Sign in to follow this  
pogoman979

CO16 Insurgency

Like Morgan said, the enemies are too close from the start. We can't even be prepared for the fight.

Edited by Papanowel

Player balancing: kicking players off the server if they choose an unavailable slot.

players only get kicked off if they stack opfor. And even then there are tonnes of warning messages that say they have 30 seconds to join blufor before they will be kicked. As far as i'm concerned thats plenty of warning however it seems most players think they wont be kicked and stay on opfor anyway == their fault.

Trust me, even with so few opfor slots one opfor player can make life hell for the blufor, and from beta testing having too many opfor makes things pretty much impossible for blufor and causes most people to rage quit so the autokicking is there for a reason (since theres no teamswap command).

Raises Champagne glass to that :)

players only get kicked off if they stack opfor. And even then there are tonnes of warning messages that say they have 30 seconds to join blufor before they will be kicked. As far as i'm concerned thats plenty of warning however it seems most players think they wont be kicked and stay on opfor anyway == their fault.

Trust me, even with so few opfor slots one opfor player can make life hell for the blufor, and from beta testing having too many opfor makes things pretty much impossible for blufor and causes most people to rage quit so the autokicking is there for a reason (since theres no teamswap command).

Pogoman,

You should have access to our site now.

I didn`t see any of those warnings to change sides come up ? I`ll check with the guys and get back to you.

I didn`t seem to be able to change any of the parameters on startup ?

Edited by UGLY58

i still dont have permission to view the page linked in your post.

warnings are definately in the code although i admit i dont play opfor much so i dont know for sure but they should be there.

to change the parameters you need to be logged in as admin.

the warnings are showing up on our server as we have enough people complain about them :)

Only thing is some people miss them as they don't tend to pay attention to the hint's or chat

Pogoman,

You should be good now..3 pages and growing daily. We have now played this non-stop for three days.

yeah cheers mate the feedback is very useful. I am completely swamped with uni assignments however until next monday so am unable to make any changes until then. If you guys have any scripters among you feel free to have them edit the mission with any of the desired changes as insurgency probably won't be in my priorities for the next couple of weeks until exams are over. I'll try to get out a quickfix out though next week for all the easy changes hehe.

Very nice and polished mission, I think pretty much the entire community have fallen in love with it... and that's sayin a lot. Good job!

The reason for my post is not only flattery though. From playing your mission I know you have managed to incorporate the First Aid modules (or atleast something similar) into your respawn system. I've been having trouble doing just that for a couple of weeks now and I wonder if you have any pointers to a fellow mission designer.

Cheers Curry

Edited by mrCurry

i found a bug:

Drag with a medic a Soldier. klick during the dragging the revive button than u get a instant revive of this person..

it seems that it work only with the medic on this way

and a feature request:

-give the ability to set inside the server options the grid coloring off

-in the server options give the ability to set longer vehicle spawn times.

-give the ability to remove back spawning on assets.

Hey Pogoman, NICE job, i have to say, that after what i start to play this INS missions, i just dont play other maps :) Im just wana asked you, if its posibble and if u can, put in to maps some CZ-czech units? Offcourse im from Czech Republic and i really wishes to play for my country together with U.K. forces :) if i can ask you and please for it. :) Czech Republic have Helicopter units, field hospital and offcourse some special units to hunt taleban forces....im really missed it. Thank you very much and thanks for your good job.

This is an incredible masterpiece that you have created. Thank you for the dedication and hard work that I know was put into this.. I have created a few missions my self and it is no easy task.

I am trying to figure 1 thing out here though. I am trying to edit the mission a bit just for me and a few friends nothing that would be released publicly, we are tying to use a completely different weapon layout.. Instead of the standard m16's and m4's and what comes in the box.. We want to have the

RH HK416 pack http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11789

Be the weapons that we can use and choose from at the mobile HQ. When I unpbo the mission I can drop the crate, but when you mobilize the HQ it does not load up with the rest of the gear and you leave a beautiful weapons crate in the middle of no where..

If you or anyone here can point me in the right direction to get this working for further enjoyment please let me know..

Thanks again Pogoman. We have spent countless hours going through this game..

hey guys sorry i'm still super busy with uni so probably wont be working on this for awhile. due to a large amount of requests here's a little mission that contains the injured system, respawn system and nametags separate from insurgency.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-2904262/pogoFunctions.Desert_E.pbo.html

note its not documented at all but after a bit of reading it should hopefully make sense. also note that the injured system does not work with ai.

hey. We love the mission.

we play everything with Ace mods but now after some ace updating to ace 410 / acex 282 /acex sm 67 / the enemy doesnt spawn anymore. Just the fixed canons / vehicles are there shooting. No people :(

I was trying this out single player just to see what it is all about. Is the above mentioned red kicking system the reason why i cant play as red alone? Of cource it cant kick me so it just hangs at loading screen. I am assuming this is why?

Also like vega has said, I only saw one dude in town. Is it because of the ace? Would it help if it was edited and the ace modules were added, i didnt see them? Is ace like built into this thing or something?

Sorry for the nub questions, just found this. =p

yep this red kicking is so stupid, after this i let the play my loving INS mod.....

I was trying this out single player just to see what it is all about. Is the above mentioned red kicking system the reason why i cant play as red alone? Of cource it cant kick me so it just hangs at loading screen. I am assuming this is why?

Also like vega has said, I only saw one dude in town. Is it because of the ace? Would it help if it was edited and the ace modules were added, i didnt see them? Is ace like built into this thing or something?

Sorry for the nub questions, just found this. =p

There would be absolutely nothing to do playing red alone. This is a coop blue mission, not a PvP mission. The red slots are there for overflow and added challenge when blue teams are full.

If you get into the pilots seat after taking the UH60 under control you must hit backspace . If you select "get out" when you are glitched you must get out the game.

Will it be possible to add civilians and the civilian cars module sometime? Would make things interesting because you get instant transportation if you've lost your humvee in the middle of town and the ACV module also provides randomly generated cover. :D

Edited by BF2_Trooper

@pogoman

thanks for posting the excellent injured system, respawn system and nametags scripts.

however i have a problem, after respawn i seem to loose my Blufor status ie i cant activate triggers and Opfor units will not engage me. I have played Insurgency many times and have never came across this problem. Everything else is working fine for me.

Any ideas what i could be doing wrong? Many thanks for the wonderful mission

When I play ArmA atm, I play Insurgency. Just wanted to say: Great job pogoman.:yay:

since updating my server to 1.55 the zones no longer turn green when cleared unless i have ai enabled in the mission

Does this mission work on a client? Or will only run on a dedicated server? I'm having trouble getting it to run.