Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Quite The Clusterf***

Okay so I run Ace2 1.5 with @JTD and @WarFX. How do I run Combined Operations (both games), with all my mods, in the most recent beta patch, through Steam? I've thought about this and got royally confused, maybe because I just woke up. Anyway any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

:rolleyes:

Oh and on a side note: When can us Steam users purchase the British forces pack?

Okay so I run Ace2 1.5 with @JTD and @WarFX. How do I run Combined Operations (both games), with all my mods, in the most recent beta patch, through Steam? I've thought about this and got royally confused, maybe because I just woke up. Anyway any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

:rolleyes:

Oh and on a side note: When can us Steam users purchase the British forces pack?

Hear is the answer for you.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101615&page=4

Read the last post. It is by me. This setup works 100%.

That... didn't really help me. I know how to run CO from Steam, but not how to get my mods to work with the beta in CO. Why can't the "Expansions" menu just work and have a simple 'click here to enable the mod' interface?

What you need is :this

It's going to keep you sane in this mess ;)

Oooh that's amazing! Thank you for that. I can figure everything else out, but I can't actually select my mods to run as the game launches. Double clicking and right clicking wont work, and there doesn't seem to be any buttons around that add the mods to the startup params.

(...) but I can't actually select my mods to run as the game launches. Double clicking and right clicking wont work, and there doesn't seem to be any buttons around that add the mods to the startup params.

sure you can

1. In "Addon Options" tab you can move mods up and down to give them priority to load.

2. In "Addons" tab you create groups on the right side and just put the tick to the ones that you want to launch.

give it 5 min. and you going to figure it out

screenshotus.th.png

I'm on steam too, I have around 40 different mods, run combined ops with the latest betas.

So, good luck :D

Edited by GROM64

We have some new members in our squad who bought it on steam. They had trouble getting vanilla arma 2 recognised in game when using a launcher. So we told them to copy the dta and addons folder to their arrowhead folder and then it worked.

We have some new members in our squad who bought it on steam. They had trouble getting vanilla arma 2 recognised in game when using a launcher. So we told them to copy the dta and addons folder to their arrowhead folder and then it worked.

to get the game recognized they need run ARMA 2 once before trying the A2:CO batch route ...

I'm not sure what you mean? When they started the game from steam without addons they had CO. However, most of us use launchers because at the moment we need to be able to switch different addons quite often. With launchers, Utes for example, was not recognized.

I did first direct them to the thread regarding getting Combined Operation working. The one with the batch files and registry tweaking. That turned out to be to complicated for some so didn't know what else to do.

I'm not sure what you mean? When they started the game from steam without addons they had CO. However, most of us use launchers because at the moment we need to be able to switch different addons quite often. With launchers, Utes for example, was not recognized.(...)

When they get "Combined Operations" from steam, they get 3 options:

1. run Arma 2

2. run Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead

3. run Arma 2: Combined Operations

For everything to work correctly they have to exercise option 1,

before they exercise option 3. :)

Edited by GROM64

They said they already started vanilla. However, when they used an external launcher on OA, vanilla content was not loaded.

I'm not sure what you mean? When they started the game from steam without addons they had CO. However, most of us use launchers because at the moment we need to be able to switch different addons quite often. With launchers, Utes for example, was not recognized.

I did first direct them to the thread regarding getting Combined Operation working. The one with the batch files and registry tweaking. That turned out to be to complicated for some so didn't know what else to do.

1st run of ARMA 2 means the product key and paths are written into registry

same goes for ARMA 2: OA

that's why before the STEAM ARMA 2: CO works, You need run ARMA 2 at least once ...

otherwise the system will fail to find ARMA 2 to use

same goes when path to ARMA 2: OA fails to be found