/Wish in this Thread. ;)

Edited by SyNcRoNiCzZ

NO.

Arma 2 content should only be available to people who bought Arma 2. Chernarus and Utes maps fall into that category, even if you did make it snow on them.

NO.

Arma 2 content should only be available to people who bought Arma 2. Chernarus and Utes maps fall into that category, even if you did make it snow on them.

Where exactly did Christian say anything about Operation Arrowhead?

Where exactly did Christian say anything about Operation Arrowhead?

Exactly, that´s was only a Idea from my. ;)

Now, why wares in the forest (ArmA2) then goes to the Desert (ArmA2:OA, BAF) And now can maybe go to the Snow. :D

I know I'd love it. OA US and A2 USMC upgraded to OA standards but with winter camos. We'd get "bright night forests" due to the snow, and the leaves on the problematic trees (everybody knows which trees I'm talking about here :p) could be pretty much removed.

We'd now get hills with trees, but where the tree canopies doesn't give us the same kind of problems we had earlier; resulting in hills where you could actually take advantage of the elevated position since you can actually see something from there.

Ponds could be made icy with extremely low friction (for vehicles). But I'd also want the whole "feeling" to be updated to match. Civilian module should make buildings produce more chimney smoke, 24 hours a day. Breath frost smoke. Surface sounds to match. Rain becomes snow, reacting to wind (I've already asked for this for rain). Wildlife upgraded to winter colors and types.

I would also like to see engine upgraded to support physical reactions to temperatures. Here it would obviously be "the shakes due to cold", which you can counter by being active or warm at a campfire or running vehicle. In time modders could expand on this for effects due to heat in a desert environment.

It would rock if we could actually travel by skies and snowmobiles. Man, you have no idea what mood you just put me into :D

I know I'd love it. OA US and A2 USMC upgraded to OA standards but with winter camos. We'd get "bright night forests" due to the snow, and the leaves on the problematic trees (everybody knows which trees I'm talking about here :p) could be pretty much removed.

We'd now get hills with trees, but where the tree canopies doesn't give us the same kind of problems we had earlier; resulting in hills where you could actually take advantage of the elevated position since you can actually see something from there.

Ponds could be made icy with extremely low friction (for vehicles). But I'd also want the whole "feeling" to be updated to match. Civilian module should make buildings produce more chimney smoke, 24 hours a day. Breath frost smoke. Surface sounds to match. Rain becomes snow, reacting to wind (I've already asked for this for rain). Wildlife upgraded to winter colors and types.

I would also like to see engine upgraded to support physical reactions to temperatures. Here it would obviously be "the shakes due to cold", which you can counter by being active or warm at a campfire or running vehicle. In time modders could expand on this for effects due to heat in a desert environment.

It would rock if we could actually travel by skies and snowmobiles. Man, you have no idea what mood you just put me into :D

You need a trip to Svalbard ;)

Back on topic, +1 to this great idea!

Yup, would love a properly realised snow DLC.

All manner of cool stuff you can do with the winter theme, blizzards, white-outs in rotor wash, and so on.

If they make snow not just a texture on the ground but actually meltable and blowable (for ex by choppers) then for sure.

Nice idea but I doubt that BIS is going to make something for A2 only.

Who knows - maybe someday BIS devs will find a performance friendly solution for dynamic simulation of nature, seasons, animals and civilians...

Melting snow? That's a quite insane suggestion :) Any suggestions on how that might be accomplished? Even seasonal support with sharp transition dates already quadruples the texture data. Blowable is just a matter of particle effects, no need to make it any more special than that. I would also want a playable game :p

I mean the environment (Snow) would be something completely new for BIS, and can maybe to continue the history.

But looks at times different games, many games have any Snow Story´s (a part of the full game. SP and MP Map´s, ect.). I find the atmosphere on Snow it´s great snowstorm, snows i love it. :D

See at "Raunhofer´s" Snow Map, that´s was absolutely great ! The Foodstaps sound too original at one run/walk in the Snow. ;)

Well, I'd love a winter map as long as there are lots of eye candy effects for snow. Like water was in Bioshock.

I like the idea of that "snow-dusting" paint job for military vehicles :)

Omg fail. What is with all the DLC ideas? It's funny, because the people who are suggesting them would be the ones complaining when they have to pay for it. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't pay money just for a map i already have, in which the only change is snow. Not worth it.

Can't get enthused about the prospect of white units on a white landscape, I'd much rather littlebird into Mogadishu...

I like the idea, but not Chernarus, make it something new, with NEW content, not updated content.....If it's something I have to buy, I want to see something worth buying.

DLC doesn't have to cost anything.

Exactly. This is BIS, not EA or IW.

How did a yes no question about if something was a good idea turn into a rant against DLC? if you don't like DLC, don't open the thread with DLC in large letters in the title.

OT: I think it would be a good idea, but as was said earlier, I would like to see a new country. Maybe one of the ones that was bordering chernarus in the Arrowhead AAN map...

I agree with Cotala. Maybe make whatever nation is bordered to Chernarus other than Takistan.

Really cool idea though.