Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

ArmA2:Oa Patch 1.54 released!

Yes guns do come back with proper military training, any soldier knows this.

Please, i have fired FNC and G3, neither is a problem on semi.

I'll repeat for people who didn't get it :

nearly != exactly

Gun do not come back exactly at the same place, like they were doing with old recoils (I'm talking about coming back to the exact same pixel place), permitting long range spam with precise fire that completely stupid and unrealistic (gameplay and realism breker).

I again tested long time last night, CQB is a non issue, the recoil factor on 5.56 weapons is that low that you can CQB as easily as before

Just because you don't get blown away by firing IRL doesn't mean you can fire accurately with high ROF IRL like you could with the old recoil. It's just not possible, bullets simply won't hit the same place. Take a real weapon and give it a try. Heck take an almost recoil-less weapon (bbgun or whatever) and even with that you'll see that your rapid fire doesn't hit the exact same spot.

that 16 page thread is 2 or 3 versions of the recoil old ...

also there were several threads started with new version of the recoil and so on ...

so don't quote something what's already obsolete by these updates

anyway nobody said that recoil isn't gunna be fixed (where it become clear it's buggy) or tweaked where it's either too low or too big ...

I love it just the way it is!:D

Yes guns do come back with proper military training, any soldier knows this.

Please, i have fired FNC and G3, neither is a problem on semi.

I hate to quote myself, but anyway, from the first Recoil thread in the Beta-forum:

While I don't consider myself a seasoned shooter, well, maybe seasoned but not shooting that much, I still wonder what they taught us ~15 years ago in my military service with the Bundeswehr.

Why oh why did they make us go prone, rest the G3 on a sandback shooting targets at 200m, shot by shot, re-aiming again and again. Shouldn't they just have told us to hold the rifle, aim, close the eyes, shoot - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - shot - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - shot... Some magic (or muscle memory) should have gotten us back right on target in between :confused:

Seriously, I never really tried, but I'd not expect the third shot to hit a 50x50cm target at that distance while resting on a sandback - not even thinking about freely holding the rifle...

So I like the new system, even though I must admit that I yesterday wasted a 200 round belt shooting the new thermal sight MG (M249, iirc) in 3-round burst while engaging some Opfor ~600m away, just killing one. For shooting it prone the spray was probably a bit excessive, but considering the range it might be okay again.

Should move the combat a little closer again and it will be nice to look again in opponents faces. Even though one wonders what people complain about - the great shots the people here consider themselve shouldn't the first shot have killed the enemy already?!

Just think of it, every millimeter the tip of your rifle strays away is already 10cm @100m, 20cm @200m, a.s.o. (simplifying the length of the barrel to 1m). And 1mm is nothing even while just normally aiming, not mentioning when you release a shot...

The ammo wastage applies to yesterday (originally written almost two month ago) as well, when I played the BAF single mission where you are a machine gunner - even though the distance was much shorter :(...

Edit: Just noticed that this is not the new recoil thread. Probably we should take this discussion over there...

Edited by WhoCares

Just because you don't get blown away by firing IRL doesn't mean you can fire accurately with high ROF IRL like you could with the old recoil. It's just not possible, bullets simply won't hit the same place. Take a real weapon and give it a try. Heck take an almost recoil-less weapon (bbgun or whatever) and even with that you'll see that your rapid fire doesn't hit the exact same spot.

High ROF, basically no recoil, standing.

If you try that in BAF you'll end up facing the moon at the end of the clip.

See what you're missing is that every tiny movement you see on the actual weapon translates into a very big miss on the actual target 100m away. There's no way he can put bullets right on top of eachother with how he's shooting and how much his weapon is moving.

See what you're missing is that every tiny movement you see on the actual weapon translates into a very big miss on the actual target 100m away. There's no way he can put bullets right on top of eachother with how he's shooting and how much his weapon is moving.

And which system shows that best, the old or the new. The answer is the new since atleast i can't see that gravity stops working in the clip and some force of nature is holding the weapon 10 cenetimerts above where it was when he pulled the trigger like in the current system.

A10 GAU8 crosshair is a bit of to the left again:(. Didnt test other planes. Sorry if this was already mentioned but I was quite disapointed to see this now.

I'm okay with the new recoil on the whole, though it would be better if

1. it were slightly toned down, and

2. the sights didn't crawl upward.

I wouldn't mind too much on recoils but would rather see other things being fix. Thinking positive is that with the new recoil everyone shoot worst...thus longer lasting mp games. :)

A10 GAU8 crosshair is a bit of to the left again:(. Didnt test other planes. Sorry if this was already mentioned but I was quite disapointed to see this now.

This is a bug now, all airplane and tank cross hairs are no longer centered unless you are either a Crewman class or Pilot class.

Everytime I try to use the new artillery system via AI I get

only error response:

"cannot execute, adjust coordiantes"

Very good.

I think lies question of trifles and little mistake when servers with patch 1.54 will not it work.

What about the problem of male voice that casts all players and puts the server to create game. This really is great and the fallacies that if the setback.

Sorry gentlemen of BI because there are communities and clans that can not play in their private servers and still the problem unsolved

Not everyone wants the baf, maybe you want the mod of their armed forces.

So there are many people who are thinking about quitting to play this simulator.

Menber of ARMADOS <A2>EL PENCO

And with permission of the administrators leave this text in Castellano

Muy buenas.

Me parece metira que se trate de cosillas y pequeño fallo cuando hay servidores que con el parche 1.54 no funcioman.

Que pasa con el problema del voice male que echa a todos los jugadores y pone al servidor en crear partida. Esto si es grande y no las falacias de que si el retroceso.

Perdon señores de BI porque hay comunidades y clanes que no pueden jugar en sus servidores privado y sigue el problema SIN RESOLVERSE

No todo el mundo quiere el baf , a lo mejor quiere el mod de sus fuerza armadas.

Por eso hay muchas persona que se estan pensando el dejar de jugar a este simulador.

Mienbro de armados <A2>ELPENCO

Edited by EL PENCO

I'm sorry, but it doesn't make any sense.

And the few that seems understandable talk about issues I've not seen. 1.54 servers not working? I wonder on which servers I play, then....

male voice making player disconnect? server restart? oO wtf are you smoking?

Very good.

I think lies question of trifles and little mistake when servers with patch 1.54 will not it work.

What about the problem of male voice that casts all players and puts the server to create game. This really is great and the fallacies that if the setback.

Sorry gentlemen of BI because there are communities and clans that can not play in their private servers and still the problem unsolved

Not everyone wants the baf, maybe you want the mod of their armed forces.

So there are many people who are thinking about quitting to play this simulator.

Menber of ARMADOS <A2>EL PENCO

And with permission of the administrators leave this text in Castellano

Muy buenas.

Me parece metira que se trate de cosillas y pequeño fallo cuando hay servidores que con el parche 1.54 no funcioman.

Que pasa con el problema del voice male que echa a todos los jugadores y pone al servidor en crear partida. Esto si es grande y no las falacias de que si el retroceso.

Perdon señores de BI porque hay comunidades y clanes que no pueden jugar en sus servidores privado y sigue el problema SIN RESOLVERSE

No todo el mundo quiere el baf , a lo mejor quiere el mod de sus fuerza armadas.

Por eso hay muchas persona que se estan pensando el dejar de jugar a este simulador.

Mienbro de armados <A2>ELPENCO

I cannot relate to (and hardly understand) what you are saying. I have been playing with the same clan since last autumn and I don't think I've experienced a game breaking bug in Arma2/Arrowhead that had to do with the game engine.

only error response:

@WaffelO

On what island do you test what artillery system...?

I was testing all systems on dessert island and found out that only the mortars worked there due to minimum-distances limitations... on the other islands all systems worked wel... :)

only error response:

This message tends to occur when you issue a fire order to a MLRS or Katyusha truck that is too close for indirect fire. They can't be ordered to fire within their minimum indirect range radius and they won't do any direct fire. If you order them to fire at a target very far away, then they will fire.

Hola a todos , yo tambien Tengo Problemas con El Servidor, desde que actualice a la versión 1.54. Cuando intento cargar una mision este es El Mensaje que sale "bin \ config.bin/CfgVoicetypes/Male05.Alternative " y me expulsa al iterfaz de Misiones .

Cual es El Problema y cual es la solucion ?

Gracias Por Vuestra Ayuda

Edited by Jose

English please... this is an english language forum... even if it is an international forum, but english is the medium of communication here

Por favor, escriba en Inglés a partir de ahora, o el uso de Google Translate, ya que esto es un foro Inglés-solamente. ;)

Please type in English from now on, or use Google Translate, as this is an English-only forum.

Fortunate they look rather poo in the patch.

I’m glad i spent the whopping £6 on the full DLC.

Seriously though guys, if you haven’t got it, i fully recommend you do.

My only bugbear is that there are no planes, tanks, specops or support vehicles. :(

But still its worth the £6 you would probably spend on coffee or fags in a week anyway.

Go get it this weekend lads.

When do they release an official patch to fix the problems for example with the behaviour of AI? Beta is not an option to me. Do they wait till the next DLC? This problem makes the game unplayable. It doesn't have to be the biggest patch but 1.55 wouldn't be the problem!?!

When do they release an official patch to fix the problems for example with the behaviour of AI? Beta is not an option to me. Do they wait till the next DLC? This problem makes the game unplayable. It doesn't have to be the biggest patch but 1.55 wouldn't be the problem!?!

Hmm, need to explain a little more mate.