Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

ArmA2:Oa Patch 1.54 released!

I've just had another STEAM OA update - This one was 16MB (this is after the v1.54 update)

Same here, thanks BIS for the last update :)

i cant even install this blooming patch. i downloaded it twice from different sources and i been bombarded with soo many errors. some say cant find file EXPANSION\ADDONS\air_e.pbo EXPANSION\ADDONS\animals.pbo EXPANSION\ADDONS\ca_e.pbo EXPANSION\ADDONS\dubbingradio_e.pbo.

full log:

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

ARMA2 OA

ArmA 2 OA: Updating version 1.52 to version 1.54...

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\AIR_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\AIR_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\ANIMALS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\CA_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\DUBBINGRADIO_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\DUBBINGRADIO_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file EXPANSION\ADDONS\dubbingradio_e.pbo, phase 1.

i give up. Hope someone can help me out. cheers

Im having a 1.2gb update on Steam.

?????????

at leats yours is updating. mine aint!

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

ARMA2 OA

ArmA 2 OA: Updating version 1.52 to version 1.54...

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\ANIMALS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\CA_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file EXPANSION\ADDONS\dubbingradio_e.pbo, phase 1.

Just 1.2? I think I had 1.7.

Any idea what the "extra" download changed?

K got the artillery working for MLRS and cannon, the range for fire has to be outside the circle lol. Love the new artillery option.

What I will pay for:

Additional infantry units, vehicles, and islands.

(Chinese (OPFOR), Israeli (BLUFOR) please)

What I expect for free:

Bug fixes, performance improvements, UI improvments. (AI, go where I tell you damn you, and please take the shortest path.)

The former is contingent on the latter.

If BIS continues to fix the issues, improve the interface and performance, I will continue to buy additional armies (unless you add Martians or zombies, in which case I am done).

Edited by blackettle

since this patch has been released every time i shoot my aim keeps going upward. is it just me or is anyone else having this problem?

It's not a problem, it's a new kickback feature introduced in the beta patches.

any way to get rid of it?

Not until someone makes a mod that removes, reduces or just changes it.

Yeah the new recoil makes all guns a pain in the ass to shoot, and since the AI arent affected by it AT ALL. It just makes the game unfair and annoying.

The AK has become utterly useless past 20m or so...Personally I hate the new recoil.

Yes..Don't run the beta build? :rolleyes:

1.54 has the recoil in by default. He'd have to reinstall and apply an older patch to get rid of it. ;)

1.54 has the recoil in by default. He'd have to reinstall and apply an older patch to get rid of it. ;)

so unless i want to uninstall my game i have to live with it pretty much?

Oh, I see. Haven't noticed as I've only been playing around with the vehicles in v1.54 and haven't tried out the weapons yet. :)

I hope this helps:

[YOTUBE]X6VmEyaNVOQ[/YOUTUBE]

RiE

Hey RiE,

You mention Quick Command Interface for controlling the arty. How did you set this up?

Edited by Placebo

I like the new artillery system, but I think it's way too accurate, though probably nothing that addons can't fix (other than actually having to adjust fire with a forward observer but that will probably always be a conceptual problem).

Anyone figured out yet how to make enemy AI (without human commands) use the new artillery if it's at all possible?

Yeah the new recoil makes all guns a pain in the ass to shoot, and since the AI arent affected by it AT ALL. It just makes the game unfair and annoying.

The AK has become utterly useless past 20m or so ...Personally I hate the new recoil.

Surely you jest. With the AK-74 and even the FAL which I think has probably the biggest recoil animation of all the unmagnified rifles I've used so far, I can still put several shots down 100m easy at a man sized target. Been enjoying the new recoil since the beta patches before release and am still enjoying it now. Just drag your mouse down a little bit if your going to fire a series of shots, it isn't difficult unless your sensitivity for your mouse is cranked to 11.

Few notes to the new recoil:

* it is tweaked and tested through long public beta patch process, we believe what is in the game now is overall very good game model for recoil

* making an option for the "old" recoil or to lower recoil is not something we would be keen to do: such option would be problem in mp (where this settings clearly would be server side only) and we prefer to keep this part of the game always the same in all modes

* it certainly requires training and is more demanding than the pre-1.54 recoil

Surely you jest. With the AK-74 and even the FAL which I think has probably the biggest recoil animation of all the unmagnified rifles I've used so far, I can still put several shots down 100m easy at a man sized target. Been enjoying the new recoil since the beta patches before release and am still enjoying it now. Just drag your mouse down a little bit if your going to fire a series of shots, it isn't difficult unless your sensitivity for your mouse is cranked to 11.

Few notes to the new recoil:

* it is tweaked and tested through long public beta patch process, we believe what is in the game now is overall very good game model for recoil

* making an option for the "old" recoil or to lower recoil is not something we would be keen to do: such option would be problem in mp (where this settings clearly would be server side only) and we prefer to keep this part of the game always the same in all modes

* it certainly requires training and is more demanding than the pre-1.54 recoil

Too many players used to CoD on their PS3.

Thumbs up from me on the new recoil!