Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

[COOP/SP36] Hornet's nest [free roam/sandbox Chernarus]

I agree that x/y number of soldiers would be dumb, that was the concept in Mercs2 as I remember. However, as you said player has to be rewarded for capturing or eliminating some VIP or HVT -- high value shouldn't be about requisition points, but about importance.

I have to work around this randomization of targets. Yet some general should (?) be somewhere around, so you don't have to look for him on the opposite side of the map (there were many titles like: "Where the hell is Lopotev? (possible spoilers)").

So be it --- requisition points!

Thanx guys. Some of these things you wrote will be implemented in the WICT manual in the chapter HVT.

P.S. Weapons are actually on the sale from door to door in almost every country.... Even bigger than tanks...

P.S. 2 Yes player will be elite force -- and Velocity use EDIT button - I've got two posts here.

General question - do you intend to implement these features (like requesition point system) in WICT? I'm asking this because in my opinion it would be awesome - simply think of the possibilities!

Yes they will be part of the WICT. Any mission with F2 COIN enabled will be able to use them.

cannot wait to try this out ^^

awesome WICT & mission^^

I doubt that release will be today, but I hope it will be in a next few days.

Cheers

Take your time - I would prefer a better mission than shorter development ;)

+ 1, btw was only joking about if it would be ready today. just looking forward to this release :)

Four High Value Targets for you to hunt down:

• If you aim on the target he will stand still and raise hands. If you are skilled enough you can shoot him in legs and after you move your aim away he will lie down with face to the ground -- that way you don't have to worry about him shooting around. Approach him to verify target and to claim your reward.

Capturing: 2500 requisition points.

Dead: 500 requisition points.

(for example)

Again thanks for the hard work. What about spoils of war (rewards), as you have probabilities of spawning and what spawns already.

You could you not use the same concept once you take a base or town you get a reward and the probabilities of what you get could be anything.

Up to the creator and it is random. As a player what ever reward I had to work for would not just be taken for granted even if it was for a better weapon.

I hope I am making sense. :)

If I understood correctly you are talking about random rewards. I prefer players choice over reward and requisition point system, so player can choose what to "buy" and to calculate "the cost".

OK maybe more on the random side of not knowing what requisition points or if it is possible randomly what as to be done to get the points. Players can still choose what to "buy" and to calculate "the cost".

Is there a way I can change the title of the thread (the one that will appear in the search)?

If not, should I make a new thread or use this one? Many people have seen it so far, maybe I can just upload mission when finished and add title to the first post...

Wohoo! Hopefully tomorrow I 'll have some time to play a bit. I've just checked it quick, and it seems great.

To play SP I copy into MP and start with one non-AI player via LAN, right? Will saves work okay this way?

Can you give us some brief hints on how the different radio options work? (what is transport&supplies / transport, what is resync coin, what is +1 HALO)

I will figure it out eventually, but if it is not that complicated and IF you have some time... :)

And last but not least: You have to make a story!! A background story or something in the briefing. This current setup is not worthy for this gem! And this is an order, not a request!! :)

You can use mine from my mission if you like it, or something, but please, please: it is needed for the real atmosphere. I know it may be not a priority, but IMHO it can determine the whole feeling. I need to know why I am figthing. :)

Edited by zapat

yes, SP is started like MP, save will work and you have a radio call for save (only as a leader of the first team)

transport & supplies = chopper pick up and airplane drop

resync coin = after player is respawned or revived he needs manually to resync with construction module

+1 HALO adds one halo jump to action menu

do I have to make a story? com'on you play a little bit and tell me the story.... :) I am not good with stories like you....

yes sir, enjoying !

having updated to 3.5 and running hornet's nest, no errors so far, everything's running fine :)

it's like: here you are, soldier, do or die - "open world" re-invented

thx for this great work, A2H & Co, you have my deepest respect for all you establish and share with community.

EDIT: I've put "hornet....pbo" into \missions\ and run it as a normal sp-mission from scenario-menue, works good. Another copy of "hornet...pbo" I've put into \MPMissions\, in case of playing via LAN/I-net

Edited by langgis08

I've put "hornet....pbo" into \missions\ and run it as a normal sp-mission from scenario-menue, works good. Another copy of "hornet...pbo" I've put into \MPMissions\, in case of playing via LAN/I-net

Do not do that! You need to disable AI-teams that you are not playing in SP and you will need probably respawn point during gameplay.

Install it in MP and start it as LAN host as only player and disable all AI that you don't want -- mainly other AI-teams. If you don't disable them (3 teams are starting on different locations) WICT won't be able to work correctly.

Just a quick go at this, think its great cant wait to play properly tonight. Well done and thank you for for your time to make such a beast :D

I could play another half hour, I can't wait for an at least 2 hour run...

This is getting exciting... :) :)

A2H: I was kinda kidding with the story. I still think , that such a great mission deserves a background... :)

My remarks so far:

-the spawning of the transport vehicle via Radio is way too obvious and it took me out of the war athmosphere...

-the respawn of my squad is a bit too fast too. They die, and in the same exact moment they live again somewhere. It is always 12 people, but I couldn't follow what was happening with wom and where: I miss the knighthawk reinforcements believeability a bit here.

+-you have lots of secOps, probably a bit too often (I dont know if its a con or pro)

+it is very fluent, the engine is superb for such a mission. the spawning points are not obvious, so the whole battle is believable.

@ zapat well I will think about the story, I just have to find time to make one :D

-- spawning of transport is obvious but it is leader's call... I thought it would be pointless to spawn a vehicle "1km away", yet it should be available for "Game Master" to decide. So this compromise gives GM opportunity to spawn transport quickly and "on-the-spot", and regarding it is obvious players can immerse in their roles and decide to play the game from vehicles, not by foot. Therefore this part of the game ---- and it is the same situation with HALO jumps ---- is completely on GM.

-- they die and they respawn??? I don't think so. Norrin's revive script should be working ok, I will check that when I get home. "Dead" player will report position and maybe you confused that with respawn --- he will wait unconscious for 60 sec for revive and after that he will respawn --- if you are running MP!!! If you are running from SP folder respawn is not working --- one more reason why I said this should be run from MP, if you are playing as COOP or SP, either way.

- I can tweak that -- SecOps are on 2 min with probability of 60%. But only attack and defend. All other SecOp missions are connected with specific point on the map and you can trigger them only once!!!

-- yes I put some effort to make it fluent and I am glad you confirmed that

@ LockJaw-65- thanx for confirmation :D

-the spawning of the transport vehicle via Radio is way too obvious and it took me out of the war athmosphere...

-the respawn of my squad is a bit too fast too. They die, and in the same exact moment they live again somewhere. It is always 12 people, but I couldn't follow what was happening with wom and where: I miss the knighthawk reinforcements believeability a bit here.

100 % agree!

1) Maybe you could spawn a truck with a ai-driver within a certain radius around the player, who drives towards the player after spawn.

2) Knighthawk reinforcements were much better, I don't like this kind of respawn. It remembered me of the game lemmings - they respawn, walk towards a point, die, respawn, walk toward a point, die, respawn, ... Furthermore I miss the normal first aid system (like dragging people arround, healing them the "normal" way) - there should be an option available for this!

Is there no way to remove Norrin's revive script for singeplayer purposes? You could at least provide the player with an option whether to chose the revive script or the advanced first aid system supported by the game.

In addition:

In order to support the immersion you should create somekind of boat (locked!) at the start point - I doubt the soldiers had swum all the way to the start point before attacking the main land!

I also noticed a game engine related problem - as there's always action around (which is of course the main feature of WICT) AI players always move slowly from cover to cover. As a matter of this fact the player's group always gets seperated because the AI players aren't able to catch up, especially after they respawn some distance away.

The performance was great - it ran smoothly during my whole session!

Edited by Velocity

What are you people playing?? I will definitely have to check everything when I get home...

The Norrin's revive script is on! There should be no

they respawn, walk towards a point, die, respawn, walk toward a point, die, respawn

And in Norrin's script there is dragging and healing and bandages, bleeding...

What I experienced is that sometimes there is a problem with exporting missions and addons, maybe it is the same this time.

Normal aid system cannot work with Norrin's revive... And I had to make it like this since this is mainly COOP. As I said I will check if there is a problem, but --- I found Norrin's revive more believable since it makes AI work during SP in COOP manner -- they will toss a smoke grande, come to heal you etc.

Truck with AI driver is somehow slow option. I really wanted an instant option. There are vehicles in some parts of the map and there is also HALO. Besides there is pickup with chopper.

Knighthawk reinforcements.... Ok for SP, but for COOP there is not much point... I will try to find a solution.

Problem with AI staying behind is not WICT's problem, however it can be solved in some way if you order your units Safe behavior (radio 7-4). Therefore, they won't (shouldn't) pay attention to the enemy, but their formation will be column. You can get them back to Aware (7-3) and they will spend less time in cover.