Sign in to follow this  
pogoman979

CO16 Insurgency

Great work PogoMan! Looking forward to trying out the latest version. Been very popular on our server so far, forcing our pubic players to get used to better teamwork/commuications.

~Z~

Great work... this mission is one of the best :)

Possible to get more Opfor players, or am i missing something ?

@cri74 Not yet, this isnt a PvP mission..yet. For now we are just toying with the idea of chucking 4 human OPFOR in to spice it up a bit for the BLUFOR and make it have a more realistic feeling. OPFOR Humans are really just there to harass the other Humans and fire RPGs and plant IEDs oh and a bit of suppresion to make this mission come alive ;)

But between me and you...Takistan looks like a good map for Insurgency right?? hehe shhh tho i didnt leak that info!

But between me and you...Takistan looks like a good map for Insurgency right?? hehe shhh tho i didnt leak that info!

Shhh, yes it does!

Great work PogoMan! Looking forward to trying out the latest version. Been very popular on our server so far, forcing our pubic players to get used to better teamwork/commuications.

~Z~

Was that on purpose? :D

Mmm PvP destroys this mission. The tension is totally gone, everyone is sniping around now. Great. :P

IEDs arent needed at all, you just get shot out of your driver seat.

IMO there are 2 versions needed, MP COOP and PvP, not both of them in 1 version.

as ordeal so subtly said i'll be releasing a takistan version soon and atm i cant see how pvp would work given the map is so huge so the initial release will just be coop. I'll also put out a coop version of the zargabad one too

btw is anyone else having problems with the BAF version because i hopped on a game just then which was running fine with 20+ players.

Edited by pogoman979

Our team played this mission for 6 hours and a half. But we focused on clearing the map instead of hunting tips on ammo caches. One of the most intense missions ever :) we cleared almost 3/4 of the map but found only 5 caches. Day or night is not long enough for this mission :) can't imagine playing this in a thick jungle and numerous towns :)

having some issues with the 0.70 BAF version in that the NLAW's no longer seem to work, seen people mention it a few times on the server and thought was about time I tried one tonight and found I had the same issue.

You get the weapon but doesn't come with any ammunition so an empty tube.

)rStrangelove;1751189']

IMO there are 2 versions needed' date=' MP COOP and PvP, not both of them in 1 version.[/quote']

Or perhaps another parameter in loadout screen for admin to lock/unlock OPFOR slots?

a parameter isn't needed to lock a slot. Admins can do that already.

wrt the NLAW yeah its the one bug with the BAF version i know about. Just forgot to change the one shot script from the m136 to the NLAW.

Im inclined to turn down the accuracy for the opfor team..hehe.. its freeking difficult to hit them. MK16 uses about 4-5 shots to get an enemy down and AK47 gets me at 100 m heatshot :p

-will there be some more vehicles on blufor ? (like in the PR mission - APC and a Chopper)

Having a lot of fun with this mission over at TV2 server :) we playd about 6 hours and not even capped half the zones, only got 1 cache so far. Not a full server however.

I played last night and also spotted the rocket ammo issue - already reported (was using BAF). The vehicles spawning in the air - looks odd but no biggy. We had the quads running out of full at base. It might have been someone leaving the engine on or something. We had to blow them up so they would respawn with fuel. The caches, markers and surendign was all good. We had some 'squares' that were constantly red for some reason - they were 'open' area's with no buildings and we did donuts in quads to 'clear' all that grassland. :) A trivial problem.

Liking the way it's going. :)

Try taking the red zone on foot (or hop out of vehicle), along with at least 1 AI.

Seems to clear all zones for me, as long as no enemy occupied it.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

-Im a superman-

Just finished the mission on VMA server :)

Edited by cri74

Any data on real time spent on reaching all of the objectives? Where did you start, N/S/W/E?

cri74 Glad to have ya on our server mate! Any ones welcome to jump on the VMA server thats where we have a new version everyday and slowly getting all the bugs ironed out and balancing sorted.

In beta 5 pogo added Arty to the squad leader but 15 rounds later and no city left..so thats being changed dont worry hah.

Just don't complicate it too much;)

So, what is your tactic when playing Insurgency? We usually drive like crazy with cars to a preset point on map, park cars safely behind a building/in complex and then provide 360 security and clear out the sector. That "blitzkrieg" seems to be a very effective tactic.

p.s. I loved the last time that AI ran into me when I've been holding an RPG. He immediatelly surrendered to my suprise ;)

We noticed some players had a way negative score - like -76 or something. He was playing the game the same as everyone else. Some insight into what that is about out of curiosity?

had that happening to me a couple of times, afther having began to build up a nice positive score, i "Helped" one who was stuck in a revive loop with a little lead.

afther that, the enemy i killed started to withdraw from my score.....

I'd like to see some vehicle repair depots in the base. It can be hard as nails to keep all the vehicles in working order.