Sign in to follow this  
Bad Pilot

A2 German download + OA UK DVD..?

I got seriously burned buying the German download of A2 in that there's never been a way to play it online in English. This means I've not been able to use the AI menus or custom mission menus since I stopped playing the original Arma.

Is there some magic by which I can play A2 in English after installing OA from a UK DVD?

What? You can play A2 in english even after installing OA from a german DVD!

Just look under options/ language. Possibility of switching from german to english and back is default setting for OA.

Who said anything about a German DVD? It was a petergames download and it's locked to German (thanks a bunch BIS).

Who said anything about a German DVD? It was a petergames download and it's locked to German (thanks a bunch Peter Games).

Language limitations are a publisher decision - fixed that for you.

It is weird though, considering that the German DVD version (also by Peter Games) had english enabled...

I don´t get it... my ArmA2 was german- only, too but if I play A2 content under Combined Operations I can choose language...

That's because language files are still there. Just global setting is limited to read only german from these files...

If you choose english in CO you will have english every place in game.

Who said anything about a German DVD? It was a petergames download and it's locked to German (thanks a bunch BIS).

Same here... yes you can choose English.

I have Arma 2 German petergames/Sprocket OA/BAF on one PC and US Arma 2 DVD/US OA DVD/BAF on other. Both in English, no problems...