Sign in to follow this  
blackpulpit

Head Bob...how many use?

Was wondering how many use the head bob and how much of it do you prefer if you use it.

nice that you actually made a poll...fpdr

anyways, i have mine at 20-25%

10-20%, just enough to simulate the movement of the head as the body moves instead of camera shaking, though that has its moments too.

about 5%, just the slightest wobble :)

25% here too, more and you get seasick. :)

I love it, have it on about 75% (believe it or not). Anyone watching the game over my shoulder always comments on how realistic it seems.

I love it, have it on about 75% (believe it or not). Anyone watching the game over my shoulder always comments on how realistic it seems.

What a scary thought, I would hate to see how their eyes perform in a race.

Although that does make me question, with higher head bob does your screen shake more when a tank passes by or an explosive goes off in OA? Instead of shake do you get an earthquake?

20-30%ish for my high-graphics profile. 0% for my multiplayer gameplay profile.

it's a first person view, not first person camera view. you're controlling a human, not a handheld camera, therefore the occipital and motor cortices work in conjunction like a mental gyroscope to remove the bobbing of the head.

it is unrealistic. it only applies to wobbly handheld cameras seen in those action and war movies.

10 - 20% Its a nice feature, but makes me sick of the constant up, down, right, left so I just leave it at the small ammount that shows only when running fast or going prone and so.

it's a first person view, not first person camera view. you're controlling a human, not a handheld camera, therefore the occipital and motor cortices work in conjunction like a mental gyroscope to remove the bobbing of the head.

it is unrealistic. it only applies to wobbly handheld cameras seen in those action and war movies.

I used to joke about this but yes, this is true.

Anyway, I have it on exacly 13% which makes it perfect for me. Even if I have it on 50% it doesnt make me sich however its unnecessary straining of eyes which comes to effect after few hours of gameplay.

I have it @default setting, but I tested it in RL and there's barely any headbob there. waht a strange world that is. :D