Sign in to follow this  
kremator

How to get new arty interface to work in editor ?

Anyone know a quick and dirty method as I am having problems?

Erm...place a M119 with player = gunner, click preview and select ballistic computer in action menu, click on map for target (set range close/med/far to see ranges on map) and click fire button?

LOL I thought it was a remote interface .... DOH !

EDIT:

Strange that places well within the firing distance are not allowed (showing WARNING).

Edited by Kremator

I was hoping this would allow control of AI gunners too, like a mortar platoon/howitzer battery. :( Still, this is a vast improvement over the previous manual arty aiming interface.

I was hoping this would allow control of AI gunners too, like a mortar platoon/howitzer battery. :( Still, this is a vast improvement over the previous manual arty aiming interface.

I was hoping the same thing, Has anyone tried to use the AI?

I was hoping the same thing, Has anyone tried to use the AI?
A.I. is working fine...but is has to be your A.I. with you in command. Just point on the map or into terrain and give fire command.

thanks for the info, hope BI expanses on this new feature in the future

A.I. is working fine...but is has to be your A.I. with you in command. Just point on the map or into terrain and give fire command.

OK, I got it now. You select the AI gunner, say #2 is on another tube. So, press F2. Then, top option should be "Fire at position". You can do this visually if in 1st/3rd person view, they will fire at the point the hud reticule is at. You can also do it on map. Select gunner, highlight this option, and the map click will set the target.

I LOVE it! :) Mortars were very underused before, at least in my groups gaming, this will be changing real quick. The Stryker mortar carrier being made functional with the patch doesn't hurt either.

Edited by Baron von Beer

firing artillery not working, when I click fire it's saying warning. I know its a problem on my end so any help out there? in asking the AI to fire is also not working?

Trying to fire within minimum or beyond maximum range. There will be 2 blue range rings, the innermost is min range, outer naturally is max. Both change depending on charge power (close, medium, long (or far, forget what it's called) from the drop down box on the right.

Close range with a mortar has nearly no min range, but long range rounds, especially with the bigger toys can be pretty substantial.

im useing the D-30 in it will not fire is there a module I need to put down?

No, just stay outside of the minimum range (and inside of the maximum range). Warning only occurs if you click inside the minimum or outside the maximum ranges. As for AI, should be just select AI, then in the quick command menu point when you want the rounds to land (in 3D view or in map).

Could somebody break this new artillery thing down cuase no matter where I click on the map it says cannot execute. Ive tried mortars, m119 and grouped it with a rifleman. What Am I doing wrong??

I finally seen the circles but on the close range is bigger then all Takistan. :( OK So as me playing the mortar I can fire it, but I cannot order anyone to fire it.:(

Edited by Mikey74

Is it still necessary to swap out ammo for ARTY_ rounds with the updated module?

LOL I thought it was a remote interface .... DOH !

EDIT:

Strange that places well within the firing distance are not allowed (showing WARNING).

When you get that 'not in firing rang message' (or whatever it says), just go through the menu again, like you did to originally request arty, I believe it will then set the firing coordinate.

OK, I got it now. You select the AI gunner, say #2 is on another tube. So, press F2. Then, top option should be "Fire at position". You can do this visually if in 1st/3rd person view, they will fire at the point the hud reticule is at. You can also do it on map. Select gunner, highlight this option, and the map click will set the target.

I LOVE it! :) Mortars were very underused before, at least in my groups gaming, this will be changing real quick. The Stryker mortar carrier being made functional with the patch doesn't hurt either.

When using the "fire at target" command from my action menu:

If I place a Blufor M252, grouped to my playable character, and synchronized to the arty module, when I command the AI mortar to "fire at target", he will fire his rounds, but none of them ever land. Nothing ever happens. Yet, if I man the mortar myself, it works fine. The mortar is within range, confirmed by me being able to hit the target easily if I man an empty mortar in the same position myself. Although, it is near the end of my longest possible range.

The other way i tried it is by placing an empty mortar, ungrouped to anything, synched to the arty module, and adding a Blufor AI man to my group. In mission, I tell my AI man to enter the mortar. Then I give the "fire at position" command. The AI will refuse to fire the mortar, saying CANNOT FIRE, ADJUST COORDINATES! The mortar is within range, confirmed by me being able to hit the target easily if I man an empty mortar in the same position myself.

When experimenting with the way the units are grouped and synched, I have also gotten the "cannot execute" reply.

So, an empty mortar crewed in-mission by an AI subordinate refuses to fire, even though it is definitely within range, and a Blufor mortar that is already crewed will fire rounds, but they never actually impact or do anything. Yet, manning it myself, it works just fine.

What am I missing?

Edited by Eclipse4349