Sign in to follow this  
Angle

Sprocket downloaded BAF wont activate

Still nothing. Nothing at all.

I'm getting slightly upset.

Issue solved.

Thanks to Securom for not providing any form of error code to help troubleshoot the issue.

And many thanks proper to SEN_ONE for making me go though my internet connection and finding out that the newly connected IP phone system blocks some outgoing connections.

10/10Mb Ethernet connection btw.

I'm also facing this issue, I'm running the latest 1.54 patch, I tried updating java, disabling my firewall, without any results. Has anyone come up with a proper solution for this?

Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

So I just heard from sprocket support, they asked me to check firewall settings and confirm accurate serial.

I have disabled windows firewall and uninstalled my AVG antivirus, and copy/pasted from the sprocket product info, but still to no avail.

This is quite frustrating.

Anybody?

Thanks in advance

At last i got it working, even though the solution didn't make me any wiser.

I tried switching to the original administrator profile, and the setup executed without any problems.

Which is kinda strange seeing as my own profile has administrator level authorization, and I also executed via the "run as admin" in the rightclick menu.

But none the less, its running now, and I can finally getting around to shootin pakis while screaming in my radio in a thich cockney accent. Brilliant mate, innit? :D

still someone have issues to activate BAF ?

also please write to support a/t idea-games.com

remember BAF is not using SECUROM so no point to blame it ...

and if you get it resolved please always write here what you done or what you think fixed it

it will help tracking it to fix or other users ...

thanks

hey dwarden just checking iam not missing a file from Baf dlc any ideas what this means in my rtp

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -window -noPause -noFilePatching -winxp -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=4 "-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\Expansion" -showscripterrors

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2010/09/11 21:01:37

Current time: 2010/09/13 07:56:08

Version 1.54.73251

Checking DLC for update.

DLC check complete.

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Item str_disp_left listed twice

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V10 not found

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

Edited by muttly

don't worry this will be fixed in next patch, nothing you can do about

Why are they even putting an add-on in a game patch with low quality textures? That should have been a different download all together if it's just a demo.

Know one likes a broken game, or blurry textures, so gamers will do the next thing... (Great marketing). You don't have to twist my arm, Anything ArmA, I'm always willing to buy "on my own". ;)

I'm dying to order this ASAP, For sprocket I'm wondering, is there a kind of service app that needs to run while you're playing the game also? I'm not familiar with the sprocket service and the sprocket site makes it sound like it just needs to be activated only when it is being installed. Is that the case, or is there a service that needs to run in the background as a process like steam? Something half down loadable, half retail?

Thanks

Edited by starstreams

the LITE part exists for MultiPlayer compatibility , it's not intended to be 'played' just to work

and Sprocket is like eshop + download of installer + install by yourself when you ready

Sprocket doesn't require any application to run the game, it's not like Steam. That's excatly why I got the game from Sprocket - you DL it, install it, put in your serial and then it works - no DVDs, no Steam handcuffs.

Issue solved.

Thanks to Securom for not providing any form of error code to help troubleshoot the issue.

And many thanks proper to SEN_ONE for making me go though my internet connection and finding out that the newly connected IP phone system blocks some outgoing connections.

10/10Mb Ethernet connection btw.

So what connections need to be opened? I would like to get this going as well.

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

Same problem.."There was a problem activating ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead DLC: Writing of license file failed"

Tried all the following:

Run as Admin, disabled firewall, and anti-virus, typed the serial number on at a time, as well as copy paste,

I'm running win7 ultimate-64bit, ArmA 2 OA standalone at 1.54 (orginally I had the 1.57 patch installed, which was giving me the same issue so I uninstalled ArmA 2 OA and reinstalled up to 1.54)

This really is a pain, why should a expansion pack be so troublesome to activate...any new suggestions?:(

I brought PMC and BAF from SPROCKET yesterday.

PMC is installed and activate but BAF wont activate.

"Writing of license file failed" error.

I did everything and wont work. I can't undertand why PMC activate and BAF not. :mad:

Someone had the same problem?

Win 7 64 bits

No anti-virus

Firewall disabled

UAC disabled

And i run everything as administrator.

This is making me ill,

I completely uninstalled my anti-virus, firewall, and anti-spyware software (Macfee Internet Security). Turned off all win 7 security features; windows firewall, windows defender, no antvirus at all. Logged in as the Admin, plus ran the setup as Admin with UAC off.

Still it won't write the license file!!!:mad:

Now I am installing ArmA 2 OA on my older winXP machine and will see if BAF will write a license the older winXP machine.

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

and a while later...

NO, it didn't work on the winXP machine either :-(

I really don't know what to do....sounds like refund time

I don't know why PMC installed and BAF not. Make no sense.

Ad i don't wanna refund. I just wanna BAF working.

If Sprocket can't help, can BI developers help?

Edited by Fabri
Typo

YEAH! BAF is finally activated and installed.

Its was a problem at Sprocket (or Idea-Games), the support guy wrote "please try it now, we discovered that Stardock didn't upload all numbers last time..."

So try now Fabri and it should work (remember to turn off anti-virus, firewall, etc...)

---------- Post added at 18:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

Oh..you might want to re-download the BAF setup file.

p.s. whatever a Stardock is ???

I just received this email from SPROCKET:

"Hello,

we are very sorry for inconveniences,

problem was keys were not signed into Impulse database,

everything should be working now,

regards,

Miloslav Cinko"

------------------------------------------

I will try install later cuz im at work now.

Later i will update this post with results.

-------------------------------------

UPDATE: It worked! Tkx SPROCKET!

Edited by Fabri
WORKED!

Only problem is that sprocket doesnt allow for phone activation. I've got the BAF patch but the pc its intended for doesnt have connectivity and is on a closed loop LAN so cant activate. Ah well