Sign in to follow this  
rautapalli

AI units stop moving in danger mode.

I just noticed this after patching to 1.54.

I'm in a squad that has about 4 AI soldiers. I gave them a waypoint and set the mode to combat. At the beginning of the mission, the AI units just run into cover and NEVER move again. Before they would move from cover to cover until they reach the destination, but now they just run to the nearest cover and stay there until they get killed.

Anyone else noticed this?

EDIT: Same thing happens in stealth mode.

EDIT2: This also happens if I'm not in the squad, so it doesn't have anything to do with the player.

Edited by Rautapalli

Yep, confirmed.

Gamebreaker ?

Xeno

Must be something with the FSM's or anything conflicting with it, would love to find the error but i havent been able to dePbo the contents yet..

Yep, tried and tested, as soon as you set the danger mode they seem to form up on the leader the WP is assigned to. Often they will keep moving until they reach this.

Setting them to alert or at ease allows them to carry on.

Someone should add this to the community bug tracker now that it's confirmed by multiple people.

I am not observing this in vanilla Operation Arrowhead 1.54 on Desert.

I am afraid some more specific repro steps are needed for this problem.

I just noticed this after patching to 1.54.

I'm in a squad that has about 4 AI soldiers. I gave them a waypoint and set the mode to combat. At the beginning of the mission, the AI units just run into cover and NEVER move again. Before they would move from cover to cover until they reach the destination, but now they just run to the nearest cover and stay there until they get killed.

Anyone else noticed this?

EDIT: Same thing happens in stealth mode.

EDIT2: This also happens if I'm not in the squad, so it doesn't have anything to do with the player.

It was very easy to repro for me... Running Combined Operation 1.54.

Simply place yourself as a squad leader, send your squad to a waypoint, then set combat mode to danger while they're moving. They will just go prone and wont move anymore. Same thing happens for stealth mode.

Here is an example mission:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/AI_bug.Desert_E_.zip

One of the teams has a normal move waypoint. They reach the destination fine.

The two other groups have move waypoints, but one of them has the mode set to combat and one of them has it set to stealth.

You can see that those two groups only move forward about 50-100m and stay there, and never reach the destination.

EDIT: I'm also running Combined Operations, if that matters.

Edited by Rautapalli

Very simple Vanilla CO 1.54

Example

You are Teamleader, all 7-2 (danger), all move 100m twelve o'clock.

The units move a little (few meters) and stop (crouch or prone) and never move again, never go where you ordered.

Okay this is weird... i could repro it in the editor but i cant repro it in warfare BE online, somehow its working fine there :confused::confused: (and yes, im sure the server is 1.54)

Testing it yesterday I could also reproduce it in an Editor mission on Zagrabad (vanilla Comb. Ops). First it looked like they move just fine doing the bounding overwatch "Going!" thingy, but evenually they stopped. An idea I had was that the bounding overwatch loop might somehow be broken - maybe waiting for me, an imaginary team member or just not looping because of some other never fulfilled condition...

Edited by WhoCares

Yup as soon as they're in combat or stealth mode that's it they stay put and never move again. Makes it impossible to script an AI attack on a position. Soon as they detect enemies they stop advancing forever.

I see this in vanilla AO on Zagrabad just dropping a few groups with the editor.

this is indeed, absolutly gamebreaking:eek:

also its very easy to reproduce. fixing it in a upcoming patch or beta isnt enough this time. there is no way you can enjoy SP right now. please fix it asap BIS!

Lets see if BIS are releasing a hotfix or betapatch asap...

Guess that they had to rush the fullpatch without testing it much because of BAF release. Deadlines aren't always developers best friend. ;)

I was running a MP server last night and had a lot of trouble with the AI players. The were taking ages getting in and out of vehicles and also suddenly refusing to do anything. Using the 'done' command in the comms sometimes fixes this but I do remember it happening with vanilla Arma2 back in the day. It seems to have come back.

Yeah sorry should have mentioned my version.

Arma2 + OA, I installed BAF before updating to 1.54 (though it was mentioned that it wouldn't make a difference)

Also affects High command as happens in the Scenario:

B05 'Concrete Oasis'

Set your infantry squad a waypoint anywhere, then once they are moving, change the WP's 'combat mode' to either danger or stealth and the squad leader will stop, shortly followed by the rest of the squad.

This is problematic as it's now not possible to have an inf squad sneak into position.

Edited by Electricleash

I had this last night, too. We were in enemy territory, place was crawling. Had to use several commands to make them move. As soon as we did, they saw some enemy and went back in freeze. Took a while to get to a safer spot.

But to my joy, I Just saw that the latest patch addresses this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=106371

Way to go BIS!

Here is an example mission:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/AI_bug.Desert_E_.zip

One of the teams has a normal move waypoint. They reach the destination fine.

The two other groups have move waypoints, but one of them has the mode set to combat and one of them has it set to stealth.

You can see that those two groups only move forward about 50-100m and stay there, and never reach the destination.

EDIT: I'm also running Combined Operations, if that matters.

Just to confirm I was able to reproduce the issue with this repro. Thanks everyone for reporting.

And I can confirm that it's fixed in the latest beta patch.

Thanks for fixing it so fast!

It's not fixed yet! Please release the patch to the main release... it's great that it's in beta but this is a show stopper for many missions so we should get it out quick. Perhaps with a very small update to the main release that includes only this fix.