Sign in to follow this  
norrin

Chopper/aerial taxi script

And what's the difference between this, and the one that ships with the game?

Good point. Further testing revealed my very overly optimistic opinion was dead wrong. Just a one-off with the MH-6J. CH-47 and all else flies like a clown! :(

Open the editor, Place a heli down group him to you and jump on board and see if you can get the pilot to drop you off somewhere and return back to base, and then pick you up and return back to base... landing at each destination.

,...managed to get the group in the CH-47 and to a destination, but as an option,unable to call for an extraction, I am typing the exact words = "Broadsword setVariable ["NORRN_taxiHeli", slick1, true];" in the init section within the game, is this correct, still unable to see the heli coming???

steve:confused:

Open the editor, Place a heli down group him to you and jump on board and see if you can get the pilot to drop you off somewhere and return back to base, and then pick you up and return back to base... landing at each destination.

I do that a lot. And I meant, what's the difference between this, and the transport support available through the SecOp module in the game?

,...managed to get the group in the CH-47 and to a destination, but as an option,unable to call for an extraction, I am typing the exact words = "Broadsword setVariable ["NORRN_taxiHeli", slick1, true];" in the init section within the game, is this correct, still unable to see the heli coming???

steve:confused:

player is the name of a variable there's no need to change it.

player setVariable ["NORRN_taxiHeli", slick1, true];

is what you should have inside of your init.sqf, slick1 being the name you assigned to your chopper in the editor.

---------- Post added at 01:06 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

Ok I managed to fix it. Pilot no longer has to disembark and stuff. The chopper lands nicely.

Basically I modified three files: Land_destination.sqf, RTB.sqf, Extraction_destination.sqf

Instead of a doMove towards the target heliH I create a waypoint with a TR UNLOAD or LOAD action. When the chopper arrives I do a doStop heli and heli land "LAND" action.

Anyway to make a long story short, just overwrite the above three files with the files from this rar file www.dikkeduif.be/arma2/heloGoTo_fix.rar

Nice fix although it seems there is still a bug.

When I first call the chopper at the begining of the mission, ( I'm using player setVariable ["NORRN_taxiHeli", slick1, true]; ) everything works fine.

Then if I click on "Return to base" the chopper will head back to base, land and then sometimes one or more crew members will get out and never get back inside, the pilot will get out and get in, and I won't have the "Call chopper extraction" action anymore. :eek:

I will be able to get inside the chopper and choose the "Set chopper destination" action though.

Could you please investigate on this?

Thanks!

Then if I click on "Return to base" the chopper will head back to base, land and then sometimes one or more crew members will get out and never get back inside, the pilot will get out and get in, and I won't have the "Call chopper extraction" action anymore. :eek:

I will be able to get inside the chopper and choose the "Set chopper destination" action though.

Shinz - at the moment you are describing how the script is designed to work - whats the point in having the extraction action when you are at base?

If you use the chopper to take you somewhere else then once you've landed the extraction option should re-appear.

I am planning on updating this script, as there are a few extra options I want to add, but at present the chopper behaviour is in flux due to the latest patch (1.55) and there is little point in updating the full script until the chopper behaviour is fixed, which will hopefully happen in the next patch that will come with the soon to be released PMC addOn.

The war is long - so please be patient.

norrin

Wow thanks a lot for this quick reply! ;)

Since I'm using this script on a domination, this is why I would like to have the call chopper extraction still available after landing at base :

Imagine I'm using the HALO jump feature to quickly go to the first side mission then, when everything is done there, I'm calling in the chopper for an evac and I return to base.

For the next side mission I will just not be able to get an evac if I previously went there "on my own".

Glad to hear you're also going to add a few more features to this script.

Thanks for the info!

Hi Norrin,

I am having a little issue with this script, it all workls like a charm but if I die and respawn I no longer get the option to call for evac. I am using your revive scriptin MP.

I have it all set in the Init , as it works before I respawn.

Thanks

Hi psvialli

I had a similar issue after revive or spawning, setting NORRNCustomExecs 1 and 3 sorted it for me.

something like this bird1 being the name of the chopper

NORRNCustomExec1 ="""NORRN_taxiHeli"", bird1, true]";

// Exec1 occurs following being revived

NORRNCustomExec3 ="""NORRN_taxiHeli"", bird11, true]";

// Exec3 occurs when you spawn at base

best wishes mate

I do that a lot. And I meant, what's the difference between this, and the transport support available through the SecOp module in the game?

When the heli crashes (it will) in secops then thats it, the transport option is gone for good, it gets stuck on transport: active... also this gives you a lot more control over the heli

I am planning on updating this script, as there are a few extra options I want to add, but at present the chopper behaviour is in flux due to the latest patch (1.55) and there is little point in updating the full script until the chopper behaviour is fixed, which will hopefully happen in the next patch that will come with the soon to be released PMC addOn.

The war is long - so please be patient.

norrin

Thats great news, Cheers Norrin...

Hi psvialli

I had a similar issue after revive or spawning, setting NORRNCustomExecs 1 and 3 sorted it for me.

something like this bird1 being the name of the chopper

NORRNCustomExec1 ="""NORRN_taxiHeli"", bird1, true]";

// Exec1 occurs following being revived

NORRNCustomExec3 ="""NORRN_taxiHeli"", bird11, true]";

// Exec3 occurs when you spawn at base

best wishes mate

hey i am having same problem but i have no idea how to use what u said here could u help me to fix this problem any help will be great

Try copy/paste this to proper section of your revive_init:

NORRNCustomExec1 ="execVM ""scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf"";"; // Exec1 occurs following being revived

NORRNCustomExec2 =""; // Exec2 occurs when you team kill

NORRNCustomExec3 ="execVM ""scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf"";"; // Exec3 occurs when you spawn at base

Fair warning, I've only tested this on my own computer. I don't have a dedicated server, or access to one.

How to enable calling the heli after a trigger kicks in?

What I'm doing is remove (or comment out) the lines in the init, and don't put it on the heli either. Instead, make your trigger, and put it all on the activation field.

null = [slick1] execVM "scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf"; s1 setVariable ["NORRN_taxiHeli", slick1, true];

What I'm still testing/figuring out, is combining all of the above. I'd like to have it work only after trigger activated, but still in combination with revive/respawn. So if I die before trigger activated it's not available, but every time I die after trigger is activated it remains with me. It might be fine as is, but still testing. Minor issue I've seen so far is that if I get revived before trigger activated, I get a hint that says extraction added, even though it's not available on my action menu yet. Still tweaking.

(same disclaimer about dedi servers, I just play listen server with a friend).

Edited by R.Flagg

@psvialli - sorry mate that its taken me so long to respond

your revive_init.sqf should look like this:

NORRNCustomExec1 ="[slick1] execVM ""scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf"";"; // Exec1 occurs following being revived
NORRNCustomExec3 ="[slick1] execVM ""scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf"";"; // Exec3 occurs when you spawn at base 

where slick1 is the name of the chopper

@Flagg - thanks for posting a solution mate - for the problem you're having with the trigger you could do something like this:

In the init.sqf create a global variable and set it to false, eg

ChopperTaxiAdded = false; 

Then when your trigger condition is satisfied and it adds the Taxi scripts make sure it also sets the global variable true as part of its On Act code, eg

ChopperTaxiAdded = true; 

Then in your revive_init.sqf put this:

NORRNCustomExec1 ="if (ChopperTaxiAdded) then {[slick1] execVM ""scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf""};"; // Exec1 occurs following being revived
NORRNCustomExec3 ="if (ChopperTaxiAdded) then {[slick1] execVM ""scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf""};"; // Exec3 occurs when you spawn at base 

Good luck with it.

norrin

@psvialli - sorry mate that its taken me so long to respond

your revive_init.sqf should look like this:

NORRNCustomExec1 ="[slick1] execVM ""scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf"";"; // Exec1 occurs following being revived
NORRNCustomExec3 ="[slick1] execVM ""scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf"";"; // Exec3 occurs when you spawn at base 

where slick1 is the name of the chopper

Adding this to the init sqf did not work for me were do i add it mine looks like this

// init.sqf

[slick1] execVM "scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf";

// For extraction action at start-up

player setVariable ["NORRN_taxiHeli", slick1, true];

//NORRN_aerialTaxiRespawnOff = true;

NORRN_noAerialTaxiAtStart = true;

respawn= "BASE";

respawndelay= 10;

i am a noob just starting with the editor so any help will be great

You need to open up "revive_init .sqf" and look at the bottom of that file and add it in there

Take it out of your ini.sqf as it should not be there only

////////////////////Heli Extraction for s1 /////////////////////////////////

s1 setVariable ["NORRN_taxiHeli", slick1, true];

Hope that helps and you get it to work

You need to open up "revive_init .sqf" and look at the bottom of that file and add it in there

Take it out of your ini.sqf as it should not be there only

////////////////////Heli Extraction for s1 /////////////////////////////////

s1 setVariable ["NORRN_taxiHeli", slick1, true];

Hope that helps and you get it to work

thank u very much for the reply as i said i am new so forgive me if this is a dumb question but were do i find the revive_init .sqf do i need to make one for this to work ??

Are you using the Norrin Revive script ? to respawn ? if not download it here..

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74396

Then change the revive_init .sqf as above.

Hope that helps

hi thanks again for the reply i just went back and re read last few post and i am not using the revive script very sorry to wast your time but do u know away to get the chopper option back again without using the revive script

Hi norrin,

NORRNCustomExec1 ="[slick1] execVM ""scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf"";";

Is there a way to limit it back to 1 player i.e "s1" like when it starts as everyone gets it when i use the above

Thanks

Edited by psvialli

psvialli, I'm not seeing the same thing on my local testing. I only have it for s1. Perhaps we're doing something different?

(if you're seeing this on a dedi server test, please disregard, I only play/test on a listen or alone).

norrin, I'm wondering if you would consider adding the ability to either call for extraction, or simply call for an ammo drop? If you feel that's beyond the scope of this script I understand, just thought I'd ask.

(I read somewhere that you previously coded a ammo drop type of script, but I've searched a lot and haven't found it)