Sign in to follow this  
tpw

Can't install BAF, won't accept CD Key

Hi all

Well it had to happen eventually - I've purchased and installed all of my various Arma2 stuff without problem until today when I purchased BAF through Sprocket.

I have the DVD retail version of Arma2 and OA, and installed OA using the securom option so as not to need the DVD in drive. It's been patched successfully to 1.54 and is running as well as it ever runs.

After downloading the sprocket download manager/installer it successfully downloaded the full BAFsetup.exe. When I ran this it asked me for my serial number from the sprocket purchase (no problem) and then asked "Insert Access Code (CD)". When I enter the Installation key off the back of the printed manual it just tells me "Wrong CD Key" and I have to cancel the installation.

Anyone else seen this or know a workaround? I get a feeling that pesky securom is raising its ugly head.

I know the DLC was inexpensive but it looks nice and I'd really like to play it. I've contacted sprocket but have higher hopes of an answer from someone on the forums :)

Thanks in advance

I know its abit confusing but it seems u need to enter ur BAF key twice. So the 2nd time it asks for it just paste the BAF code. Hope it helps ;)

Hi, I wondered about "CD key" too. I simply re-entered my serial key and all systems were go.:moto:

Hope this works for you:)

Thanks guys. Such a simple fix, I feel like a bit of a tool really....

OK, off to speak in-game with a British accent :)

Thanks guys. Such a simple fix, I feel like a bit of a tool really....

OK, off to speak in-game with a British accent :)

lol, to most of the world you'd sound British anyway... Aussies, New Zealanders South Africans and Brits 'apparently' all sound the same ;D

I had the same problem, just reinstalled, entered my BAF serial and it never asked for my CD Key again and it worked.... head fuck.

when I was in the US people constantly asked if I was english. When I was in scotland people were rude to me until I explained I was not english :)

I don't have a perfectly trained ear but are the various regional accents in BAF authentic? Some sound like the same bloke trying to put on different northern accents.

Not sure, the voice acting isn't brilliant. Never saw the casting breakdown in the UK and quite a small voicecast for a videogame.