Sign in to follow this  
norrin

Chopper/aerial taxi script

I put this in my test mission and it worked magnificently. Then I did a few small changes (like set GroupId and naming units and other smaller stuff), which for some reason broke the script, it hasn't been working since. I run the game with the script error reporting and it doesn't report anything. As if, for some reason the script just won't initialize.

I find this script one of the most well thought, best performed things that one can add to missions.

I've added this script to my squad server missions and it's a blast. I found that sometimes it fails to initialize, but I have solved this by creating a radio trigger that calls again the sqf and things get back to normal.

There is only one thing that bothers me about this script.

The action added to call helo extraction appears always and it has become a bit of a nuisance, as sometimes, in a rush, one or another activates it by accident, for example, trying to close a door, and the next mouse click on the map will bring the chopper to that destination, no matter what. Even if the area is hot. There is no way to cancel the mission or call the chopper back.

I've tried to put the action in the comms/custom menu following the advises in this post i found , I think that having the call for helo extraction in that menu makes more sense than having the call permanently hovering in the actions list. as activating it cannot be by accident and needs a deliberate series of actions. Although I suceeded in making the request appear where I wanted, modifying file addExAction.sqf (fn folder) I am out of the water in scripting and evidently broke the thing, the script would no longer work. I had to delete and install the vanilla script again.

Could anybody (or perhaps Norrin himself?), please, let me know precisely (and please, explain it to me as if I were a four year old kid) what needs to be done to move the call for helo extraction to the comms menu... without breaking anything else?

Edited by CC_Kronus

Ummm it says "Script scripts/heloGoTo/heloGoTo_init.sqf not found" after I load my mission in the editor

I don't know if this came up previously in the thread and I apologize for not going through all 18 pages for it. I have exactly 3 hours per day off and every minute is precious.

Anyway, I noticed that at one point in mission creating this script simply stops working. I love it, it's excellent. While it works. It may have something to do with there being too many objects put into the editor that disable it or too many other scripts, I don't know. BUT I do know that from a certain point in mission building on I no longer get the "call extraction" option in my scroll menu.

Has anyone else noticed this and is there a way to fix it without deleting all the stuff I put in?

Thanks!

I don't know if this came up previously in the thread and I apologize for not going through all 18 pages for it. I have exactly 3 hours per day off and every minute is precious.

Anyway, I noticed that at one point in mission creating this script simply stops working. I love it, it's excellent. While it works. It may have something to do with there being too many objects put into the editor that disable it or too many other scripts, I don't know. BUT I do know that from a certain point in mission building on I no longer get the "call extraction" option in my scroll menu.

Has anyone else noticed this and is there a way to fix it without deleting all the stuff I put in?

Thanks!

yep, it happens to me too. At some point the script stops working and no longer get the action to call the chopper.

Additionally I've found something else. If the helicopter is destroyed, it is spawned, but then the when the crew is spawned, before moving them into their crew position, the crew is spawned directly at the chopper location, some of them literally inside the chopper, and those crew get killed. (as if you spawn somebody inside a wall). When respawning a marker should be placed near the chopper to spawn the crew safely there, and then move the crew into the chopper.

yep, it happens to me too. At some point the script stops working and no longer get the action to call the chopper.

Used your way of a work-around by putting a repeatable trigger on the map, it works now, thanks! Hopefully the pilot AI will be better in A3 cause those stupid pilots keep crashing into Takistan's mountains just when I think they'd cleared them. :(

I have a problem, I am trying to use it for the Arma 3 Alpha, it seems to work great for RTB but when I set a destination the pilot starts to fly to the left edge of the map no matter where I place the destination. other than that this is an awesome script.

Edited by OV3RJ0RD

The script Don't work now?? i Schurch same for mp mission