Sign in to follow this  
Zaplin

BAF voice

Is there a way of editing your game profile so that you don’t have the standard us voice

As I am brattish and I have the BAF mod it will be nice to be able to have a brattish voice in game :681:

Unless a mod comes out for it, it's not possible to make it so you're always speaking with a British voice. I just tried making myself always speak with a Czech voice by manually adding the CZ suffix to my voice configuration (Male02CZ) in my profile file, like you would when writing Identities in a description.ext file, and it just defaults back to Male01.

I, like Zaplin, really want to be able to select British Voices instead of US Voices.

Mainly coz I want the Scottish Voice I heard in the Chopper :cool:

A few other things worth mentioning;

1. Where the hell is the Challenger 2?!

2. The SUSAT has a RED triangle reticule, not GREEN. More often than not, in my experience, it doesn't even have a colour.

3. I like the Wallace Face, but no Claymore? :mad:

I haven't tried this yet because I'm just about to leave for work but I saw this line of code on an unrelated topic.

identityTypes[] = {"Head_CDF","Language_EN_EP1"};

It's in the config file of the particular unit. If you opened up the pbo of the unit you want to talk in a british accent and added whatever the code is for the BAF language, then shouldn't it speak with a British accent?

Can someone try it out? I'm already going to be late for work writing this....

1. Where the hell is the Challenger 2?!

Its being released in the next Brazilian DLC ;)

I haven't tried this yet because I'm just about to leave for work but I saw this line of code on an unrelated topic.

identityTypes[] = {"Head_CDF","Language_EN_EP1"};

It's in the config file of the particular unit. If you opened up the pbo of the unit you want to talk in a british accent and added whatever the code is for the BAF language, then shouldn't it speak with a British accent?

Can someone try it out? I'm already going to be late for work writing this....

Might try this out, but it's besides the point. Whilst I could script it into missions, I don't feel I should need to. You can select a myriad of American voices, why can't we pick different British accents?

Oh, and the Brazilians aren't getting our Chally 2, it stays ours... They can have it when it's out of service ;)

Posted by NEMORZ

Whilst I could script it into missions, I don't feel I should need to.

Nemorz, how would you go about scripting this into a mission? Would be a lot quicker and easier than my way of doing it.

Originally Posted by Zaplin

As I am brattish and I have the BAF mod it will be nice to be able to have a brattish voice in game

Originally Posted by TechnoTerrorist303

Clearly you're not...

I think Zaplin was taking the piss and writing with an accent. Anyone try my suggestion of changing the config file of a unit? I can't find the code that refers back to the BAF voices so I've had no luck.

I was going to buy this DLC purely for the fun of playing with proper BRITISH units, but there's still no "ENEMEH TAHNK ET THREE A CLOAK"?? :(

What? There are British radio voices. You just can only use them if you're playing as a British unit as of now. Might change somehow with a mod, update, or something, but who knows.

Keep in mind it would kill the immersion for those that doesn't have BAF full. The voices are so low quality I can't make out what they're saying. So I'd rather have a US replacement voice for BAF units if I don't have BAF myself.

What? There are British radio voices. You just can only use them if you're playing as a British unit as of now. Might change somehow with a mod, update, or something, but who knows.

Not quite, I've noticed unless the mission is scripted in such a way, generic radio commands use the default American voices. Which is a bit of a let down tbh. :( I'd love to be able to use the voices in MP.

Keep in mind it would kill the immersion for those that doesn't have BAF full. The voices are so low quality I can't make out what they're saying. So I'd rather have a US replacement voice for BAF units if I don't have BAF myself.

If it comes as a mod, then that's no issue, but I can see why BIS did what they did for the problem it may have caused.

Would love BIS to put out a "DLC Owners all British voices only" addon config for us :)

Not quite, I've noticed unless the mission is scripted in such a way, generic radio commands use the default American voices.

Ive played it and tested (SP though) and all friendly AI reply to me in their brit voices on the radio? Am I missing something? Are you just speaking for MP though? Edited by mrcash2009

All BAF units have the following:

identityTypes[] = {"Language_BAF","Head_BAF","BAF_Glasses"};

@MontyVCB, So i would have thought that in theory they automatically speak with a brit accent.

Each US voice selected in the player profile relates to a british voice (or thats the general idea). I guess you could mod that into the voice selection, being able to choose brit voices that is. Although, as long as a unit has the above identity types they should have a british accent anyway.

Each Male0x voice now has a BAF one associated with it, found by adding the suffix _BAF for it to become Male0x_BAF. Every British unit only uses a British accent that depends on the randomly assigned radio voice for it's sound. Every player's radio voice is also changed to a British accent based on his voice selection when he starts playing as one of the new British units.

If you're getting the American voices from British units, you're either playing a mission that forces that (SaOk's excellent The Battle of Zargabad is an example in it's current state) or there's something wrong with your install.

So how do you script for british voices in missions? Or can't you make non-BAF units use them at all?

Yep, it reminds me of weebl and bob :D. Really bad in the lite version.

You can make non-British units use them, as well as British units, all if you have a certain character. If you create an identity in your description.ext, give him the voice "Male01_BAF", set your playable unit to that character and preview, he'll always have a British voice. You just can't do it to your own profile.

Ah right, tahnks for the tip.

{EDIT}

If one wanted to configure units to use BAF voices (as in 3rd party via their configs in a pbo) what would they have to change there?

{FURTHER EDIT}

Ignore that last, just replaced code which the line stalker quotes earlier

Edited by RabidStoat
Too fast on the save button