Sign in to follow this  
pchaxor

Server Start up params - Yellow (?)

-nosound -config=ACEserver.cfg -cfg=ArmA2OAServer.cfg -profiles=profile -mod=EXPANSION;ca;BAF;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

Sadly the server shows a Yellow (?) even though I have actually installed BAF and the params are EXACTLY the same as the client. Same version, same startup... what gives?

I see other servers without ca and they show green.

Objective is to show green so people dont think joining will crash them.

How should I be starting the server so I don't get the Yellowness?

TIA!

Edited by pchaxor

I too have this problem! Not shure how to correct it! It would seem that clients can still connect though without any probs.

Yeah they can, but the yellow in the USA means "Caution", so they join another server.

Thats fine and all, but us admins take pride in our servers and want everyone to feel they can join and not have issues or be hackled.

I wonder if it is the ACE mods it does not recognize?

Does yours have ACE installed?

Edited by pchaxor

Yeah they can, but the yellow in the USA means "Caution", so they join another server.

Thats fine and all, but us admins take pride in our servers and want everyone to feel they can join and not have issues or be hackled.

I wonder if it is the ACE mods it does not recognize?

Does yours have ACE installed?

No I dont allow any mods yet!

Then this is a Gamespy issue I am thinking. Relative to having OA and ArmA2 (CA) content enabled. If you look through the list and "enabled mods" this is pretty obvious.

Now we just have to wait for them to fix it I guess.

Edited by pchaxor

Tell you what its getting up my nose is this, I`ve tried all sorts of computations with the command line on my dedicated server and it still don`t work! Shows up yellow all the time! Thought we had some experts on this server that could tell us how to solve this! Must be wrong.

Ran some tests also ... this only appears when ArmA2 content is enabled.

VERIFIED :checkmark:

compare the files in expansions and dta folder in server with our own that fixed our server had to replace alot

I did a crc check on both sides and hash is identical ... already thought of that and re-uploaded my local content to the server several weeks ago.

Still same issue. Only happens when I have CO content enabled though. I see the same on all the other servers in the game list too, so if you have CO or ArmA2 content enabled .. I highly doubt you have it fixed.

Thanks for the story bro :)

I'm with Blade73. We finaly solved it on our CombOps server hosted by UKGAME, by doing a reinstall, upgrade to only 1.54 and then replacing all files in expansion/dta folder with the ones from a CLEAN installed client. ( just to make sure u dont copy old sh*t accross again :-) ) GREEN ICON , and publics can find us again :-) :-) :-)

pchaxor, i'm not a expert but use spock-approach (logic). I dont understand why u have BAF in your -mod for the server. BAF-full is only needed clientside as far as I know, serverside has enough baf-lite content in version 1.54. Also the expansion in your -mod is strange to me. ANd don't get me started on ACE, nice as it is, it's a damn hassle keeping it working alright.

My advise to you: start from scratch, install only originals and slowly progress to newer versions & addons/mods. It will cost you much less time to do that then figuring out what is causing your issue in this jungle of @#$:-/@*#-software :-) and gives solid ground to work & sleep over.

I have done that already, so the issue then is that I had to copy over the files from the Steam client version for the server and combine thr ArmA2 and OA on the server to get it to work right. My guess this is why.

Good old Steam crap. I hope BIS backs out of Steam .. nothing but stupid BS issues. Never again for me thats for sure. I will get this all sorted out as soon as BIS gets the Steam crap sorted so it loads all into one folder like it should have in the first place. Until then it looks like my ArmA2 content will cause the yellow question mark. (appears MANY others are having the same issue)

this is what we did:

In server check the expansion/dta folder compare with our own expansion/dta folder NOT THE DTA IN MAIN DIRECTORY

there is a difrence in the bin.pbo and the languagecore.pbo and remember the bisign files also and product.bin its also diffrent

Replace those files with our own.

Bin.pbo =size 4 885 845 +bi.bisign

Languagecore.pbo =size 1 663 720 +bi.bisign

Product.bin =size 265 its the same as server but do replace it

clientside is running a clean OA combined operations

Edited by blade73

So to see if I got this right. Open the expansion folder on server - open up the dta folder on server - upload all the files (6) from my dta folder on my computer to the server but do not change the product.bin file! Is this correct?

So to see if I got this right. Open the expansion folder on server - open up the dta folder on server - upload all the files (6) from my dta folder on my computer to the server but do not change the product.bin file! Is this correct?

make sure you in the right dta folder expansions/dta in ours also NOT THE DTA IN MAIN DIRECTORY

change the product.bin REPLACE THAT ALSO

Right Ive done it and yep I can confirm it is now working. Thank you for your help M8 very much appreciated.

To be honest, our fix (Blade73) was done on trial and error base. Today we again reinstalled our server (hosted by UKGAME, which seems to be a STEAM version !!!). I also reinstalled my local game to exactly the same 1.54 version (all from disc, not steam). And again the all files in EXPANSION/DTA are different (except the core.pbo & bisign) We replaced ALL files again with client version (including product.bin) and our server is green again and no "weird" errors in errorlog (profiles/arma2.rpt). So it works for us (3para.com) :yay:

(make sure u pick the right dta folder, on the client there are 4 differnet Dta folders!!!! 1. Root of game directory /dta 2. expansion/dta (use this one!) 3: expansion/beta/dta 4: expansion/beta/expansion/dta )

Like said no real knowledge on my side, just logic. I would think the steamfiles are NO different than the disc version, only the way/location they are installed on the client. But thats just guessing ...

We have given our solution to our provider UKGAME, and are awaiting there response on it. To me it seems they have a wrong/defective installer. (other arma2 server at UKGAME are all yellow as well !!!) Or could it be a steam issue indeed!

Oddly enough ... this worked for me also. I just renamed the old epansions/dta folder and replaced it with the one from my client and walla! Green circle of happiness. Not sure why it worked this time ... but I think it is because I also removed the -mod=BAF from the startup, so all is well again in server land. (I had purchased and installed BAF on the server, this seems to casue more issues etc.. not advised - just use the patch low res version)

Thanks!

BoomBomm we too on UKGAME but it has worked! Back to normal! Now I got to watch out for the idiots! LOL.

BoomBomm we too on UKGAME but it has worked! Back to normal! Now I got to watch out for the idiots! LOL.

yea ours also did show green in the beginning so i dont know what happend had even red icon at a time then the yellow, but now we are all :yay:

I saw you got it fixed. Good work there by Blade73. I hope UKG Chris can put that fix on all the UKG servers.

Personally, it's not a big issue for me as mine is a clan server and locked almost all of the time, but for you guys running big public, I can see how you needed it fixed.

Tanky (pauleden on UKG forums)

No luck with mine, though I've not done a clean install either on the server or my pc, guess that could be why. All that said it does now show up with lite on gamespy now which it didn't before.

Edited by anarcho

No luck with mine, though I've not done a clean install either on the server or my pc, guess that could be why. All that said it does now show up with lite on gamespy now which it didn't before.

check out pchaxor post at page 2 he had to rename some folders