reyhard

WWII MP Released!

hey Reyhard u lost in space? ;)

i try to set up the public 0-24 test server tomorrow... more info here: www.ofpww2mp.webs.com

and i have got 2 more missions WIP:

Operation: Barbarossa Part 1.

1.JPG

No train to Leningrad

1_no.JPG

Edited by Incubus

Hey Incubus,

I seen that you have a WW2 Mod pack on your website for your WW2 Server, what mods are you playing with?

Liberation Mod 1941, I44?

Hey Incubus,

I seen that you have a WW2 Mod pack on your website for your WW2 Server, what mods are you playing with?

Liberation Mod 1941, I44?

?

its the WWIIMP mod by Reyhard.

see the first post in this thread...

Great bunch of mods,

but WWIIEC? I thought Fab and them closed down, did they release any content, or did they help you guys out for the pack?

Theres not much on the first page being listed other then whats mentioned, Lib and I44.

hell i dont understand u sorry

i have crappy english...

this mod using lot of addons from other old WWII mods yes. i44, Be45, LibMod etc. using WW4anim and integrated ECP effects etc.

best WWIImod ever for MP i think.

yes he asked ALL addonmakers for permissions

lets download it and try. dozens of missions in default Mission pack.

our server will start in next days. feel free to join to us.

regards

I downloaded the mod, and the extras with it, tried the sp and mp missions, and even through together

a few missions in the editor to play around with the stuff, and I got to say Im pretty impressed by the attention to detail.

The voices, the authentic sounds, even the animations for the soldiers, i have to seriously say,

this is pretty stunning to say the least, I mean theres a ton of great stuff here, you guys did an amazing job!

Is there a possiblity to porting this mod over to Arma and or even Arma2 with its animations,

and such, if not no biggie, I mean the mod I have to say really cant be compared to other mods,

other then being on OFP but still for OFP for WW2 I'm ecstatic about this.

Congrats on the great work!

I downloaded the mod, and the extras with it, tried the sp and mp missions, and even through together

a few missions in the editor to play around with the stuff, and I got to say Im pretty impressed by the attention to detail.

The voices, the authentic sounds, even the animations for the soldiers, i have to seriously say,

this is pretty stunning to say the least, I mean theres a ton of great stuff here, you guys did an amazing job!

Is there a possiblity to porting this mod over to Arma and or even Arma2 with its animations,

and such, if not no biggie, I mean the mod I have to say really cant be compared to other mods,

yes agree.

if u ask me Reyhard is a pure genius.

was a nightmare to write that config but he did it.

all things on right places, anims ambience, scripts... well done

best WWIImod ever i say.

i hope i can start the goddamn server today.

i have all files on it but still not work corretly.

Well. A few words from me. Gunther please check this thread before You will have new questions. It was huge battle for me to get all these permissions to this mod. I'm personally very happy that my help (limited) was contributefd to release WWII MP in world forum, not only on polish webs. But I see that You don't understand a few very important aspects so:

-permissions was only for Ofp. Not import to arma I,II,III or XI.

-Mods like I44 has his own Eula. - read this carefully ;)

-I'm not sure cause You probably don't saw credits list.

Thanks for addons included in this pack goes for:

*Battling Bitch

- Military Object Pack, Street Pack and Wooden Bridge

*Trenchfeet

- Me-109, P51, Spitfire, C47

*AWOL Bunkers

- Bunkers, Bridges

*Berlin45 Team

AtStWalker, Burner, ?

- Hetzer, DUKW, 2cm FlaK38, Marder, Libelle, Man Pack,

Pe-2 Petyalkov, V-1, Su-85/100/122 pack, Weapon Pack, FsJ Pack, Flamethrower

*Berghoff

- Nature Packs

*CoC Team

- Artillery

*CSJ

- Quad .50 cal MG, Canoe, kayak, rowboat, Hawker Typhoon, P38, Uboot

*Invasion 44 Team

Copied from there readme

"The Invasion 1944 team and all of it's ex-members who contributed to some

degree to our efforts, and most notably:

Marcel, Jojimbo, Winters, Canukausiuka, Haggy and SFG."

- A lot of things to mention, I44 2.5 Units, Island, Weapons & Vehicles

*Liberation 1941-1945 Team

AND – Mod co-founder, concept developer, 3d, 2d, technical support, design, forum admin, project coordinator.

Bdfy - Unit balancing, config.cpp, SFX, scripts, sounds, missions, manual.

Deadmoroz - 3d.

Dezoom - Animations.

DimaG – Unit balancing, config.cpp, SFX, scripts, sounds, missions, manual.

DUHER – island, missions, campaign.

Dusty - 3d, 2d.

Ingeneer – Mod co-founder, concept developer, 3d, 2d.

LarryTheSniper – Mod co-founder, concept developer, history consultant, storyline.

Lexik – Unit balancing, config.cpp, SFX, scripts, 3d, animations, missions, mod structure.

Loktewaa - Missions, campaign.

Lovesan - island, missions, campaign.

Maxguard – 3d, 2d.

Mikhalich aka SLON – Mod co-founder, concept developer, PR, web-site, head beta tester, missions.

Motostrelok – Mod co-founder, concept developer, history consultant, PR, project coordinator, storyline.

Necros – 3d.

Redfrog – 2d.

Sanek – scripts.

SEA DEMON – 3d, 2d.

Stoppelhopser – Mod co-founder, concept developer, 3d, 2d, animations.

Strinder – 3d, 2d.

Stutzer – 3d, 2d.

Swan - 3d models and fortifications idea

HeniekJ – 3d.

Vimot - Storyline, missions, campaign.

Voyager – scripts.

WebRunner - history consultant.

Zyklon_C - 3d, 2d.

and people who helped them

Steam – 3d models

Kondor - scripts

Shadowdragon - scripts

Cribban - animations

Muzhik – 3d models, animations

Phoenixhero – 3d models

Brat - island.

KBSH - 3d

sandy1942 - 3d

Sanchezzz - 3d

-Weapons, Units, Island, Vehicles & Scripts

*WWIIEC

Motho38, Fab, Darknova, D@nte, BraTTy, Sengir, Sturmtiger, Vibes, T_Roc

-D-Day Pack, British Infantry Pack, Tanks, C47

*Kingtiger

-Citroen U23, Ponton, Ju-87

*FDF Team

-WWII Civilians & Partisants, Hurricane MkI/II

*Jean Christoph

-Panzer Pack 4 & Normandy Island

*John

-FlaK88, Foy Island, Hummel, M-10 Wolverine, sFH-18L, NbWf-41

*Scanger

-Ju-87 Stuka

*spad

-unfinished Fw190, Me110, Me109 E, Ju88 from his iof pack

*MCM44

-bunkers, bridges, ammo crates

*Pacific War Mod

-unfinished ships (CVG, Destroyer, Britosl B-Fighter)

*Scud

-P38, Uboot

*Sanctuary

-Animations

*Kyle Sarnik

- BD Grenade Pack

*Kujer

- Bf-110

*Bn888

-Tracers

*Bigfoot

-Katyusha, Heavy Mortar

*T_Roc

-Large Tank Pack (Panther, Tigers, T-34, aso...), FlaKvierling 38

*SLX

-GL3, GFX, SFX

i apologise if I forget to mention anyone. I really want to thank once again to

everone who made it possible to create such immersive ww2 mod

Special thanks for

*Bielow - for sending all those ziliiiooooons of PMs, asking for permissions

*101st Paratroop - He did for me GuI, a lot of textures (WH, 8th Army, Brit inf, aso)

*Jon, Goose & Others - for extensive MP testing ;)

*Model - he helped me a lot of times with o2/modelling

*Borsuk - Nort France island

It's huge. And they only mentioned makers which Reyhard changed stuff. 3Rd party addons are in separate file. Let's imagine that we have e.g 50 addon makers/mods. It's very likely that some of them may not agree to port their stuff. What if only half of them will agree to port their stuff (To be honest why e.g Liberation 41-45 can agree to port when they release his new mod soon?It's illogical) so Reyhard must changin,deleting etc? I think You should ask him first if he's interested with this proposition. If no things is clear.

-If You are interested to help with convert-(With Reyhard's permission) but I think it's impossible (Eula's etc) let me know. I have all contacts in txt file when I looked addon makers etc. so I can share this with You Gunther.

you guys did an amazing job!

Not we ;) Reyhard. I only get permissions. He's a God :D

Bielow

Edited by Bielow
estetic ;)

For a (linux) dedicated server, which files are required at minimum?

Edited by Mr.Peanut
daisies

Great work from both of you bielow and Reyhard.

I do understand permissions, as I had to get them myself for my mod for Arma and the one for Arma2.

Are you guys doing any updates on the mod, like fixes, or bug hunts or anything, or is the mod complete where you have it?

Problem:

Error loading libmod\lib_models\ptrd_sight.p3d (Magic)

Has to do with ww2mp lib45 soldier with ptrd.

Solution:

Reyhard's missing these in Inv_Demo_data.pbo/cfgmodels

class lib_ptrd41: Weapon {};

class ptrd_sight: Weapon {};

Here is one more model issue I ran into playing the MP missions:

Error Loading ju52\ju52.p3d (Magic)

I also saw these come up as well:

No Entry 'Config.cpp/ConfigVehicles.T34_85RUS3

Can Not Load Mission, Missing Addons: CoC_UnifiedArtilery

Can Not Load Mission, Missing Addons: Nim_Clouds

Can Not Load Mission, Missing Addons:I44_Objects

Edited by Zulu1

thanks guys i have problem when loading in OTK island in editor

Error loading fml_objects\mig_wfence.p3d (Magic)

i sent it to Reyhard

i sby can give any help to make an MP server finally dont hold back.

we have server, we have every files on it, its Linux (lowercaps ok).

but can not start it.

ofp.sh:

#!/bin/bash export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/flashpoint/ofp-server/libs

./server -config=server.cfg -nomap -netlog -mod=@ww2_mp

unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH

edit: when the crew disembark from damaged tank almost ALL TIMES CTD... :=/

i think its the handgun problem what Reyhard knows well.

its very annoying coz if u cannot kill the tank with one shot or blow the crew coming out and use handgun => CTD.

only solution what i found: remove all weapons from crew and add custom (or made custom loadout for tankcrews)

im not sure its axis side only or all...

Edited by Incubus

Trying to install on a ded linux server and getting the following error:

failed to execute: Engedély megtagadva

what u want to install Nut?

Engedély megtagadva means: No permission

@Incubus - As I said, trouble is with handgrenade throwing animations and it's interpolations. Well, I did some nasty things to fix it (came back to bis handgun animations) but as for now I'm sure, the problem is with animations, I'm trying to make any more elegant fix.

@WW2Weasel - The thing is, I didn't know that flashpoint can load thing from mod folders that are not in shortcut. If you have LIBMOD instaled then flashpoint somehow loads those models. Strange thing. I fixed it anyway

@Günter Severloh - Yes, there will be update. I'm pretty busy with music learning and somehow I can't find time to pack whole thing once again with all those fixes I already made and upload them.

@Mr.Peanut - I don't have any idead - I haven't tried hosting ded server on linux

@Incubus - As I said, trouble is with handgrenade throwing animations and it's interpolations. Well, I did some nasty things to fix it (came back to bis handgun animations) but as for now I'm sure, the problem is with animations, I'm trying to make any more elegant fix.

ok good luck

til i remove handgrenades from all crews what im usin on my maps and ill do with urs before upload to server (if ever can start it damnit :mad: :confused:)

regards

PS: just some misc: u noticed the swastika on some SS troops arms showing backwards :)

Edited by Incubus

Great!

I forgot to mention in my previous post and Im not sure if you guys know this but when your in command of a squad,

and you build a trench , and have your Ai dig it (great feature!) once the trench is done, you can click on the ground

in the trench and the AI will go there, but..

If you highlight an AI soldier, and point at a position and tell them to go there, they tell you negitve,

and wont get into the trench position. and this was on the German side, I dont know about the allies.

Hehe, that credit list is like a history of OFP WW2 modding :D

About the porting. When I44 agreed with the inclusion of OFP content into this mod, several restrictions were put on the use. One of the most important ones being that the content is not ported to any other games, including other BIS games. This may or may not change, but that was the decision back then.

Furthermore, if someone were to think about porting the mod to ArmA1 or ArmA2, and reworking the content to ArmA1 or ArmA2 worthy standards (instead of just having OFP-era visuals that look totally out of place in ArmA1/2), they should consider that it took a medium sized team of I44 more than a year to port just a small portion of the content from OFP to ArmA1 for the D-Day project. It would take considerably longer if you were doing all of the work alone, especially seeing how much content this collection has.

This is a nice mod. It is cool to see OFP still alive and have dedicated fans still playing.

I have question though, i always liked the FFUR effects of cloudlets. It creates a lot of smoke from guns and bullet hitting the ground, even though it is not that accurately realistic, it creates an impressive atmosphere. Can you make it so that the bullet hitting grounds creates that kind of effect?

(one thing that still annoys me as like other ww2 mod is the AI shoots dead eye accurate while a real player have hard time compensating the aim,i wish there is a way to lessen the AI accuracy for single player pleasure)

Also do we have a multiplayer server yet? It would be nice to play this in coop. You never know it can attract a lot of people and we can have one of those big organized games like the old days.

-(one thing that still annoys me as like other ww2 mod is the AI shoots dead eye accurate while a real player have hard time compensating the aim,i wish there is a way to lessen the AI accuracy for single player pleasure)-

Relesed in LIBERATION-41-45