Sign in to follow this  
MavericK96

ArmA 2: OA Beta Build 72967

to the complainers and whiners... don't use the patches if you don't like them. Stop whining about getting a beta patch 1 day after and asking for a hotfix... it doesn't work like that. Before they release a full patch there's a large process with QA and the sorts. With beta patches they have more freedom... evidentally they didn't have time to add these fixes in the patch. Move on and enjoy the support from the company!

Maybe you should read my 1st post properly mate.

If ppl want to whinge they can.... you're post is a whinge about whingers... dh.

to the complainers and whiners... don't use the patches if you don't like them. Stop whining about getting a beta patch 1 day after and asking for a hotfix... it doesn't work like that. Before they release a full patch there's a large process with QA and the sorts. With beta patches they have more freedom... evidentally they didn't have time to add these fixes in the patch. Move on and enjoy the support from the company!

Excuse me, I have every right to be concerned!! I am paying for a server I cannot use!! I am not whining I am trying to find a fix!! Ive been working with Defcon server for the last 4 hours trying to get the server working so we could join!! You pay my bill and i'll quit WHINING as you put it!! I love BI and their games, but there is a problem here with combined ops servers.

Roush

Excuse me, I have every right to be concerned!! I am paying for a server I cannot use!! I am not whining I am trying to find a fix!! Ive been working with Defcon server for the last 4 hours trying to get the server working so we could join!! You pay my bill and i'll quit WHINING as you put it!! I love BI and their games, but there is a problem here with combined ops servers.

Roush

YES, it is BIS's fault that a server host can't figure out how to patch the server...

That's why I rent a server box that I manage myself. I never have issues patching.

YES, it is BIS's fault that a server host can't figure out how to patch the server...

That's why I rent a server box that I manage myself. I never have issues patching.

I never said it was BIS fault! Its a known issue with combined ops servers through a number of server hosters. I'm trying everything i can to find a fix, and if I do I make sure I post the fix as others would do.

Roush

lol, i can't stand how people bicker on about how people are "SUPPOSED" to act on this forum. like they control everything. it's pretty egotistical.

Let's keep the bug reports coming in shall we?

[edit]

About the beta... I really think the incoming tracers are improved. The angle is much more narrow, you can see the tracer coming... just not directly at you. But if the that round coming at you goes up at an angle.. you can see it...

So about the tracers, if you can see it... you're probably gonna be okay :D

Edited by Mr_Centipede

ok with beta patch i can play again, but with 1.54 i cant play becouse its ask the disc. Please BI fix this on official patch next time.

ok with beta patch i can play again, but with 1.54 i cant play becouse its ask the disc. Please BI fix this on official patch next time.

There is nothing to fix, this is called "Copy protection"....which raises the question why you can't play it by simply inserting the disc....

Myke;1733838']There is nothing to fix' date=' this is called "Copy protection"....which raises the question why you can't play it by simply inserting the disc....[/quote']

he's busted :P

Okay - I'm really liking this new beta. The incoming tracer fire is really good. A lot better than the previous incarnation. It's still a bit strange where they're not visible directly in front of you, but if you turn approx 15 degrees away, you can see them whipping in towards you. Really good stuff though. Much improved. I think BIS didn't want them visible a while ago because of some hi-tech rounds that have a little battery and LED in the back of them (only visible from the rear), but I can't really see every unit in the game being equipped with them, especially Takistanian forces and so on.

It's so much more hectic and scary with the new ones :)

I haven't really checked anything else yet, still stuck on playing about with the tracers!

Okay - I'm really liking this new beta. The incoming tracer fire is really good. A lot better than the previous incarnation. It's still a bit strange where they're not visible directly in front of you, but if you turn approx 15 degrees away, you can see them whipping in towards you. Really good stuff though. Much improved. I think BIS didn't want them visible a while ago because of some hi-tech rounds that have a little battery and LED in the back of them (only visible from the rear), but I can't really see every unit in the game being equipped with them, especially Takistanian forces and so on.

It's so much more hectic and scary with the new ones :)

I haven't really checked anything else yet, still stuck on playing about with the tracers!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices this :D

Yeah the whole 1.54 patching has been a total p-piece of crap/time waster, Secrom bullshit, Mirriors all with corrupt files (not the e_pbo missions)Hashs are ALL wrong for Every DL link, except for the first try and it was a total Corrupt...worst patch experience since a A1 beta..

And BIS saying not there fault (again) when they have the Sites on the Official A2/OA site....Oh yeah DVD version, no Steam version then some other version for OA...for all the rest. different weights even on the same "version"...WTF, then the BAF, sprocket purchase, sprocket.exe was total waste of time DL manager, came up corrupt, redown its ok , but it DL a corrupt BAF..wtf... too , so on to Firefox, it was golden, got my BAF..pifft

PS: i used different Comps/IPs and homes to download the files...

But today i tried and the Hash and weight is good! Go Official Patch 154!!11!!

whatever..

Well back to this beta, ahh i can install it!

Well put the disc back in again then !
Myke;1733838']There is nothing to fix' date=' this is called "Copy protection"....which raises the question why you can't play it by simply inserting the disc....[/quote']
he's busted :P

i don't have a disk, i use sprocket files!!

I´m getting a lot of CTD with this beta i´m using VopSound mod

Run it without mods, if that solves it, alert the addonmaker.

@Polar Bear.... My AI are definitely fighting/operating just the same during my little battle scenario on this mission on the bare 1.54 build without beta. I don't see what you're talking about. It must be an isolated instance. I could even command my own squad to move to areas and they hop to it.

It's a bug fixed by this release. The BAF update caused the AI to stop moving when they entered combat mode. This patch fixes it.

Do you get an FPS boost with this patch even on multi-player servers with no AI? That would prove this explanation wrong. Also if you got an FPS boost even when ALL the AI are in non-combat mode (not only your squad but the enemy too) then that would also prove me wrong.

I was just suggesting a possibility.

Edited by Polar Bear

That's correct, patching a few servers on a single machine should never be an issue however when your talking about 20+ boxes with a handful of servers on each it gets a bit more complicated. Especially when almost every patch is succeeded with a volley of beta "fixes".. They really know how to ruin a day! ;)

We're just finishing up the last patching now and in light of the inconvenience this caused the powers that be are giving everyone a 1/2 month credit for the trouble. Hope that helps!

-R

i have found the following bugs which still need fixing.

Static defences such as the artilary will not engage, machine gun posts will engage when grouped but when not grouped will not fire, this happens most of the time, but theres the odd time when they do work.

the USMC LAV-25 will engage other APCs such as the BMP but will not fire its cannon or anything on a tank such as the T72 and T90

British APC cannon sounds are still not fixed this happens when ur not playing as the apc, but this bug happens if ur a soldier next to the apc

Edited by gibson23

Well put the disc back in again then !

hehe... +1

Since we have British Forces, do we still use the Beta patches??? If so, won`t cause any problems? Thx.

It shouldn't, AFAIK the difference between BAF and non-BAF 1.54 is that non-BAF patch will only use very low quality texture for BAF units

I have crash with this patch.......win xp 32 or win 7 64/catalyst 10.3 or 10.8 do the same problem

I can't play on most of servers cause they require this patch only.

My PC

Asus p5b MB

core 2 duo 6320

2 x 2 kingstone 800 ddr 2 dimm

hd 4850 1 Giga VGA

no, what I'm saying is that IT IS different, otherwise I wouldn't have wasted my time posting. see, I used the exact same mission as a testbed on 1.54 release as well as the last 4 betas prior to it. I saw nothing but improvement from all those betas and the 1.54 patch up until now.

Unfortunately you still wasted your time by not providing insight or thoughts on specifically why that is happening. Saying "I receive poor performance in this beta compared to other versions" is not going to help other people verify your claims or fix what may be a significant problem in future betas.

Providing your example mission and empirical evidence will.