Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

CO@ 20 Into the hills Panthera [sandbox]

This is sandbox / free roam mission for Panthera island powered by WICT.

15wi3bd.jpg

Click on image to enlarge.

• It is COOP 20 players in two teams.
  • Excellent map with jungles, hills and mountains and desert.
  • Fully populated world aka. dynamically created battlefronts (World in Conflict Tool WICT) with fighting in hills - don't expect obvious battles and armor etc. -- there are helicopters for you, but if happens that you are down suddenly -- watch your back.
  • Norrin's revive script - 60 sec.
  • Roles - you start with your equipment - you will have to find the place to rearm, or you can take from dead soldiers.
  • SecOp + support and supplies -- for both leaders.
  • Unlimited transport + spawning choppers at the base (coming soon).
  • You are starting behind enemy lines on small island.
  • There are two safe zones you can use to rearm + HQ.
  • If you want to capture OPFOR HQ it would be wise to capture bases around first, since they provide reinforcements during battle.
  • The main task here is to find two antennas and decode the signal. However, there are many bases around and you can finish this mission by helping BLUFOR forces to capture OPFOR HQ. It is your choice. Complete free roaming. There are zones with low activity and zones with high activity. Like in any other sandbox game it is completely your choice where to go.

Here is download link for the mission:

Armaholic mirror

v1.21 -- 07 September 2010

-- compatible with WICTv3.5

older fixes:

-- added deployable transport at the base (radio call Charlie)

-- fixed BLUFOR HQ trigger (was firing only once... :()

--compatible with WICT v3.2

Required addon:

World in Conflict Tool WICT light version v3.5 -- you can also read about features there and download example for Utes or OA template (full version).

Required map:

Island Panthera v2.61

There is plenty to do on this map. I understand this mission might not be perfect, fighting in hills and valleys, but I like the map and I wanted to make first mission with WICT, since no one else did.

I will test it myself and add things where needed, so stay updated, since there will be new versions, that's for sure.

It took me one day to make it (not counting developing WICT v3.0), so adding more stuff won't be a problem.

Therefore, any suggestions, comments etc. are more than welcome, so I can make it better.

Best regards,

ArmAIIholic

Edited by ArmAIIholic

known issues so far:

-- patrol chopper crashes due to low hight

-- small number of pre-placed patrols

-- problems (?) with trigger at OPFOR HQ

will check and fix it soon

I fixed the problems addressed up and uploaded new version v1.1

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Small fixes and tweaks in version v1.2a.

Last night I played with your mission: it is great with unique approach! It is real sandbox and it requires some more hours to finish it!

You can also check The Road to the Altar by zapat

Cheers

Oho-ho, thanx man, I am really honored. Wau [speechless], greetings and thanx from Serbia.

Edited by ArmAIIholic

I absolutely love this map, the best i've found so far.

There is only one problem, i'd really really really like OA stuff in it, like thermal vision, ability to pick up stationary grenade lauchers etc. etc.

Well I am little bit confused with who uses A2, who uses OA and CO. There is a template for OA, but I didn't have time to make anything for OA yet, and I don't have it installed yet.

I like vanilla A2 and next project will be free roam Chernarus. After that I will go to OA.

Maybe someone else will post OA till then.

Anyway, thanx you for replying, I also love this map since it has huge variate of terrains.

I was thinking about that, but what about people using vanilla A2 :o

I think I will make separate A2 and OA versions. I am working on some WICT tweaks to make better sandbox games. Maybe I will include VTS.

Everyone worth their salt uses Combined Ops .... or they cannot call themselves a true Armed Assault nutcase !

I was thinking about that, but what about people using vanilla A2 :o

You are a very kind person, AIIh!

Finally got a little time to try this (haven't been able to keep up with the rapid releases of WICT recently). Very enjoyable. I wonder if anyone has this up on an MP server, as it would be a really good experience with 20 people.

A couple of minor suggestions/issues:

- Pretty much every time I requested 'support', the UH1Y got stuck in Panthera's trees. Of course, this is a problem related to Bis' heli AI not being designed specifically to be compatible with Panthera, rather than a WICT problem.

- I think it would be better to not be able to capture flags at all whilst in a vehicle. I'm really thinking about the problem of being able to just hover over a flag in a helicopter and capture it after about ten seconds: too easy! It's no problem to allow the AI to capture in this way, but I think it would be better to disallow the player from being able to do so.

-SECOPs offers you a task on the other side of the map. You accept it, only to be told two minutes later that you failed to complete it. I don't use SECOPs often, but I don't remember it being this annoying: is it giving objectives that are further away than usual, or harsher time-limits than usual?

Cheers,

I am aware of that :(

-- problem with Pathera map and support is really pain in...

-- I will fix that, but I though in the first time it is also a skill to do that (hover above) while enemy is shooting at you, but it is easy to cut it out.

-- yeap, I know.... New mission Hornet's nest is better, SecOp missions are closer with 60% on every 2 min of being given to player. I will fix it in this mission too.

In your opinion Richey79 what is the best *frequency* for SecOp missions.

You have to take into account probability and time interval.

E.g. 40% on every 3 min.....

Edited by ArmAIIholic

I'm sure this is a dumb question , but how do I run the mission? I created a modfolder w/ panthera , WICT and the mission all together in the arma2/@panthera/addons directory, panthera loads fine however I don't see the co@20 mission.

panthera goes to @panthera, WICT goes in @WICT folder, and mission goes to your multiplayer missions MPMissions

Due to many tasks I have to finish I won't probably be able to adapt this mission for upcoming WICT v4.0.

However if you liked this mission and concept help me make new mission from the start.

I made an announcement for Isla Duala.