Sign in to follow this  
tintifaxl

Crimson Lance Mission 3 Heat - Problem

Okay, all of us made it to mission 3 without taking casualities. But sadly we're stuck here.

We survived the infantry attack, destroyed the observer post, secured the landing zone, broke the siege, found one mortar and took out the crew.

Problem 1: how can I destroy the mortar? Satchel didn't work, frags didn't work

Problem 2 Is there another mortar somewhere? I double checked the region, but couldn't find anything.

Problem 3: Got assigned to help take out an armored column. But when I reach the crossroads to Sakhe, there are 2 friendlies there and 2 destroyed enemy vehicles. I drove all the way past Sakhe but there is nothing there. Any pointers?

So far I like this campaign, but missing the triggers is a little frustrating ...

Okay, all of us made it to mission 3 without taking casualities. But sadly we're stuck here.

We survived the infantry attack, destroyed the observer post, secured the landing zone, broke the siege, found one mortar and took out the crew.

Problem 1: how can I destroy the mortar? Satchel didn't work, frags didn't work

Problem 2 Is there another mortar somewhere? I double checked the region, but couldn't find anything.

Problem 3: Got assigned to help take out an armored column. But when I reach the crossroads to Sakhe, there are 2 friendlies there and 2 destroyed enemy vehicles. I drove all the way past Sakhe but there is nothing there. Any pointers?

So far I like this campaign, but missing the triggers is a little frustrating ...

There's another mortar just north of the first one that's surrounded by infantry and one vehicle.

I don't know about Sakhe. In the previous mission I helped the friendly militia and in return they dealt with Sakhe in Heat.

Thank you for the quick reply, but

the second mortar team stays in an unknown location. I killed a team with a group of 6 men, 3 tents and a red jeep - no more mortars south or north of that position

Thank you for the quick reply, but

the second mortar team stays in an unknown location. I killed a team with a group of 6 men, 3 tents and a red jeep - no more mortars south or north of that position

I faced the same thing. But managed to dig them out...

Check all the green places in the mortar marker... you will see the 1 man mortar team. Bring along a team of AI to better spot him

I only had one mortar position to clean. And you don't have to "destroy" the mortar itself, you have to kill every soldier from that group. Perhaps one of them ran away and that's why you can't complete the mission now.

I did every goal except the Sakhe convoy, natives dealt with it.

Same here. One mortar, killed the gunner. Locals dealt with Sakhe.

A tough mission though, got quite a few casualties...

In what order did you do the objectives ?

Me

- Stop the infantry and armor coming while asking artillery to level the observation point

- Moved to Mortar in the valley up north

- Cleared LZ

- Sakhe was dealt by local militas

- Cleaned the remaining people at observation point

Wow, tough mish! I just was doing fine, didn't lose any men in the initial attack of OP Jester, got the message to deal with the mortars. Found the first, was on the way to the second mortar when I got a message that Jester was overrun and that the squad was destroyed! I helped the locals in the previous mission and they dealt with Sakhe, even the OP fell to friendlies, but not sure why I failed.

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

I did exactly the same order

- Stop the infantry and armor coming while asking artillery to level the observation point

- Moved to Mortar in the valley up north (had to also clear a second mortar to the NE in a woodland area in the valley also)

- Cleared LZ

- Sakhe was dealt by local militas

- Cleaned the remaining people at observation point

Notes: moved troops and jackals to the cross roads to deal with the armour threat and get out of the main mortar area. Picked up a Javelin to help deal with the armour. Spotting the armour early seems to give the FOB Jester infantry time to also maneouvre into position to help deal with the second wave of armour.

Are there any AT weapons in the base anywhere? How can you stop multiple armoured units with machine guns? I get massacred every time unless i shoot my own AT bloke and take his weapon and take out a few vehicles before being gunned down as i run out of ammo.

Not good.

Javelin and NLAW in crates at the FOB. Check all the crates.

Javelin and NLAW in crates at the FOB. Check all the crates.

I found ammo for them in the crates by the entrance. I must have missed the launchers.

Cheers

I faced the same thing. But managed to dig them out...

Check all the green places in the mortar marker... you will see the 1 man mortar team. Bring along a team of AI to better spot him

Thank you! I found him. Mission success :yay:

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Are there any AT weapons in the base anywhere? How can you stop multiple armoured units with machine guns? I get massacred every time unless i shoot my own AT bloke and take his weapon and take out a few vehicles before being gunned down as i run out of ammo.

Not good.

I killed the armor with the Jackal's grenade launcher.

I chose the nlaws rather than Javelin. it locks quickly (automatic) and you can get more rockets...

Actually the grenade launcher in the jackal is powerful enough to stop all the armor, even the BMP 2. You have to start nailing it before it sees you, though.

I had trouble finding the second mortar team too, it was my last objective. I rolled the Jackal down a hill and crawled out injured to find the team right in front of me lol.

base secured. 4 blokes and me left. now i am tooling around in a jackal not knowing what to do. we are still being mortared but i cant find the last mortar group. Are they on the "mortars" red area? (killed on there).

if definately in there i wil go over it inch by inch. I am just wary in case this is a "manhattan" style broken trigger.

does the base mission get completed once the mortar mission is classed as complete?

In my mission there were 2 mortar teams. Only after killing both, the task destroy mortars and defend the FOB was completed.

The hint: check all green spots in the marked zone in this thread helped me tremendously to find the 1 man mortar team hidden in the woods. It was in the SE section of the marked area.

If you lost your AT-guy or the Medic you should consider to start restart the mission.

check all green spots in the marked zone.

do you mean the trees, wooded areas in the big "mortars" green circle on the map?

there are two teams in there?

i'm pretty sure I killed one so far. Will keep looking

This confused me as the big mortars circle on my map was red, but upon checking the wooded areas inside it, i found the two teams.

If you take out the mortars in the ending of the previous mission (i just legged it to the base like a wuss) does it have any effect on this mission?

You are right, they are red, my mistake, (I posted from work with hazy mamory). I found them in there though, hiding in the trees. Sneaky buggers ;)

I am stuck. I guess really got to go into trees. Used both jackels fuel looking for them! ( I missed map indictor first fuel load)

This is my first official mission ever.

How to I call arty (it not like new BAF arty module) and air drop?

Why can't I or my units heal? (My medics dead, but pretty sure before death I could not heal a wounded unit in mission 2.) Does not seem to be like OA First Aid module I use in

editor.

TA

PS the attack of the FOB starts to quickly imho. No time to set up but I'm new. I guess that why I lost so many men. Lost only few during vehicle attack as I used GMG.

Edited by cream-t

Arty and ammo drop should be in the 0 menu (communication), just call that up and it will drop in the vicinity of your cursor. If your medic is dead you cannot heal, although anyone can administer first aid to an incapacitated soldier in these missions. You will still be wounded but able to fight.

I'm not new and I lost my entire squad except for 1 guy. It's a difficult mission. But you don't need that many men for the next mission.

Also you are right, the Jackals run out of fuel way too quickly

I am stuck. I guess really got to go into trees. Used both jackels fuel looking for them! ( I missed map indictor first fuel load)

Yep, you have to find the last mortar or the mission will not end. Of course you could use the "end mission" command in the console.