Sign in to follow this  
the_shadow

155mm artillery and 120mm mortar

as said.

for the future (maybe in a patch?) i would like 155mm artillery (M777 or M109) and 120mm mortars (ofcourse with the russian counterparts)

as said.

for the future (maybe in a patch?) i would like 155mm artillery (M777 or M109) and 120mm mortars (ofcourse with the russian counterparts)

Stryker MC should be a 120mm, but looks and sounds like 81mm impacts to me.

60mm mortars are more important to me. The artillery systems we have ingame today can fire most 155mm like shells (incl Lasers/Copperhead). And the MLRS can do the ultimate damage (assuming damage is what you're after, and it seems to me that is the case for most players).

120mm mortars seems to me like overkill, except maybe on a mounted platform (like the Styker MC currently is after 1.54), at least making itself an easy to spot target, countering its effectiveness. I can only find HE shells for it though :(

Agreed that I'd rather have light mortars instead of even more flavours of (often too) heavy artillery.

The British L9A1 51mm och 60-640 60mm mortars, or the US M224 60mm mortar. Something that can be carried into the field by infantry, and used for short range indirect fire, that doesn't make a crater out of half the countryside like the current artillery does.

Big cannon have their place in missions. They are devasting, but no worse than guided bombs or MLRS are. Plenty of hinderance also - slow to set up, easy target for good counter-battery fire.

Besides - there are 155mm weapons already deployed in the real-life regions simulated by OA.

A good mission maker will make sure that division assets are not the personal toys of a mere squad leader - if you get access to such, it's rare and not often immediate response.

That being said - 60mm would be cool also.

2S1, M109, 2S7, Dana are in my addons

M109 is in small vehicles addon, soon to be OA compatible

no problem since year you can download it , it has artillery module compatibility as well

also M109 is given to several mods (at least 4-5 mods have it or will release it )

as said.

It will be absolutely cool.

Please do it!

Pleaseeeee!!! :)

but there is such artillery already.... people not know about addons released

Good point about the self-propelled cannon, Vilas. You have some nice stuff out there, great to know it's compatable with the ARTY module.

naah, im mor into realistic spread...

a 155mm howitzer usually have a target area that is about 25x50m bit in A2 and OA they have what? 5x5m? (seams like it anyway)

oh, and right Vilas..

DDAM have the M109... but the ammo feels like 105mm?

to be honest Vilas, i havnt tried your addons since ArmA 1, guess i should do that someday.

ammo and spread is matter of config

i give permission to reskins (camo selection works on addon and anyone can release his version of skins like desert, CDF, Takistan...)

so and you can do your own verision of config too as replacement config for cannons

no problem, than you can specify your own ammo and spread and other values

model is just model, config can change how you can use it :)

i used in Arma2 BIS explosions and now in Arma2 those different explosions give addonmaker many possibilities

if you will try my addons for A2 you will see that different ammo gives different explosion, cause in this game BIS made good job and gave us different default explosions

compare RPG thermobaric and heat warhead effects

compare 155 shot with tank heat or sabot ;]

so when you will try my M109 you will see that you dont need to pay money for DLC for M109 and 2S1

wheeled Dana is only in Polish pack (currently preparing for OA)

later after holidays i will prepare M109 and T80 and 2S1 for thermal vision

at the moment you have this artillery just by click "download" ;)

naah, im mor into realistic spread...

a 155mm howitzer usually have a target area that is about 25x50m bit in A2 and OA they have what? 5x5m? (seams like it anyway)

You can set the spread ( and delivery rate ) by coding up your own fire mission. Not hard really - the fire director in my addon calculates the appropriate number of mils to hit a group of targets at range and how many shells it should take to give a reasonable chance to damage/destroy that class of target. Should work just fine with Vilas' or anyone else's arty that is BIS ARTY friendly.

You can set the spread ( and delivery rate ) by coding up your own fire mission. Not hard really - the fire director in my addon calculates the appropriate number of mils to hit a group of targets at range and how many shells it should take to give a reasonable chance to damage/destroy that class of target. Should work just fine with Vilas' or anyone else's arty that is BIS ARTY friendly.

maybe people need "simple resolution" "put in mission editor and save"

if you have such skills, maybe you could do new config for this my addon ?

or it is only to do by mission-editor, not by config and action ?

Check out the documentation on the ECHO fire director, Vilas. I think it'll suit your needs.