Ive got BAF and just been messing in the editor,tried placing an IED and it's invisible can't see it on the map, anyone else come across this?

Lol, i only have the patch and when i place an IED there is only a Satchel what does nothing. But i only had an very short look, maybe there is a modul or another trick.

You can't place and use them as BLUFOR soldier.

Xeno

Xeno

Well ive tried all the factions,and moduls but still cant see it .very strange..

Xeno

Wow, really? How utterly and unnecessarily restrictive! :mad:

Perfectly reasonable if you ask me. West have most of the technology, east should have most of the improvised stuff. In fact I'd love to see a lot more of this stuff for east (and insurgents). Let everyone have their uniqueness. It's supposed to be assymetric. Addons will make everything blend anyways.

Just for the record, classname: "IED_placement_BAF"

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Perfectly reasonable if you ask me. West have most of the technology, east should have most of the improvised stuff. In fact I'd love to see a lot more of this stuff for east (and insurgents). Let everyone have their uniqueness. It's supposed to be assymetric. Addons will make everything blend anyways.

Sure, but the whole point of wanting official IEDs is to AVOID having to have billions of addons for everything. Maybe someone wanted to be unique and have captured BLUFOR pilots use IEDs to escape from captivity or something... well, guess we need an addon for that now.

AddOns for one single item or concept suck. A lot. Anything that can be done to avoid needing them is a Great Thingâ„¢ :)

I always wondered why mounting an air vehicle is not restricted to pilots only. I mean, why having such pilot units anyway? Same with heavy armor and crewmen.

Or why ammo crates containing OPFOR weapons can also accessed by BLUFOR and the other way around.

And I always answered to myself: why restricting it in the first place, when it can be arranged by the mission makers themselves...

Like better to have all the freedom and the possibility to arrange things with scripts, than hardcoded restrictions nobody can work with at all.

Now, this IED concept really confuses me.

AddOns for one single item or concept suck.

totally agree.

With regard to IEDs. Is there a way to have them (1 or 2) just randomly placed when creating a mission in the editor. So that when you play it, you are not aware if / where they will go off.

Also, are IEDs in A2/OA....wired, cell activiated or both?

Anyone know how to actually use them? Once I was able to get something that looked like an IED out of it, but I have no clue what I did, nor was I able to "activate it". And I forgot to have a west engineer I could switch to to see if I got this new defuse action.

Anyone know how to actually use them? Once I was able to get something that looked like an IED out of it, but I have no clue what I did, nor was I able to "activate it". And I forgot to have a west engineer I could switch to to see if I got this new defuse action.

Press F till it shows up, then "Fire" (fire button) to place it.

Behaviour is exactly like a satchel.

Xeno

With regard to IEDs. Is there a way to have them (1 or 2) just randomly placed when creating a mission in the editor. So that when you play it, you are not aware if / where they will go off.

Also, are IEDs in A2/OA....wired, cell activiated or both?

Thats what im trying atm, i've found the IEDs in the empty rucsacks catagory but when you place one the map its invisible,and cant be used or detonated via the scroll menu..

I'm not getting it. Not showing up as actions or in the fire list. Seems to bug as well, it is just dragged along the ground with me, didn't notice it was actually there until I switched to 3rd person. I'm not having BAF though, but I don't expect this to be a unique feature of BAF (all engineers seems to be given the defuse action if I look in the configs).

dont be blind guys...

take a look under Ammo Crates:)

Explosives Stash....cough

I also don't have the BAF DLC, just place a playable Taki soldier and an Explosive Stash in the editor.

Take an IED out of the Stash and press F until it shows up in the upper right corner. Press the fire button and you will see an ugly thing on the ground :P

That's the IED and you can detonate it like a satchel (and even set a timer).

Xeno

Edit: Explosive Stash seemed to make the difference :p Thanks. But, yeah, these are just normal pipe bombs with better graphics (and possibly different yield), which I'm also able to put down as west engineer. But the action I get is the normal disarm, not the new defuse. I'm guessing there is more to this story somehow...

Edited by CarlGustaffa

mh strange..i own BAF and it works for me if i place the explosives stash crate, pick it up, then i can handle it like a satchel, no bugs so far and finally IEDS....:)

might really be a bug without BAF

I guess you should check your OA install. The IEDs in the stash all have models.

It's just some kind of satchel that looks different.

But you have to play as an OPFOR unit or resistance (haven't checked civilians yet).

Edit:

Hm... now I'm confused too. I could place it as US soldier too. Weird.

Xeno

Yeah ive finally found them in the Explosive's Stash, but the IEDs are also listed in the backpacks under empty, so you can just place them in the map as you would with a backpack,but they dont show when you place them on the map?

Yes, no problems with the IEDs in the stash. All my problems was related to the IED backpack class. The cool thing is that the preview image (when you have the IED backpack) shows a car ;) So there must be a connection to VBIEDs somehow... I hope...

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Only thing that makes IEDs better than satchels ATM is the model... Damn, it's hard to spot these things. And place them in the grass... No way to know it's there

well guess thats the idea of IEDS:)

im sure wel find out soon how to use them.

would be cool if BIS would update their BIKI with the release of stuff, but cant have everything..^^

So how do you place an IED in the editor, have a fuse time on it, ie 30 mins, and let BlueForce defuse it within this time.

Does this need a script?

ie

If Blueforce comes within 10metres of object they have 20 seconds to defuse?

Can / will the enemy AI (Tak Militia) use IEDs? If you place them in the editor?