Sign in to follow this  
Bryce23

Mission wont work after patch..

Im an admin/dev on a zargabad life server.

I have a problem with my mission, and something with the patch broke it. I can start up the game, It seems that after 2 or so people join, everyone who joins after that gets stuck at "wait for host" before they connect. Its only the Zargabad Life mission that is having this problem, when we start up another mission players have no problems connecting. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas. Thanks for the help.

;1733722']Give resaving the mission in the editor a shot.

I think that was tried by the lead dev. He said he couldn't even get it loaded into editor to try that :confused:'

Edit: He got it to load, and resaved it, but it didn't fix the problem. i apologize for that, was running off of old information. lol

Edited by hagar

Well if you can't get it into the editor, chances are its an easy fix. What is the error he's getting?

Go to basics. If you have an overview, etc, take all out, including the init. Just take all out and see if it starts.

Anyway, if you get it to start (in the editor, or however), then add a script/addon one at a time.

The rpt gives you no clues, I guess, if it is not even loading?

Also, since you are (seemingly) sure that the patch broke your mission, I guess you have tried reinstalling Arma (?) to the state when the mission was working? Depending on how much time and work was put into the mission, it may be a lot quicker and easier to try that first. (You can do this on another machine. It does not have to be the server.)

EDIT:

Annd, if you are fortunate enough to get it to work, whether you reinstall, or not, at least use the -showScriptErrors to help determine if there was something already going on (or, even before you patched, if you reinstall).

Oh, yeah, as Grimes mentioned, there was no kind of error message at all when trying to load in the editor?

EDIT: For your and zargabad benefit, you may want to combine the other thread that was started, 'cus in here you say you can load, then its said that the mission cannot load, and the other thread contradicts that, too. Anyway, just a suggestion.

And from what little I have read, it seems to be a mission problem, not a patch problem. But, hey, who am I, right? :)

Edited by CyOp

And from what little I have read, it seems to be a mission problem, not a patch problem. But, hey, who am I, right? :)

Well Zargabad Life as a whole seems to be the only 'popular' mission having a problem, so it is most likely mission related.

If someone can link a download to the latest broken version, I'll take a look at it tomorrow if it's not already resolved.

The problem is with one of 4 scripts:

The Description.ext

FacHarvest

FacMani

FacQueue

I think BOTH of these are broken, however the description.ext links to the other .hpp files as it includes them, so it could be a .hpp file AND the Fac files that are broken.

The Patch must have something todo with how arrays or something of the sort are handled.

I think its got something todo with either the vehicles classnames or the script itself.

I got this to work by removing the Description.ext and all the Fac files.

The problem is with one of 4 scripts:

The Description.ext

FacHarvest

FacMani

FacQueue

I think BOTH of these are broken, however the description.ext links to the other .hpp files as it includes them, so it could be a .hpp file AND the Fac files that are broken.

The Patch must have something todo with how arrays or something of the sort are handled.

I think its got something todo with either the vehicles classnames or the script itself.

I got this to work by removing the Description.ext and all the Fac files.

finally, yeah, listen to him, he actually knows what he's talking about, he's one of the scripters on the team :D lol, he can explain to you what the problem is