Sign in to follow this  
ricnunes

Bug: T-55 and BMP-2 don't engage M1A2 TUSK tanks!

While making a mission I noticed that the T-55 tanks and BMP-2 don't engage enemy M1A2 TUSK tanks. In the T-55 case this tank doesn't use it's main gun to engage enemy M1A2 TUSK and the BMP2s don't use either the its AT missiles or its 30mm cannon.

It's curious that once I replace the enemy M1A2 TUSK tank with a M1A1 for example the T-55 tanks and BMP-2 will engage the M1A1.

Nevertheless this is a odd problem and definitly a bug. I hope that BIS devs read this post and correct this bug as soon as possible since it's IMO a major gameplay issue which affects 2 of the most important OPFOR units (in Op. Arrowhead).

While making a mission I noticed that the T-55 tanks and BMP-2 don't engage enemy M1A2 TUSK tanks. In the T-55 case this tank doesn't use it's main gun to engage enemy M1A2 TUSK and the BMP2s don't use either the its AT missiles or its 30mm cannon.

It's curious that once I replace the enemy M1A2 TUSK tank with a M1A1 for example the T-55 tanks and BMP-2 will engage the M1A1.

Nevertheless this is a odd problem and definitly a bug. I hope that BIS devs read this post and correct this bug as soon as possible since it's IMO a major gameplay issue which affects 2 of the most important OPFOR units (in Op. Arrowhead).

Sounds like the BMP-2 and T-55s are seeing the turned out loader first and targeting him. If you put down an empty M1A2 and have all slots filled except for the loader they will engage with their main armaments.

You're right Jack! If the M1A2 doesn't have a loader than the T-55 and BMP-2 will engage the M1A2.

Nevertheless this is a very annoying bug, I hope that BIS reads this and solves this (once again) very annoying bug.

In the meanwhile if there's an another possibility of making the T-55s and BMP-2s engaging the M1A2 without "removing the loader", I would appreciate.

He should be hidden unless turned out in the first place. He kinda has an important job to do inside if that big pointy thing in the front goes boom. ;)

Actually it is a common sense mistake, how can a turning out loader reload the cannon?

Well another problem here is that there's posibility to turn the "loader in" in the M1A2 TUSK (the loader has only one position which is "turned out").

Well another problem here is that there's posibility to turn the "loader in" in the M1A2 TUSK (the loader has only one position which is "turned out").

This has bothered me since I first loaded up Arma2 more than a year ago. Now with this bug there is a reason to fix it besides asthetics/continuity/etc.