Sign in to follow this  
blackpulpit

Head Bob...how many use?

I have it off, I did try it on 100% for a little while and it actually made me vomit (thankfully there was an empty glass nearby which I managed to contain it in. I don't recommend whacking it up.

I just turned it off, I've never messed with the setting before so I've been at 50%.

I have head bob at ~25%. It's great feature for immersion, but anything higher is just too shaky. At 0% it feels like you're sliding across the landscape on slightly bumpy rails...

I use 0% online to give myself a bit better chance, (i'm not that good) but when i play SP i have it on 75%, because it does add to the immersion

About 10%. Anything above that makes me feel uncomfortable. 75% or over would probably make me throw up :icon18:

I don't use it at all. Gives you a severe disadvantage when up against human or even AI opponents (if you're locked into 1st person, at least).

Default. Tried setting it lower and higher, went back to default.

PP low.

Approx 20-25%, with camera shakes turned on. I think it should be forced to this level, it's not a problem to cope with it, even on a low spec system like mine. But the amount of bobbing should be dependent on the weapons dexterity. Run around with a CQB weapon and "feel" the lightness of the weapon. Run around with an M107 and "feel" the difference. I noticed the headbob effect is less when you run around with a pistol (different anim perhaps), so I thought maybe that idea could be expanded. The effect of weapon dexterity is currently far to non important.

I.e. scale the maximum 100% to where it is now 50%. Pistols get 20% headbob (forced absolute minimum), CQB weapons about 40%, normal rifles 60%, light machineguns 70%, long rifles and light sniper weapons 80%, medium machineguns 90%, and heavy sniper weapons 100%. Just thinking out loud :p

I remember when I first played ARMA I got a headache and nausea. Originally head bob was at about 50% for me. I turned it off for a little while then I put it back around 20% recently. It increases the immersion in my opinion so whenever I get headaches or anything I just suffer through it, because in real war you can't quit because of a headache.

zero, surprised so many use it

yeah about 5% here. It was a great idea and a superbly worked effect but in reality your brain cleverly 'stabilises' the feed from your eyes even when running.

With too much headbob you will literally get sea sick as Wolle says, i.e your poor brain gets confused by two conflicting feeds: visual cortex says you're moving, inner ear insists you're not = :i:

just above the minimum... anything more makes me sick and I have hard time spotting enemy :)

I drop it down to 15-20% and try to keep to 3rd person for long runs or else i get sick.

zero head bob for me. also when your soldier starts to pant and breathe hard makes me feel like i cant breathe aswell, wish i could disable that

10-20%, just enough to simulate the movement of the head as the body moves instead of camera shaking, though that has its moments too.

Same here.

Off. Headbob isn't realistic, when I walk or even run in real life I am not conscious of bobbing up and down, my brain compensates and removes the effect from my perception so it's not a normal sensation and highly unrealistic to have it enabled.

I agree with the motion sickness thing, when i first fired up Arma 2 and didn't change the head bob settings i had to walk away a few times, but without it its definitely broom in ass syndrome.

Gotta have a bit of wobble.:D