Sign in to follow this  
aspire

New recoil, please make it go away

Okay i just downloaded patch 1.54, with the low res british forces etc.

It's all nice and great but theres 1 problem.

PLEASE take out the new recoil system!

I mean, its realistic and all but, it just makes the game less fun to play as you die everytime you encounter more than 1 or 2 enemys because you cant aim properly.

So yeaaa, take out the new recoil and youre good with me.

Maybe the old recoil system should be an option for the Recruit difficulty level, along with auto-aim (since it basically functioned as auto-reaim).

Yes thats a good idea for people who like firing in the air like an AA gun.

However,I personally just want it to be, gone...

I only know the demo version and to be honest i really liked more the old recoil, its really annoying to spend almost every time moving the mouse down.

In real life the recoil is relative.. depends on how and strength you hold the weapon.

Please make it more player friendly, else people will lose some interest due to the recoil values.

Edited by bravo 6
typo

Hmm... you are playing a simulator, just remember that fact. This is not meant to be a modern warfare clone where you kill 100's of enemies with no challenge and never has been.

If kills is all you worry about then you've bought the wrong game.

If you're getting bum rushed by multiple enemies and the only way out is to go Rambo, then you've done something wrong and deserve to get fragged.

Protip, shooting while slowly walking (or quickly walking, the walking is the key part) while standing will reduce the recoil a bit though obviously the downside is that you are moving around rather than taking cover. That or use a weapon of a smaller caliber like the m4/m16/mk16 and such where you can recover from the recoil a lot easier. (Also if your using ACE I think they made the recoil even more exaggerated but I'll have to check again)

I recommend HK416's for recoil, they are easy to learn with. When you start shooting the MK17s etc you really do need to practice a bit more... this video for reference

I only know the demo version and to be honest i really liked more the old recoil, its really annoying to spend almost every time moving the mouse down.

In real life the recoil is relative.. depends on how and strength you hold the weapon.

Please make it more player friendly, else people will lose some interest due to the recoil values.

The firmer I held my pistol, the more it shivered (or i shivered).

Granted, recoil seemed to be lower, but irl you have to readjust in any case. I prefer this system as it puts the player in the loop and adds a whole new level of skill.

My point is, even though its a simulation, and i like not going rambo but tactically and thoughtful, the new recoil system isnt player friendly, i just fired a m24 at a guy on a jeep and after 1 shot i was looking at the sky because the gun just stays as high as the recoil pushes it.

So not saying im bad or rambo or sth, when i have to put multiple bullets into a target to kill it, its almost impossible as i always have to adjust after every shot.

My point is just that i want the old arma2 recoil back, the one i and everyone else was fine with.

The new recoil is really good. It might not imitate real life recoil movement of the gun, but it does however reduce the rate of fire and accuracy of a shooter to something much more realistic, and through that simulates real life recoil/marksmanship. Instead of being able to shoot hole-in-hole at 400m with 30 shots we now have to make an effort to hit something at distance, and being prone (or having support in ACE) now really makes a difference.

ArmA2 doesn't fully simulate the body and weapon movement when shooting (it misses several different animations for that, and that probably would have to blend with other existing animations), but this is a fantastic compromise.

My point is, even though its a simulation, and i like not going rambo but tactically and thoughtful, the new recoil system isnt player friendly, i just fired a m24 at a guy on a jeep and after 1 shot i was looking at the sky because the gun just stays as high as the recoil pushes it.

So not saying im bad or rambo or sth, when i have to put multiple bullets into a target to kill it, its almost impossible as i always have to adjust after every shot.

My point is just that i want the old arma2 recoil back, the one i and everyone else was fine with.

wrong...There is no I and everyone else was fine with. There have been discussions about the current recoil for at least 2 months now, since betas went from A2 to OA.

The vast majority who actually give a fuck and have played Arma1 (who had proper recoil and sights misalignment in earlier versions) have stated that the new recoil system is wanted.

Please try to run your game without any mods/addons, test the recoil from every stance (you sure you were firing the m24 from prone position?), then come back here posting about your own comments, without making it like you were posting on behalf of the entire community...

EDIT:

about AI are cheating, they are not affected comments, you might want to reduce their skill a bit. Also, you are also cheating since you can respawn, you can (or some of you/us) think unlinked by coded behaviour, pathways etc...Cheating AI = FPDR

Edited by PuFu

Did you fire the M24 from the standing position?.... IRL you'd probably not even hit the first shot.

Sorry, no. The totally unrealistic recoil system has been a chief complaint for years. The old system was far too easy, unrealistic, and unbalanced the game.

The fact that you are relying on gross exaggerations to make your point probably underlies what was so wrong with the old system. I just sprinted 200m with the m24 then took a standing shot at a target 800m away. The target remained well within the field of view of the scope. That is really quite generous in comparison to real life.

Why don't you just turn auto-aim on?

hmm... You are playing a simulator, just remember that fact. This is not meant to be a modern warfare clone where you kill 100's of enemies with no challenge and never has been.

If kills is all you worry about then you've bought the wrong game.

+1.000

this thread is fail... the argument already happened at like the 2nd beta patch for OA... we all agreed the recoil was legit. I guess if you don't really like it you can always not install 1.54?

I'd like to chime in real quick - the only reason I don't like it is because it gives me hand cramps to keep having to drag the mouse down constantly and I know other people who have the same issue.

I've seen plenty of other games and mods do it worse, though, so there's at least that.

I like it, it actually makes you learn to use the weapon instead of being an auto aiming master like it was before. Requires the player to skillfully use the weapon (Even if it doesn't mimic recoil 100% realistically).

I also like the new recoil... it 'feels' right, and it need skills instead of just point, shoot, wait the sight to return, shoot, rinse and repeat. Now we have to point, shoot, wait the sight to stop moving, realign, shoot. I like it a lot. Keep it as it is please

Im all for the new recoil. It's just like the way Arma in general portrays its vehicle and air combat. Not 100% realistic, granted, but it makes the players behave and act whilst using the vehicle (or weapon) in a more realistic manner. (i.e. not "bang bang bang" but "bang....bang")

I wouldnt mind the new recoil if it wasnt so exaggerated. It needs to be toned down.

Alot of guns have become useless, such as any AK variant and all those Czech guns too.

I wouldnt mind the new recoil if it wasnt so exaggerated. It needs to be toned down.

Alot of guns have become useless, such as any AK variant and all those Czech guns too.

Negative, just need to get used to the new recoil

Also starting to seperate noobs from pros in MP. You still see people running around full auto with an MG lol. They can never hit anything.

Well last time I was at a shooting range, I could actually keep my rifle somewhat centered, it didn't SHOOT up 10 inches and just stay there.

On note about the recoils, like someone already mention, dont use any mod that change the recoil properties with this. For an example is Zeus AI. remove "zeu_OA_c_wep_Recoils.pbo" as this will make the recoil even more horrid. Especially MGs

I was wrong, for zeus_AI you should remove the zeu_c_anims_weaponsway.pbo. Thats the culprit that make the MG recoil extra horrendous

Edited by Mr_Centipede