Sign in to follow this  
Spyker2041

1.54 artillery computer problem

When I am in control of an artillery piece and go to computer no matter where I click on the map it says "warning" and wont let me fire a round, I have tried on several islands in several position and it always says the same thing, I have also noticed no ring is appearing for the limited range.

... Artillery pieces have minimum ranges, you cannot fire closer than the minimum range.

Ex: MLRS cant hit a target 20 meters in front of itself

... Artillery pieces have minimum ranges, you cannot fire closer than the minimum range.

Ex: MLRS cant hit a target 20 meters in front of itself

I said that it says warning ANYWHERE on the map. I tried firing about 200m away and it still said it.

I had the same issue... the artillery computer doesn't work with ACE. that issue has been fixed with today's RC3 release. i'm assuming you are running ACE because what you described is the exact same problem I had. turn off ACE and it works.

I have the same problems and I am using a vanilla version of OA.

Edit: Scratch that, I figured it out. Sorry for the waste of internet space.

You might not of had the arty pointing in the right direction. I had that prob with the Pondos mortar.

Hey, im having exactly the same problem.

the coordinates im given are given for my min/max engagement range are stupidily high even on close range.

Min = 35602

Max = 55388

That is on [semi-Close], my issue is that the server i play uses ace for all its games, i am currently patched up to the latest version so im wondering can i anyway edit these ranges without having to remove ACE from my game ? or is there a fix/way to cure this problem ?

thanks