reyhard

WWII MP Released!

here it is a bug in texture Lib mod, but there are wrong textures, if someone needed to run the server uses this fixed mod, it is only necessary for the server and the game may play with broken texture mod ...

corrected lib mod to create the server:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/15862397/LM.rar/

Any news about the testing Incubus?

sorry not yet, im busy at work.

can do it on next week.

thanks for patience.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

here it is a bug in texture Lib mod, but there are wrong textures, if someone needed to run the server uses this fixed mod, it is only necessary for the server and the game may play with broken texture mod ...

corrected lib mod to create the server:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/15862397/LM.rar/

this is not the libmod thread or i missed something?

Inc,

Part of Rey's mod is based on LibMod. I think cantor is trying to say that the LibMod textures are to blame.

Like you and I both think, the problem is deeper than just textures...?

I want to say that corrected the incorrect textures in the Lib mod, and after that it is now possible to create on the basis of lib mod dedicated server, this is the wrong texture on the refined assembly mod! so that some addons you would come in handy to create a server ...

He said that he did the same as me, he erased/corrected some textures from the WW2MP that caused the Invalid Texture Ratio in dedicated server

What he couldn't explain is that those texture were from the Libmod part of the WW2MP mod :P

So that's the "fix" to play with this mod in dedicated server (I did the same just I erased ALL texture to be very sure that it wouldn't crash)

Anyway, we need to test the mod if it runs okay in missions, because there are some scripts that I don't know if they will work (the Tank scripts mostly)

Ok Nickie,

I put your "NoTexture" patch on my home server. I tried running Reyhard's original un fixed mod. It seems to work with some missions, but others fail to load I guess because of the missing model (magic) problems.

The server has Reyhard's missions and some that ww2weasel made for us. The missions of weasel's that I tried failed, not failed to load but went straight to debriefing...???.

Anyway the server is up and didn't crash.

Look for "Zulu's WW2_MP Test Server", it's password protected to keep the noobs out and from crashing the thing.

password here:

PW: WW2

When I'm at work if it does crash I won't be able to restart it. I've tried to setup auto restart, but I can't turn off Dr.Watson's debug window. :mad:

Edited by Zulu1

i joined to test stuff

not crashin its very good. looks major problem solved.

but some weird things noticed.

i seen the "straight to debriefing section" thing when start some missions.

also tried my 3 selfmade missions for this mod.

weird errors popped up like: missing .paa file or missing nazi.jpg file whats only the flagtexture what i had inserted and mission contains that. :confused:

more tests and changes needed.

Yep, my bad, I deleted some textures related to scripts and not models, so it launch some of those errors

I will try to fix it but i need to look at all the .pbo with scripts and textures to check those problems

The dude that uploaded the LIBMOD Fixed maybe got the real solution to the problem, to install it you need to have a fresh copy (the reyhard one) of ww2mp in the server, and then copy the addons from the libmod that he uploaded to the ww2mp's addon folder, and reemplace

I think that is the solution for now, because I'm a little lazy to check all pbo's again lol, but i will do it anyway if someone needs it later :P

See ya

My bad too...More my bad than yours.

I thought that Nickie patched the whole mod, so that was all that I installed on the server. I wanted to try Reyhards original version for the heck of it. After installing it and seeing all of the files I realized my mistake. So here is what I did.

1.) Installed Reyhards mod and ran server. Tried a couple of missions.

Result: FAILED!...server crashed with aspect ratio error.

2.) Applied NacroxNickie's patch to Reyhard's mod. Tried a couple of missions.

Result: FAILED!...server crashed with aspect ratio error. (strange as patch alone worked?) :confused2:

3.) Last I applied Cantor's patched LibMod files. Tried a few missions.

Result: No crash of server, but other problems back...missing addons, missing model (magic), missing nazi.jpg on Inc's mission.

I only copied the files of Cantor with a date of 3-11-2010 from the addons folder. The whole folder structure in LibMod is way differnt than Rey's WWII_MP mod. He must have combined (merged) a lot of stuff together in his mod structure.

So things work somewhat, but we need to do more work on it. I can do some config work to fix missing model stuff I think.

We need to start a list of all the things we find.

edit: Big thanks to Cantor for his LibMod patch.

Edited by Zulu1
ooops forgot something

heh, My "patch" wasn't a patch really, it was the mod itself without the textures. And some of the pbo's were deleted because there were only textures pbo's

Anyway, with the rar that I sent to you the errors should be gone, but still it needs to be installed in this way:

- @ww2_mp_server extracted without original ww2mp

- and the patch that i sent to you extracted in the addon folder of @ww2_mp_server

The missing model stuff that I saw in the server isn't model at all, it were some numbers textures that were part of some scripts that randomize the output in numbers of some vehicles, to show 231 in numbers for example to the side of the tank, and in other mission show 527.

Ok I'll try to set it up that way, maybe can get it done tonight.

edit: Done, I've installed the first patch and v1.01 patch.

No crashes, but Johns_88 shows as missing addon with several missions. Saw config.cpp\t34...rus error and still get missing model errors...path is to libmod\something...looks like bad config.

I'm trying to setup an ftp portal so you guys can access the server. Once I get past firewall and router issues.

Edited by Zulu1

I'm trying to setup an ftp portal so you guys can access the server.

:yay:

Updates:

Patch updated to v1.03 to server (was patch v1.02).

I found I had some missing addons in my local installation of the mod. Johns_88 no longer an issue?

I ran through some missions and started a trouble shooting list. Thanks to my server log I captured the following:

Missions failed to load:

Mission @ww2_co2-5 NaRatunek.Eden read from bank

-fixed (mission edit) No entry 'config.cpp/CfgVehicles.T34_85RUS3'.

Mission @ww2_co1-4 The_Radio_Tower.Cain read from bank

Error loading ju52\ju52.p3d (Magic)

-located error, need patch for server and client

Mission @ww2_co1-8 Kalina krasnaja.Cain read from bank

-fixed (patch) Picture \csjrowboat\mast.pac not found

Mission @ww2_co1-4 OperationHexenjagd.Intro read from bank

-fixed (patch) Picture \ewd_dinghy\raft_s.paa not found

Mission @ww2_co1-8 operation double cross.avignon read from bank

-fixed (mission edit) Picture \nazi.jpg not found

Mission @ww2_co1-10 W legowisku lwa.Anjou_SE read from bank

Error loading ju52\ju52.p3d (Magic)

-located error, need patch for server and client

Mission @ww2_co1-6 v1_site_raid.anjou_se read from bank

-fixed (mission edit) Picture \nazi.jpg not found

-new texture error, patch v1.04 will correct

Missions load with missing addon error:

Mission @ww2_co1-8 KociakWakcji.Anjou_SE read from bank

-fixed (mission edit) Cannot load mission, missing addons: I44_objects

Misson @ww2_co2-12 Tank nest.Anjou_SE.pbo

-fixed (mission edit) Cannot load mission, missing addons: I44_objects

Mission loaded, but...:

Mission @ww2_co10 no_train_to_leningrad.zastava.pbo

-Laggy

-After 30-60 seconds Local CTD

Mission @ww2_co1-8 operation double cross.avignon.pbo

-AI Artillery fire cause local CTD???

Something that I didn't like when I first tried the mod is that MG fire has white tracers... :( I remember I had this with LibMod but it went away after reinstalling the whole thing.

Edited by Zulu1

hey Z!

nice job!!

i think i can filter the problem(s) in my missions, if i have access to server in near future ;)

cu

A small patch was applied to the server to fix misison: @ww2_co1-8 operation double cross.avignon.pbo.

Not fully tested but it starts now.

A small patch was applied to the server to fix misison: @ww2_co1-8 operation double cross.avignon.pbo.

Not fully tested but it starts now.

on it.

I have to say that i am really enjoying this mod, thank you guys for releasing it :)

I have the new Cold War Assault and I get errors running the Install_win2k_XP.bat. I can see the directory structure is now different in the new version of OfP.

Do I need to run it in the new version, if so can anyone give me a clue how to?

It isn't really necessary anyway, it just install some side-features like a new sky (Modul sky), and new smoke textures (the john's ones), and some stuff that i don't remember

Maybe a new sticky thread that has solutions for installing problematic mods on CWA could be useful?