Sign in to follow this  
instagoat

Next DLC: PMCs

Black Element PMC as Focus of next DLC: Yes/No  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Black Element PMC as Focus of next DLC: Yes/No

• Yes
    • No

The new BAF DLC is excellent, content wise, and I´m thrilled about the sneaky Black Element mission. Now I was thinking, maybe the next DLC could focus on BE, with new PMC Units, and more dramatic and possibly even over the top mission Ideas.

Personally, I would love to learn about the ways that PMCs operate in the Armaverse. What is the most honourable community´s and developers opinion on this?

Cheers

Instagoat

A new island would be preferable to PMCs for the focus of a new DLC. Something at least half the size of Takistan.

i dont know how many times i have said this on this forum, but im going to say it again:

WTF do people love about mercs so much?!

"mercs" are just a lazy excuse of a plot line, and in real life they are either worthless over payed douche bags, or alternatively, over payed uncontrolled cowboy douche bags. seriously. a fucking waste of the american tax payers dollar

that was something i really despised about QG ( and a major reason i didn't buy it)

and really yea, i would love to know

I'd like a large (10x10-20x20) map, Mid-East or Central Asian feel, but much more emphasis on vegetated areas. Helmand, Eastern Afghanistan, or something along the lines of the Tigris-Euphrates areas in Iraq. Lots of places that get a bit more claustrophobic. Areas of heavy vegetation, narrow roads through fields, irrigation ditches, etc. Big map with lots of infantry friendly terrain, but keeping with the OA force theme.

Next DLC: Chinese Peoples Army (Opfor) units/vehicles and a new island

Following DLC: Israeli IDF (Blufor) units/vehicles and a new island

Edited by blackettle

We need some more OPFOR. But preferably something from the Armaverse, like if Ardistan(North of Takistan) suddenly goes mental and invades Takistan to eliminate the BLUFOR. But of course Ardistan would need good tech.

Imagine if both sides were using IR-lasers on their weapons and how chaotic that would look :shine:

How about instead of making BIS produce new islands... you instead ask for them to fix the likes of Zargabad?

Zargabad has huge potential if it was optimised... Arma 2 OA shipped with one map (that was usable) which was Takistan, then you have the likes of Desert which isn't exactly that good for much :p.

I've already PAID for OA and still haven't got the full product, although I bought this DLC I would prefer to see the OA game delivered upon first... if I can't run Zargabad effectively then you know something is up given my rig specs (and I'm the one who gets 30/40 fps on it). Most of our players struggle to get 15-20 fps when loaded with small numbers of AI, this is paired with huge LOD issues with the entire map.

Edited by rexehuk

No thanks.

I'd much prefer a new island and/or quality BLUFOR troops and vehicles.

+1 to that!

I want "Winter Warfare".

Island, units, vehicles, etc.

MfG Lee

I like that idea a lot better.

I'd love to see something like a low profile/covert ops DLC featuring special forces units from around the globe as they appeared in 2001 during the beginning of op enduring freedom.

Toyotas and beards. I'd be sold :D

+1000

winter +1001

That or Canadians or Germans or Australians or Israelis or China or any of the huge numberof interesting real world forces that I'd like to see before mercs...

I want "Winter Warfare".

MfG Lee

Yes. Winter Chernarus. :D

Yes. Winter Chernarus. :D

That'd be awesome. Especially with militia forces in winter gear along with the conventional forces.

All the ponds would have to be frozen over too, solves the AI issue right there. :p

i want "winter warfare".

Mfg lee

+9001

PMCs would be hard to work as an individual pack, because there's not much "new" stuff they could really add, in terms of units, other than a number of similar looking troops and a bunch of new AR15 variants.

Let's think about it, what sort of stuff do PMCs use in Iraq?

SUVs, Hummers - Already ingame

Light Helicopters, such as the MD500 - Already ingame (as the MH6)

Unless BIS went a similar route to QG (highly fictitious in terms of gear etc.) the only really new content in a PMC pack would have to be missions or islands.

I'll buy it. I like spending money on Sprocket. :)

Agree a nice winter DLC pack would get my vote aswell. Some new set of units with parka's, a 'simple' retexture of most vehicles, takistan or a new suiteable winter island,... Don't forget to give the units the 'cold air breath' feature, loved that feature (made it more believable).

To get inspired:

4777344669_ab6748112a_m.jpg

*Clickable for High res.

->

Generation III Extended Cold Weather Clothing System (GEN III ECWCS)

The Generation III Extended Cold Weather Clothing System (ECWCS) is a system

of uniform components that allows Soldiers to adapt more effectively to operational and environmental conditions.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peosoldier/tags/generationiiiextendedcoldweatherclothingsystem/ Edited by DaSquade

Winter-takistan DLC with Canadian forces!

-k

If you were to have a PMC content then you'd have have them as new 4th side with a new interface so you could set standings to the other 3 factions in any conceivable manner.

Would lead to some interesting and chaotic situations for mission makers to play with eg; PMC is friendly to blufor but hostile to independent. blufor and indy are mutually friendly. what happens when PMC engages indy in front of blufor...?