Sign in to follow this  
cscuk

Lets do bad review of ArmA II

Uh... yeah. What hardware do you have and what kind of framerates do you get?

Intel quadcore 3GHz, 8Gb RAM DDR3 clocked at 1333MHz for system stability,

nVidia 8800GTS, nVidia 790i Ultra motherboard. In game frame rates look OK but I don't know how to get an objective frame rate measurement. The intro screen though with the Khe San is a bit jerky & sometimes in game frame rate will noticeably slow, but that so far is rare.

Quite funny tread this.

You maybe should by the game intead of using an pirated copy.

Quite funny tread this.

You maybe should by the game intead of using an pirated copy.

You mean FADE anti-piracy protection.

Well, it is not a problem so far on the downloaded firing range, but of course I bought online from a proper authorised place. FADE cuts in gradually but I have always had shooting problems. The problems have not got worse over time.

I have my authentication key on back of game manual, wouldn't I have entered that during ArmA II installation?

View distance is 10,000.

Object detail is very high.

Resolution is 1920x1080x32.

3D resolution is 1920x1080.

On an 8800gts... :icon_dj:

Hey, where did you buy ArmA 2 from anyway? BitTorrent? :638:

but of course I bought online from a proper authorised place.
I have my authentication key on back of game manual, wouldn't I have entered that during ArmA II installation?

Would you?

Edited by Dead3yez

This topic is very entertaining. At least, this guy knows how to make it last a long time without being closed :blahblah2:

8Gb RAM DDR3 clocked at 1333MHz for system stability
I don't know how to get an objective frame rate measurement.

Luckely you know how to make things run stable.........

nVidia 8800GTS

This with your settings FPDR

So let me get this right, you start a thread based on a negative of the entire game becuase it doesn't suite your needs based on a controller and control method that is lets face it hardly the norm and most certainly not how this game was designed for, even BIS would state this if they could.

So right away its a totally biased and incorrect "review" ... its actually a game slating rant based on the fact you want it to run right under conditions that its not designed for in the grand scheme of PC controlling and simulation style.

And now your defending this based on a copy of the game that you admit has FADE which can only mean its cracked or a dodgy install copy, nice.

I think he's just saying he's aware of what FADE does, not that he has an illegal copy.

Still, i'm with Jelliz on this one. popcornsmilie.gif

OK ... I misread that section.

Then again if nothing else this thread should be scrapped and the OP start again in the problems section about controller issues (even though I doubt he has much ground to be helped on such a odd way of working). Instead of holding onto some kind of self styled & self-justified "review" with his controller, which is purely based on a negative game rant and completely biased with a negative thread subject title to complete the package.

It should be a thread in the troubleshooting section called:

"(name) Joystick as infantry - some help?" ... maybe?

Edited by mrcash2009

by MadDogX

I'm surprised that it works at all. Being a mouse+keyboard lover, I don't even understand how people can play a game like Arma2 with a game pad... but with a joystick?

Seriously, and this is just my humble opinion here, but you should have spent that "long & painful process" getting used to playing with a mouse and keyboard, instead of a joystick. At least where infantry is concerned.

Dude you took the words right out of my mouth.

I dont know of any simpler, easier way to use keyboard and mouse.

I use keyboard and mouse for everything, and so used to it. I had the same control configuration since the day

OFP came out. Of course more controls have been added to the game since then but none the less its like a 2nd nature to use it.

I really cannot fathom useing a joystick trying to control sensitve infantry movements,

like peaking around corners, slow walking.

Simple is best. But whatever works for you.

This is so glitched it is beyond belief.

I agree this thread is glitched beyond belief, can't see the point of it. BTW you're welcome to Email me your proof of purchase/ownership if you'd like to clear up that misunderstanding: Placebo@bistudio.com