Sign in to follow this  
pogoman979

CO16 Insurgency

Hi all

Increase Civilian Clutter

It would be nice to increase the amount of civilian clutter. In order to create a true representation of the background in which an insurgency exists and the more complex factors it represents.

Add the ability to convert AI

And then use this to add the Ability for REDFOR to turn civilians. Via either talking (conversion) or being close to a BLUEFOR collateral damage incident or death of a designated relative (random factor). This then turns them into asset which is represented in game as a spawn/teleport slot (swap the AI civilian for a same dressed Human Avatar) for a REDFOR player to enact an attack then when civilian is disarmed the player can then do the reverse and allow the civilian to return to AI clutter role.

Use an array database to track affected civilians.

Conversion Renewal via converted buildings

It would be nice to convert certain buildings as bases so such then act as a point for converted AI to congregate Via a regular visit schedule, to renew their conversion. This schedule should drop off over time again necessitating the REDFOR players moving the AI to those locations them selves occasionally.

Have conversion set as points per round plus bonuses, rather like money in Valhalla allows you to purchase weapons and vehicles, in this case it allows REDFOR to convert AI clutter.

Conversion should be time affected eg disappear over time. Necessitating renewal by REDFOR

Arrested and sent to prison

Have each AI (and vehicles) who is converted have a Boolean set for a period after being in contact with weapons. To mimic explosives contact testing and or recent witnessing of performing an incident. The human player then cannot swap to another slot until this timer ends.

Have ALL AI be arrestable but have it trigger short period conversion in none converted AI.

Have a Prison. Increase ability to convert according to numbers of innocent eg none converted beyond a certain level in prison, more innocent people you imprison the more conversion points given to REDFOR.

Breaking prisoners out of prison also creates increase in conversion ability as a result of a perception that the REDFOR is winning.

Make it that a REDFOR player who is arrested in the time when weapons are dropped and waiting for the time out for the spawn/teleport back to base, or wounded and captured looses there ability to swap/teleport to a converts position until they can escape.

For BLUEFOR the task then becomes locking up all the REDFOR players.

Humans in prison should have the ability to convert things in their prison in to escape tools/weapons and to dig tunnels and to fully convert any AI who were only temporarily converted by being wrongly imprisoned; so that they have something to do while in prison and do not get bored.

Imprisonment should reduce conversion by a percentage over time. Until the AI is no longer converted it should also reduce REDFOR conversion points nessesitating others Redfor Players transfer conversion equivalent other players keeping the imprisoned Player as a focus point. Buildings in the prison can also be converted alowing them to aid in conversion of the AI.

Basic requirements are two arrays

It should require a simple set of scripts to change two arrays. One is an array for the players conversion ability; you can use a cash script like that in Valhalla to do this. Conversion points are exactly analogous to cash in this case but what they buy is conversion time on AI.

The other array is those in receipt of conversion, Primary key indexed off their entity ID. With additional table entries that track how recently they were last in contact with a REDFOR player and how much conversion was applied to them. Conversion would be factored on residual conversion from last experience using a bell curve for affect.

Since each AI that is converted is tracked by their entity ID being added to the array a tracking script can follow them and give REDFOR a map of converts/agents/teleport locations.

Acts carried out by a player in the guise of a particular AI should boost that AI's conversion.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Task Force Blackjack, with permission from Pogoman, has been continually updating and releasing new versions of Insurgency to be play tested on our servers before release. Some of the things we have added in (release 7.6) are:

• Suicide Bombers
  • VBIED's
  • A Civilian Casualty Penalty System which will turn civilians into insurgents if too many civilians are killed
  • IED emplacers
  • R3F Artillery has been added, as well as forward JTAC scripts for remote CAS and FIST
  • Upon Mission Start, you must wrestle control of the airbase from the insurgency after being dropped in by scripted Chinook (WIP)
  • MANDO Missle (WIP)
  • Mortar Teams that will shoot if you stay in place for too long

Things that are going to be added on next release (7.7) are:

• Increased instances of IED's
  • IED trigger men who can be caught
  • IED detection
  • Harsher punishment for civilian casualties
  • VBIED frequency if unit's are standing still
  • MUCH more!

I would like to extend the invitation to the community to come try it out! I think you will be pleasantly surprised with what we have come up with!

Nice .. could you release it onto a fileshare place too please for those that can't connect ?

Task Force Blackjack, with permission from Pogoman, has been continually updating and releasing new versions of Insurgency to be play tested on our servers before release. Some of the things we have added in (release 7.6) are:

• Suicide Bombers
  • VBIED's
  • A Civilian Casualty Penalty System which will turn civilians into insurgents if too many civilians are killed
  • IED emplacers
  • R3F Artillery has been added, as well as forward JTAC scripts for remote CAS and FIST
  • Upon Mission Start, you must wrestle control of the airbase from the insurgency after being dropped in by scripted Chinook (WIP)
  • MANDO Missle (WIP)
  • Mortar Teams that will shoot if you stay in place for too long

Things that are going to be added on next release (7.7) are:

• Increased instances of IED's
  • IED trigger men who can be caught
  • IED detection
  • Harsher punishment for civilian casualties
  • VBIED frequency if unit's are standing still
  • MUCH more!

I would like to extend the invitation to the community to come try it out! I think you will be pleasantly surprised with what we have come up with!

I tried to play on your server the other night and while it seemed good I just lagged endlessly and got stuck in a chinook. I did see/hear other people complaining about the lag, was it just an unlucky time to join?

Hello, is it chance to make INS mode with Russian unites agains Chechen rebels?

I tried to play on your server the other night and while it seemed good I just lagged endlessly and got stuck in a chinook. I did see/hear other people complaining about the lag, was it just an unlucky time to join?

Yeah, very sorry about that, Jsmuk. We were having some issues with bandwidth settings on the server. It is all fixed now. Please feel free to give it a try again. The Chinook thing is going to be fixed in our next update. It only works half of the time. If you get stuck in the chinook, please just respawn and it will place you at base.

for anyone who wants to help beta test my latest mission (note strictly a beta):

http://www.ausarma.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=721

Do you have a link that doesnt take us to a website that spams us to death in a foreign language? Hard to know what item to click on when there are 20 that send you to a website trying to sell you something in german.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

0.72 official release:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-2874396/Insurgency0.72.rar.html

main changelog:

added takistan versions.

added controllable helicopter

added random start location

added deployable/mobile HQ

moved almost all serverside functions to clientside

changed: intel is now dropped by enemies in a briefcase (ie no more surrendering insurgents).

changed: opfor now choose ai to control and can switch between any opfor ai on the map that isnt within 100m of blufor.

added new parameters:

number of ammo caches

number of blufor respawns

enable/disable insurgency map markers

change ai intensity (number of ai that spawn per player)

and a tonne of other minor tweaks and additions.

Wow your link is total BS sends you to a spamming website that will not close down you hit X and 50 more websites open. Thanks POGOMAN!

Do you have a link that doesnt take us to a website that spams us to death in a foreign language? Hard to know what item to click on when there are 20 that send you to a website trying to sell you something in german.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Wow your link is total BS sends you to a spamming website that will not close down you hit X and 50 more websites open. Thanks POGOMAN!

You must be doing something wrong (or using a rubbish web browser), there's one fake popup which can be closed easily by clicking the X on it and then the download link is quite clear and obvious.

Swedge asked me to have a look at ACE spawning problem so heres the solution:

hey mate, try replacing the getGridPos function in common/functions.sqf with this:

getGridPos = { 	
_pos = getPosATL _this; 
_x = _pos select 0;
_y = _pos select 1;
_x = _x - (_x % 100); 
_y = _y - (_y % 100); 
[_x + 50, _y + 50, 0]
};

i did this awhile ago for a lingor island beta because there were some spawning problems. The reason was because the map in the lingor beta had a messed up grid system so i changed the ai spawning procedure to rely solely on worldpos coords instead of grid coords (should've done it that way from the start) and it fixed it. Never updated it for the other islands though and i think ACE changes the grid system which is why units weren't spawning.

also posted in ACE insurgency thread

Swedge asked me to have a look at ACE spawning problem so heres the solution:

getGridPos = {

_pos = getPosATL _this;

_x = _pos select 0;

_y = _pos select 1;

_x = _x - (_x % 100);

_y = _y - (_y % 100);

[_x + 50, _y + 50, 0]

};

also posted in ACE insurgency thread

Thanks pogoman! :)

firstly, no need to be such a child. Secondly, I think you need to get your PC checked because the first link posted is an australian website with 0 ads on it (I run the site) and the second one has no popus at all on my PC (I use an ad-blocker though).

I believe ocgamer was referring to the following link:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...y0.72.rar.html

Not the actual website www.ausarma.org

www.file-upload.net does indeed have pop-ups and tries to mislead users who just want to easily find the file and click download. I visited this site and got a big ad to DOWNLOAD some FLV file convertor, and the button to actually download the mission was much smaller, and had no mouse-over affects (and directly below the button was also another hyperlink to something else, which again is misleading). That's how they make their cash though, tricking some users into clicking the wrong ads (pay-per-click, etc).

Compared to RapidShare, MegaUpload, etc at least you don't have to wait about 60 seconds to download the file. Maybe just a little disclaimer next to the link for noobs on what button to click :p

Incredible- what a job you done here!

Hard to explain, once a few finer points of insurgency had been explained - had such a great laugh!

Fun to be had by all, and such a feeling of team-work! :yay:

Gratz on being the best mission of 2010 for the community awards!

Well deserved Mr Pogo!

Indeed, a massive achievement up against Warfare and Domination ;)

We just played this mission and loved it, will be hosting this mission for a long time . Very understandable that you have won the 1th price!

Congrads !!

I took a peek at the insurgency mission (v0.72 Zargabad) in the editor and tbh, i was a bit confused... I didn´t see any enemy or enemy vehicle at all... Mi question is, can this mission be played in SP? I saw a gamelogic named "server" and since i have no clue about how MP works, i don´t know if the server is the one responsible for enemy spawning or not... Sorry for the crappy explanation, english isn´t my mother language. Cheers

EDIT: BTW, congrats on 1st price mate!

I voted for this mission. Really happy for you pogoman!

By the way is the latest version still 0.72?

0.75 ... check dev-heaven carlos

Yepp-seems as fireball has taken over the mantel and is doing a very fine job! :cool:

This :- Thread

I am inquiring about the ability to change to units. I dont want to change their names, just simply the uniforms they are wearing possibly to an addon type unit. The main goal is to add a camerman to the spawn selection. 1 with each squad So that live action can be recorded from a free cam perspective, any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Are you planning on doing a version for Clafghan as well? that would be immense and greatly appreciated.

Hope you like the idea :)

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what are the main differences between this mission and Fireball's Insurgency?