reyhard

WWII MP Released!

@Zulu - It's not like that, there is almost nothing left from orginals addons configs and that was whole behind this project - to make all those units unified.

tanks weapons & ammo are defined in jc_panzer4_cfg.pbo

infantry, small arms & misc thing - inv_demo_data.pbo

air - i44_air_cfg.pbo

cars - i44_car_cfg.pbo

sea vehicles - i44_sea_cfg.pbo

look for something like cfgAmmo.hpp or cfgWeapons.hpp and open it with notepad

I used cpbo to pack things up so it's the best way to unpack things.

@abrun4 - it looks like you are using some third party addons. Use my wwII pack with clean ofp and I guarantee it will be working then.

I've extracted and found names of ammo used by flak 88,but it wont explode when it hits the ground!

which flak? Artillery or AT version? both version use scripts to create explosion effects.

I just like those explosion effects,it doesnt have to be from flak,it can be grenade...i just want it to make that explosion(dirt,shrapnels,smoke) like in ECP!

You want to AP rounds explode when contacting to the ground?

Or you want to HE rounds to explode like in normal OFP?

I asked you about that because effects from flak (and other artillery units) differs from vehicle effects and from grenades effects.

grenade effects are made by Kyle Sarnik (bd_grenades.pbo) and tank effects are mainly based on I44 work from 2.5 release. Artillery effects are made by my.

It's rather impossible for me how to make this because I haven't been messing with that for about half year now. And beside that, those effects are not so easy to implement in simple mission.

hope that's enough for you.

Hey guys , i have a problem with the german tanks crew,when i leave a tank or spawn the crew by them selfs, they get stuck half way into the ground and they are unable to move. i have no idea what could be causing the problem maybe a broken animation..??? will put a picture up if you dont know what i'm talking about.

Cannot load german face textures, they are all messed up... is there a fil or stg else?

@abrun4 - are you using some additional mods?

@Matteo1944 - how exactly you cannot load german face texs?

lets say: i place german soldier on any map,and another german soldier(me!),i have face textures but other one is messed up(yuo know,those black,grey,green stripes on face,without eyes etc...) i'll give you exact text!

Yer i have some addons atm that weren't included into the mpww2 mod, such as the Italians at war addons and Berlin at war addons

My Target Line : @IOE;@wwiicz;@ww2ec;@AIA_MEN;@WW2_MP

ill put a picture up of the problem.

so the problem is your target line I think. See if problems occurs without all those mods.

@Matteo1944 - screenshots will be very helpful in this case so I'm eagerly waiting for them.

I have been done some test with penetration values but I can't find some logic into the scripts by Jean Christophe at the armour values.

By far, I think that the Tiger/Panther armour is too thick, or the soviet cannons are underpowered, because the 85mm of the T34 can't penetrate the sides and back of a Tiger/Panther even at point black range

Same happens when using the T34/76 at the back of a Tiger/Panther, and taking in account that the AI itself aim's at the turret of the tank and not to the body of it (it don't recognizes weak aimpoints like an human could do)

Interestingly though, the SU-85 (however, with a little of lucky, sometimes you need 3 hits at the back part to knock out one) have better penetration on a Tiger/Panther using the same cannon that the T34/85 uses (The D5T)

I know that it's somewhat detallistic, but the Panthers/Tigers feel a little too powerfull in the current status, and can only be killed by an IS-2 (it's very well done in armour/penetration values of the mod by the way), and I'm not complaining or demanding something, I was just saying, maybe I will try to fix it in someway from JC_panzer4_cfg.pbo.

could you add marfy's work (like king tiger,tiger,jagdtiger etc) in the future patch??

i try it with other mods unofficial 2.7 I44 .. it's worked in some but there are no sounds at all...maybe you can make this also compatible with that mod... anyway thanks a lot for this mod..love it !!

:)

Edited by wiekniera

Someone interested on a patch to balance the tanks from the mod? some german tanks seems too powerfull, specially some stug and panther variants. I say it because I just realized how the system works and how the variables are put for every vehicle, and I wanted to rebalance the armor system using as a basis the combat mission 2 stats (simplified though, since I don't have the BHN for every armor plate of every vehicle)

Also it would be nice to see if I can add some of the tanks from the T-Roc pack to the mod

Comment please.

Edited by NacroxNicke

there're still bug with crew inside tank, when at safe behaviour (when turn out from cupola on panther D)

also hoping this's not final...need more addons into it like jagdtiger and King tiger from Invasion 1944

coz this's the great ww2 mod!!

@NacroxNicke - well, the easiest way to balance tank in game is removing from them certain ammo. I haven't created variants of tanks with diffrent ammo loadout but I just added all possible variants. leaving just ACPR shells for t34 should greatly increase chance to destroy german tanks

@wiekniera - could you describe a little bit more about that crew bug, please?

yes..those bug happen with tank crew

i guess several tanks might still have this bug in custom mission by multiplayer editor, it's when i choose as commander then when i turn out from tank hatch, the other crew where show outside those tank (probably AI gunner), i'll take screenshot soon as now im still in my office

Edited by wiekniera