Sign in to follow this  
nedley

Sproket's Download Manager Fix

I see many people are suffering from missing 'msvcp71.dll' messages when trying to open Sproketidea's download manager.

Here is the solution.

Windows 7:

Download the 2 files needed

If you are using Windows 7 64-bit then you need to put both dll files inside the Windows/SysWOW64 folder as shown in the screenshot below.

SysWow64-Windows-7.png

If you are using Windows 7 32-bit then you need to put both dll files inside Windows/System32 folder as shown in the screenshot below.

dllfilestosystem32windows7.png

Windows XP:

Copy 2 files into your C:\WINDOWS\system32

Goto Start, then 'Run'. Type: "regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcp71.dll" -without the quotation marks.

Will update with any further issues.

Happy gaming.

I've posted this in the DLC thread as well.

This actually works. Well, for win 7 64 at least. Got dl speed of 12 meg as well, which is pretty good!

this fix is just full of win. I was ready to massacre lots of innocent kittens or something till Jan from sprocket pointed me to this lol thanks for the info!

I see no reason to install the Sprocket downloader when at the bottom of the page there is direct links to the files for download.

I just used browser download with the Free Download Manager program, got it at 650kbs in just under 10 minutes.

I see no reason to install the Sprocket downloader when at the bottom of the page there is direct links to the files for download.

Because for a very large part of yesterday the download speeds via the direct link were running so slow you would have been quicker developing the software yourself. If it's running faster now then that's great.