Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Desert Malden Released

This addon provides a new unofficial desert island based on the original Malden map.

Desert camo versions with wound textures of the standard soldiers and snipers have been provided for all 3 sides.

DesertMalden.jpg

DesertMalden2.jpg

West Soldiers

DesMalW2.jpg

East Soldiers

DesMalE3.jpg

Resistance Soldiers

DesMalG4.jpg

Links to Mirrors:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/stede/flashpoint/STTDesert_Malden1_00.zip

Thanks Kegetys!

www.planetrainbowsix.com/atwar

Thanks StormatWar! (fileplanet servers)

http://www.uvm.edu/~efisher

Thanks PitViper!

new mirror at http://www.operationflashpoint.d2.cz/islands/STTDesert_Malden1_00.zip from www.operationflashpoint.cz

thanks Monti and Bojler!

The addon is compliant with the OFP Editing Center addon requirements and will be available from the Addon Depot shortly.

SelectThis

(Edited by SelectThis at 1:35 pm on Dec. 24, 2001)

(Edited by SelectThis at 1:40 pm on Dec. 24, 2001)

(Edited by SelectThis at 1:41 pm on Dec. 24, 2001)

(Edited by SelectThis at 12:15 pm on Dec. 26, 2001)

You've heard my views on the OFPEC forum...and you hear them here...I love you man. If I wasn't straight as roman road and I knew where you lived I'd kiss ya...but I am and I don't so there goes you fun.

lol thanks JJB, Merry Xmas and I hope you enjoy the map..should help all our northern hemisphere friends feel warm over the Silly Season smile.gif

SelectThis

This looks great. Excellent work.

(f**king pictures. I keep hittin' right mouse to try and get a zoomed view)

Fantastic stuff SelectThis !

What in your opinion would be the definitive desert vehicle add-on pack to complement your work?

(Edited by colt at 3:14 am on Dec. 24, 2001)

looks great, i'm just a little pissed cuz all the unoffical non-desert (That only come with woodland/euro textures!) look stupid when used on that map, oh well, great job anyway!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Ruskiesrule on 3:15 am on Dec. 24, 2001

looks great, i'm just a little pissed cuz all the unoffical non-desert (That only come with woodland/euro textures!) look stupid when used on that map, oh well, great job anyway!<span id='postcolor'>

There are desert versions of the humvee, brdm, t72, m1a1, and the MH-60. what else do you want?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from PV on 4:02 am on Dec. 24, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Ruskiesrule on 3:15 am on Dec. 24, 2001

looks great, i'm just a little pissed cuz all the unoffical non-desert (That only come with woodland/euro textures!) look stupid when used on that map, oh well, great job anyway!<span id='postcolor'>

There are desert versions of the humvee, brdm, t72, m1a1, and the MH-60.  what else do you want?<span id='postcolor'>

And the T-72, T-80, 5t Truck's and the M-113 Vulcan. All we need now is the M2A2, Shilka, BMP and so on...

Anyway's back to the Island. Realy nice job. I just love the roads and the way you radomly placed rock's 'n' s**t.

And that camo for the soldiers is the best I've seen so far. It's nice and dull (not way too bright) the way it should be.

I feel guilty now because I did'nt get you anything for Christmas.

wink.gifsmile.gif

GREAT JOB!!

(Edited by MP at 4:43 am on Dec. 24, 2001)

Looking awesome !

I hope it will be used frequently in MP, could help lag and action taking part, as its a smaller map.

The one thing that always kept me from using the original Desert map in MP was that there is absolutely no cover, without any Mapping Tool"l features to use.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from amos m on 12:24 pm on Dec. 24, 2001

What is Tool"l ?<span id='postcolor'>

whenever someone writes the word t.a.c.t.i.c.a.l (minus the periods), its translates it to "mapping tool"

OMFG That just looks BEATIFUL! WOW i have to download now, aahh must stop posting and go download ... GREAT WORK SelectThis and merry christmas.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from amos m on 12:34 pm on Dec. 24, 2001

What?

<span id='postcolor'>

comprendez-vous Anglais?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from PV on 10:30 pm on Dec. 24, 2001

its translates it to "mapping tool"

<span id='postcolor'>

English?

Even with the rest of the quote it didn't make much sense.

There are some great Desert vehicles being done by people such as Metal, Pandoras Box and Marfy. I'm sure more will come out soon and we'll be able to put together a desert vehicle pack for all sides.

SelectThis

thanks selectthis

I love sniping people off at 1000 yards from that 500 meter peak

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from PV on 6:02 am on Dec. 24, 2001

There are desert versions of the humvee, brdm, t72, m1a1, and the MH-60.  what else do you want?

<span id='postcolor'>

I want a full set of re-textured vehicles like Kegytys Winter Vehicles or Ash's Artic Armor packs.  Alot of those desert addons arent from the same author, meaning their color tones dont always match....

Also, I still think the soldiers included with the island need a little texture work still. They need bigger brown patches and the green needs to be a lighter tint.

(Edited by Mr ThunderMakeR at 4:24 am on Dec. 25, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from timmy on 4:14 am on Dec. 25, 2001

thanks selectthis

I love sniping people off at 1000 yards from that 500 meter peak

<span id='postcolor'>Me too. I've haven't had as much fun sniping ever before. This map is loads of fun sniping. Maps of this quality should be an official addon.

-=Die Alive=-