Sign in to follow this  
dannyp155

ArmA 2: Manhattan

Hey,

in the mission Manhattan i have a problem with the task of eliminating the insurgent leader. I wasted my artillery-support so now i have to kill the whole base only with my men and my tanks available who canot beat the T-72 from the insurgents. Does anyone have a solution for my problem?

thx,

danny

Not sure if i remember right, but i once managed to take out the t72 with the drone you can control in fob manhatten.

Restart the mission and spend 2+ hours doing the whole fucking thing all over again?

I used hit&run insurgent tactics. Took a while though. I also left my team guarding my rear, AI didnt really understood what i was trying to do.. :p

Can't you use a Javelin to kill the T-72? You'll need to be stealthy of course but it could be quite fun...

The chopper that comes to get Lagushina completely wasted the 'hidden' base about 10 minutes into the mission. Was a real bummer. I wish I could figure out which mod caused it.

I hit the patrolling BMP2 with an RPG, crewed it myself and essentially leveled the insurgent base and half the surrounding forest.

I remembered that you can calling support from a tank platoon but it takes about 5 min till they arrive the base.

The chopper that comes to get Lagushina completely wasted the 'hidden' base about 10 minutes into the mission. Was a real bummer. I wish I could figure out which mod caused it.

none that is literally a hit or miss luck objective depending on which part the enemy base is located

If you take a look at your map and get a solid idea what grid the base is at, you can use the mountain directly southwest (roughly 1500 meters) as a launch site for a few javelins to nuke the t-72 and a roving BMP then call in your artillary with some willy pete, should be able to walk up with very little opposition.

I also located the commander only a few feet from the medical tent.

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

If you don't have the artey just nuke the T-72 from a distance and assault the base from the eastern tree line, the roving BMP won't have the capability to see you as he comes over the hill, as long as you stay prone and order razor team not to move as you rocket it. then use the tree line to defy the MG pits, the infantry should be easy to anniliate.