Sign in to follow this  
stilton

BAF: Merlin Transport Mission.

I just wanted to say.. Bravo, and thanks.

Not only has this mission been long needed.. (for those of us who enjoy ferrying troops in) but its entertaining (kudos on the voice acting for immersion) and well designed..

(i got shot and almost run out of fuel near the last drop but someone has been clever enough to put the fuel-truck at H ;) ) and it even leads onto a second mission.

Thanks a lot for the quality of not only the BAF campaign but also these small scenario missions.

Just wanted to give my 2p, the BAF campaign/scenario quality is really nice, imo.

Seems to have a few random tasks each time it's played. Very well designed and have high replay value.

Anymore coming our way for this sort of scenarios? dynamic campaign... maybe something like Enemy engaged?? Would be awesome to have this sort of helo campaign or missions.

just wish it went on for ever.

It does ! The actual tasks are changing each time (just like a secop module).

Granted, it's always similar, but the order and location of each new wayoint is random !

Play it again, it will be slightly different.

Yes enjoyed this mission.. Although I was only fired on once, and that was when I came up a little to high on one of the hills, the rest of the time I was doing nap of the earth flying in between the valleys to avoid the AA threat.

It also made me use my map and plan in advance exactly how I could get to my LZ without exposing the aircraft.. great stuff!

I thought this mission was great too. I thought I would be clever and use a deep valley to mask myself from an AA gun near the village LZ only to find a guy with a Stinger waiting for me at the end just like they would in real life!

I enjoyed this mission also and have replayed it several times. It reminds me of a similar mission (that I can't find anymore), you flew 3 different choppers, that was either for OFP or Arma...

i wish someone made a campaign like this, maybe with all the new birds. love playing these missions the most!

I completely agree with everyone here.

Its funny becuase only a month or so I was asking about Heli missions, and also posting in the editing section how to setup simple pick up and drop off scripts ... the more I looked the more I just couldnt find what i was after (and suprised me how much there realy isnt about in the community ref Heli based missions).

Then BAF drops and this very mission was the carbon copy of EXACTLY what I wanted and so far off me trying to even contemplate creating. I wanted it for using controller to learn to fly better ... this was the answer.

I also agree a secop module for Choppers etc would be a real nice feature.

I would like to see this mission expanded so it covers different vehicles with some different scenarios, this is definately the template that sets the standard :)

BIS .. everytime you introduce a new rotory vehicle or packs of them ... make a open ended mission like this for it on release.

Edited by mrcash2009

Have to agree with everyone, great mission.

Anyone care to translate what the Czechs spec ops dudes say? All i know they wanted beers :)

I concur, I love the Merlin and was pleased to see dedicated missions for it. :)

I was pleased for this mission, it gave me the chance to have a good bit of practice for online coop in the future and completing it gave me the confidence to try being a taxier of troops in coop missions

Have to agree with everyone, great mission.

Anyone care to translate what the Czechs spec ops dudes say? All i know they wanted beers :)

I'd be interested in that too ;)

It's not only the missions wich differ it's also the length (the tasks you get are all of different length) I noticed. Last time I played for nearly half an hour before it ended :)

Edited by Derbysieger

It IS a good mission, my only disappointment is that all the crew but the pilot are missing! As is the port door M3M, the rear ramp GPMG and the sensor pod from the chin!

I also enjoyed this mission very much!

Unfortunally I can't seem to open (extract) it in order to know how BIS made it. Is there a way to extract or have this mission in a openable (by the editor) version??

Thanks in advance...

didnt know :)

and there isnt another tool to bypass that ??

Yes, I would also like to know if there's a tool to open BAF .pbo files?